PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YOUNG TALKING
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: YOUNG TALKING  (Read 12958 times)

ALTYGAL

YOUNG TALKING
« on: May 15, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »

Greg talking to York! :-( ?????!!!!

Longman

Re: YOUNG TALKING
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 11:36:03 AM »

Is this for definate?

For f**ks sake

ALTYGAL

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 11:38:39 AM »

Grapevine so hopefully not but there is no surprise in people being interested after the  season he's just had and he's lost his car share with senior!

Jacko

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 11:44:29 AM »

Martin foyle was at one of our home matches in the stand at the end of season

bigcol

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 11:45:19 AM »

Has his course finished?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 12:29:32 PM »

This is shaping up to be one of the most depressing close seasons for a while - especially if he goes.

OK, I know things could be worse and we could be in the AGM cup again, or relegated, but if when we take a few steps forward, we can't keep our squad we're going to be seriously in the schstuck  :(
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 12:45:24 PM »

To be fair the 'cote said the first task would be to hang on to our best players in the face of some very tempting offers.

And that's why we didn't have a big announcement saying everyone was definetly staying.

The 'cote is going to have to do the same job all over again I'm afraid and build an amazingly good team starting with whoever does actually stay.

The only answer to this problem is for the board to work on ideas for getting some serious investment in while avoiding the maunders factor.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 01:00:11 PM »

To be fair the 'cote said the first task would be to hang on to our best players in the face of some very tempting offers.

And that's why we didn't have a big announcement saying everyone was definetly staying.

The 'cote is going to have to do the same job all over again I'm afraid and build an amazingly good team starting with whoever does actually stay.

The only answer to this problem is for the board to work on ideas for getting some serious investment in while avoiding the maunders factor.

You're absolutely right of course.
The only upside of all of this (if you could call it that) is that all the "we just need one or two and we'll be in the playoffs next year" b*ll*cks is now a thing of the past and we're all going to be a lot more realistic (i.e. staying up will be a result for next year)

I'm sure GH and KMc will come up trumps for us. Come on the Supers!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »

Senior leaving is a shame... but Youngy going would be completely devastating.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 01:11:03 PM »

Why would you not have Greg on a contract knowing full well he'll have big interest over the summer. Can't begrudge him full time football but teams would surely pay big money for him.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 01:17:48 PM »

Why would you not have Greg on a contract knowing full well he'll have big interest over the summer. Can't begrudge him full time football but teams would surely pay big money for him.

If I remember rightly, he's just come to the end of a 2 year contract with us hasn't he?

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 01:20:34 PM »

Oh, right. I'm just so annoyed that our two best players will both end up going on frees.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 01:37:37 PM »

York have been after Youngy for a long time from what I know.  I think he still has some time to go on his course.

Its probably just a question of whether they will let him train less than the others.

I fully expect Youngy to leave.

I also fully expect him to be replaced.  Maybe not with 100% of the quality he had but with a decent player.

Everyone of these players that walks out on us is not because we have had to shed 5 players from last years squad.  Their wages will be available for someone else.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 01:39:25 PM »

Nail on the head there mate.

joe

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 01:52:41 PM »

The only bonus in all this is that it's happened before i shelled out for a season ticket. I was debating whether i could afford one or not anyway,this has convinced to save my money and spend it more wisely. 
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YOUNG TALKING