PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season Tickets payment by monthly installments
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Season Tickets payment by monthly installments  (Read 7602 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Season Tickets payment by monthly installments
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 06:18:29 PM »

I've ripped my season ticket renewal up, im off to watch premiership Blackpool and up and coming Fleetwood...

NOT !

Alty through and through  :)

RocketDan

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »

it's a strange one, where do people draw the line between 'children', 'adult' and 'concession'?

I don't know what other clubs do with regards to young people, I use this word loosely as I seem to remember Nottingham Forest offered an under 21's season ticket price. Personally there should be a flat rate for under 16's, regardless whether they are 5 or 15. Then concession applies essentially to anyone not working over 16 (so basically OAPs, people in full time education or unemployed)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Stewards required
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 06:41:07 PM »

Time to hi jack the thread.

Last year we had 3 matches where additional stewards were required at a cost to the club if i can increase the team more this may be avoided.

Altrincham Football Club are seeking additional stewards for matchdays for the 2010-2011 season

Do you like working as part of a team and can deal with the public

Full training will be given and a nationally recognised NVQ in spectator safety is achievable.
You must be willing to do both Altrincham Football Club and Manchester United reserve games.
You must be over 17 years of age and flexible due to different match times and days
All positions are voluntary
If interested please contact the club on 0161-928-1045 and leave your name and telephone number
and i will get back to you
Email me here altychiefsteward@ntlworld.com or personnel message me on this forum.

Safety Officer
Darren Gregory

@AltyDaz

RocketDan

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »

problem might be the potential for fans to cancel the direct debit if they were doing badly

I'm sure if it could be set up in a fixed contract.

Personally, I think it would be an appealing prospect for the 15-18 game a season regulars (like myself) to get to more/all the games.

I don't think the club would lose money, as floating fans would be come to (and therefore paying money for) games that they previously/otherwise would have come to. For example with my direct debit suggestion of £250 in total (£25per month for 10months), equates to just over 19 games at the regular gate price of £13. By contractually obliging fans to pay by direct debit, the club would guaranteed a steady flow of income into the club. Also the possibility of increased attendances hopefully lead to and increase in spending on programs and pies etc. as regulars started attending not most, but every fixture.

Another way of looking at is this:
'Fan A' turns up to every game and pays £13 on the gate (£299 over the season). Can the club risk the fact that such a fan will come to every game and not miss a few therefore essentially paying £250 anyway?
'Fan B' turns up to 18 games every season and pays £13 on the gate (£234 over the season). Is it worth the risk that they only come to/pay for 16 matches? Or would the chance of a season ticket paid in monthly installment costing an extra £16 over the year be appealing to him/her?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:17:54 PM by RocketDan »

baldrick

Re: Stewards required
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 09:47:34 PM »

Last year we had 3 matches where additional stewards were required at a cost to the club if i can increase the team more this may be avoided.

Altrincham Football Club are seeking additional stewards for matchdays for the 2010-2011 season

Full training will be given and a nationally recognised NVQ in spectator safety is achievable.
You must be willing to do both Altrincham Football Club and Manchester United reserve games.
You must be over 17 years of age and flexible due to different match times and days
If interested please contact the club on 0161-928-1045 and leave your name and telephone number
Email me here altychiefsteward@ntlworld.com or personnel message me on this forum.

Safety Officer
Darren Gregory

Can you get well supported away clubs to bring their own stewards to help out?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 10:17:39 PM »

Safety Officer
Darren Gregory

Can you get well supported away clubs to bring their own stewards to help out?

Yes but they all want paying.
@AltyDaz

baldrick

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 10:21:29 PM »

This is one of the problems with automatic promtion/relegation. It is all about money.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2010, 10:34:10 PM »

Safety Officer
Darren Gregory

I don't think Darren is necessarily hijacking the thread. The stewards do a great job and as Darren has said, training etc is provided. What Darren has not said, is that you get to attend the game for free. So for those that love Alty, but are absolutely skint, then surely there is an incentive here to volunteer.

Obviously there is some serious stewarding work to do and this will involve getting there early, leaving late, missing bits of the game in order to do the job properly and remaining completely impartial!

Back to the main point. I think the club can do no more than be the cheapest at this level, if other clubs can offer tickets at cheaper prices then so be it. There are lots of other things to do for less money including watching United and City on the telly in the Stonemasons. Unfortunately this is why the club only averages 1100 per annum and finds it so hard to compete at this level. Every person that takes this option ultimately impacts on the clubs ability to push on each season, so please no moaning if we see very little new blood over the Summer.
Offering seaon tickets by direct debit or at reduced rates just defeats the object of a season ticket (from the clubs point of view) in the first place - it is all about upfront cashflow and surety of turnover. Can people not see that ?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 10:39:04 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 08:34:19 AM »

are we not charging too much?  We're dearer than some premiership clubs...

This debate has been done before...we can't do much more than be the cheapest in the league.  Anything else just makes us less competitive than we already are.

Man City sell kids tickets for a fiver and give a free kids home shirt to start buildign loyalty. 

Thats only because thay have huge sky money comign in and rich owners...gate money meas nothing.

Point taken there, but what about the 16-18 age gap? Next season I will probably be joining my mate at Bolton instead of putting mt money into Alty. The reasoning behind this is that I will pay £45 for a season ticket, wheras at Alty I will have to pay £115- that's an extra £70 that I just don't have.

What a true Alty fan you are  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season Tickets payment by monthly installments