PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season Tickets payment by monthly installments
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Season Tickets payment by monthly installments  (Read 7600 times)

joe

Re: Season Tickets payment by monthly installments
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »

Season ticket too expensive? Can't shell out all at once?

Try saving up for it.

Dick!  Not everyone has spare money to save up for a season ticket,in order to that i'd have to miss a season and save up my gate money to buy next years season ticket.

It is for hard working people like joe and dan that I stand for...there are tough choices ahead and the working man season ticket credit has been designed specifically to bring thousands of families out of saturday afternoon misery and into football support....and if people can support Alty yet simply refuse I will cut off their benefits!!!!

Seriously the club does need to understand that there are stalwart alty fans like me and even more casual alty fans who have to make a choice as to wether to pay a lot of hard earned money and justify it to their families to go and watch alty or save the money and stay at home and some of us sadly cannot justify the cost reasonable as it is and cheapest in the BSP as it is and we decide to stay at home on a saturday and we hate it!!!

We have incomes and budgets and even on my reasonably decent wage even £26 a month for two matches has to be carefully considered as to wether it would not be best spent on paying for eleven plus tuition for my daughter for example.

So anything, anything the club can do to help is appreciated.....I actually became a steward for a couple of years when i was really poor so i could at least get in to see the alty but it wasn't me....I couldn't be impartial!
#

This sums up my situation. I've also got a daughter taking her secondary school entrance exams in September and tuition isn't cheap. I've also tried being a steward but again i just can't be impartial.

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 01:14:48 PM »

Ian...have you ever considered a career as a conservative MP? lol

It is a dilemna between commitment, affordability and the club's need to get money in early....one seemingly good idea to benefit the worse off has a bad effect on the status quo.

I can't help agreeing though, football is too expensive for many to commit to as often as they'd like...and it's expensive coz we are competing....it really galls me to pay £18 at some away grounds and i know the extra money is going to pay for fitter better quality players to beat the players I'm supporting....saying that I'd rather pay the higher prices occasionally and have us in the BSP than pay £7 to watch us play vauxhall motors.....

Maybe we need a means tested season ticket price? THAT'S A JOKE!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 08:27:38 PM »

Season ticket too expensive? Can't shell out all at once?

Try saving up for it.

Try saving up for it living 40 miles away on a pension and having to fund two places as Mrs S likes to go whenever I do.

I almost never rise to bait on here except when it's about m*cc or v*cs but your superficial pretentiousness is breathtaking matey.

As it happens, my kids are clubbing up to pay for season tickets for both me and Mrs S for next season otherwise I'd be forced to miss games I wanted to go to for financial reasons you don't seem to comprehend.
One home match for us with the obligatory programme (I collect them), a glass of red in the NWS (ok I could miss that out I suppose) and petrol comes to nearly £50. We just can't afford it (or save up for it) more than once a month.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 11:21:10 PM »

The tough times are going to get tougher, no matter who wins the election.  All football clubs, inc. Alty will be operating in a very different, tougher financial world in 12 months time I'm sure.  People feeling the squeeze now will really struggle to stump up money to see as many Alty games as they would like.  Vote for who you want, support whatever team you want, cash IS going to be harder to find. Saving up for a trip to the Alty is fine Ian, but where folk could maybe afford that twice a month last season it could be once a month in 2010 / 2011. And that hits the budget at Moss Lane.

fuertes

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 09:32:40 AM »

I bet Ian has a picture of Margaret Thatcher on his wall.

Football is far too expensive in this country. The prices we pay on the gate at Alty (and I accept they're better than most of the rest of the division) would get you into a Bundesliga game, with all the amenities and top level football on show.

The fact people are shelling out £40+ at United and even £65+ at Arsenal and Chelsea is totally baffling.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 04:05:38 PM »

Football is far too expensive in this country. The prices we pay on the gate at Alty (and I accept they're better than most of the rest of the division) would get you into a Bundesliga game, with all the amenities and top level football on show.

The fact people are shelling out £40+ at United and even £65+ at Arsenal and Chelsea is totally baffling.

Two season tickets - First tier of the North Stand at Old Trafford - Just had the renewal letter though last week - £817 each

and that's just the league matches - No discount for paying up front. 

The robbing baskets also want £43 for the Mickey Mouse Coca Cola Wotsit Cup when they shove the reserves out and the group stages of the Champions League.

And then they wonder why they can't flog the tickets ?

My prediction for next season is that United will be playing to less than capacity houses for many of the lesser matches next season.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 09:26:29 PM »

Two season tickets - First tier of the North Stand at Old Trafford - Just had the renewal letter though last week - £817 each

The robbing baskets also want £43 for the Mickey Mouse Coca Cola Wotsit Cup when they shove the reserves out and the group stages of the Champions League.

My prediction for next season is that United will be playing to less than capacity houses for many of the lesser matches next season.

I doubt it theres thousands of fans from ireland etc who will pay to see any first team games
Bernard Taylors barmy army

jimmyhank

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 11:30:55 PM »

(S)Alty - just had my renewal from Man U too - £779 for NE quad. They've held the price but it's simply getting a bridge too far and I get a lot more satisfaction from going to Salisbury (and losing) as you really feel part of the family as opposed to just being some mug lining the Glazer's pocket.

Spanish Alty

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »

are we not charging too much?  We're dearer than some premiership clubs...

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 01:02:39 PM »

I get a lot more satisfaction from going to Salisbury (and losing) as you really feel part of the family as opposed to just being some mug lining the Glazer's pocket.
[/quote]

Exactly why I won't be spending any money at OT this season, and will be putting my £225 into Alty FC again.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 01:51:08 PM »

You make that sound like its a bad thing.

I have mine between Pamela Anderson and Lucy Pinder!

markecky

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 02:07:04 PM »

This debate has been done before...we can't do much more than be the cheapest in the league.  Anything else just makes us less competitive than we already are.

Man City sell kids tickets for a fiver and give a free kids home shirt to start buildign loyalty. 

Thats only because thay have huge sky money comign in and rich owners...gate money meas nothing.

Butty

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »

This debate has been done before...we can't do much more than be the cheapest in the league.  Anything else just makes us less competitive than we already are.

Man City sell kids tickets for a fiver and give a free kids home shirt to start buildign loyalty. 

Thats only because thay have huge sky money comign in and rich owners...gate money meas nothing.

Point taken there, but what about the 16-18 age gap? Next season I will probably be joining my mate at Bolton instead of putting mt money into Alty. The reasoning behind this is that I will pay £45 for a season ticket, wheras at Alty I will have to pay £115- that's an extra £70 that I just don't have.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
An extra 70 quid?
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 06:05:54 PM »

That'll be an extra 70 quid you'll be spending on travel, petrol, trains, buses etc up to Bolton 20 times a season! And the rest... It's a moot point anyway, the club can't do more than get 16-18yr olds in for £5 a game, that's tremendous. If Bolton can do it for £2.25 then fair play to them but sometimes it's not all about the money.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 06:16:16 PM »

Frankly, I'd pay £45 to avoid having to watch Bolton....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season Tickets payment by monthly installments