PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season Tickets payment by monthly installments
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Season Tickets payment by monthly installments  (Read 7603 times)

RocketDan

« on: May 02, 2010, 03:13:48 PM »

While I appreciate that the club obviously runs a tight budget during off-season and revenue generated by season ticket sales is important over the summer, £225 is a lot of money to shell out in one go.

Does the club have any plans to introduce payment via direct debit or other monthly installments? I'm sure quite a few clubs a the BSP level have a similar payment method, for example, a direct debit of £25 a month for 10 months plus a £25 admin cost. Essentially paying £250 for the season working out at £10.89 per game, as apposed to £9.78 if paid in bulk (this does not include the £10 discount if paid for before the end of June).

Before people say,  I don't think it would have an adverse effect on current season ticket holders because if you can afford to pay £225 in one one go it works out cheaper to pay it all off in one go. I'm not sure if the club has looked into this but i would be interested to know if people who, like myself, are not current season ticket holders but would take this offer up.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Season Tickets payment by monthly installments
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 03:18:52 PM »

problem might be the potential for fans to cancel the direct debit if they were doing badly, perhaps five monthly payments starting in april ending august.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 04:49:25 PM »

The club allow for payment for season tickets in instalments, as long as they are paid before the season starts.  This was in response to people who struggle (like me) to shell out for it all at once.

I think Dans way defeats the object of a season ticket.   It would just be like buying a cheaper monthly pass.

All clubs use season ticket money to run through the summer and pay early season bills, hence why its cheaper as an incentive.

baldrick

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 06:06:48 PM »

Millwall have done this for the last three years. But they don't issue a traditional book of tickets. Instead you get a card which is electronically loaded with information about you. There is a barcode on the back which is scanned at the turnstile. If anyone cancels the direct debit the card is blocked and the person would be banned from using the scheme again. They do the same with membership cards, that is how they manage to successfully ban people. When the barcode is scanned it shows your photo and tells them every game you have been to since you joined. They know more about us than Tesco.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:37:36 PM »

Probably most higher level clubs do this too Baldrick, certainly Fulham do. Not a goer technology wise for us though I'm sure.

I hava a "Ahem" "Cottage Card"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:00:32 PM by SW »
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 10:34:48 PM »

I think Dans way defeats the object of a season ticket.   It would just be like buying a cheaper monthly pass.

This.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:14:59 AM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 01:41:15 AM »

how about a 5 or 10 match ticket at a price in between the usual admission price and the season ticket price...say 11.50 per match.

with the recession anything we can do to get money in soon while giving fans more incetive to come while giving them affordable options is worth considering?

would this be an attractive option for rocket dan and can I ask do you normally buy a season ticket dan?

joe

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 07:54:19 AM »

I normally buy a season ticket but can't afford to pay out one lump sum this year. I could afford a pay monthly option but as it's highly unlikely this will be brought in i'll have to limit myself to two home games a month next season unfortunately.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 08:36:48 AM »

It is for hard working people like joe and dan that I stand for...there are tough choices ahead and the working man season ticket credit has been designed specifically to bring thousands of families out of saturday afternoon misery and into football support....and if people can support Alty yet simply refuse I will cut off their benefits!!!!

Seriously the club does need to understand that there are stalwart alty fans like me and even more casual alty fans who have to make a choice as to wether to pay a lot of hard earned money and justify it to their families to go and watch alty or save the money and stay at home and some of us sadly cannot justify the cost reasonable as it is and cheapest in the BSP as it is and we decide to stay at home on a saturday and we hate it!!!

We have incomes and budgets and even on my reasonably decent wage even £26 a month for two matches has to be carefully considered as to wether it would not be best spent on paying for eleven plus tuition for my daughter for example.

So anything, anything the club can do to help is appreciated.....I actually became a steward for a couple of years when i was really poor so i could at least get in to see the alty but it wasn't me....I couldn't be impartial!

markecky

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 08:39:41 AM »

Maybe they could do a half year ticket in advance?..like a 2010 ticket or something with a lesser saving but still a saving.

seasonticket

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 09:26:20 AM »

I have just read through this thread and it brings me to one conclusion. (And this is not a dig at Alty but football in general) It is too expensive.
There are probably many more people than have posted on here that are trying to justify the expense of a season ticket or even paying on the gate for a few chosen matches.
We are in or just out of (depending which idiot politician you listen to) a recession, either way money is tight: and people are looking for better value for what they spend and a football match, with one or two exceptions, does not deliver better value. IMO.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 09:38:13 AM »

Season ticket too expensive? Can't shell out all at once?

Try saving up for it.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 11:06:51 AM »

I know this may sound a bit harsh, but i agree with the post above. Everyone knows the season starts August and season tickets bought end of June get discount, i think the discount has been running for a few years now. If you can't shell out at once maybe start after Christmas saving for the following season ?

Paying in instalments/block of tickets upfront at discounted price defeats the object of season tickets IMO, and thats to give the club a bit of income during close season. Offering such schemes would have an adverse affect.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 11:36:23 AM »

Season ticket too expensive? Can't shell out all at once?

Try saving up for it.

Whilst there is some truth in this, it's a bit harsh on people with young kids and mortgages/rent to pay. It's not always easy to save when you've got lots to pay out for.
Come on Alty!

Butty

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 11:44:24 AM »

Another problem with Season Tickets, that I am currently struggling with, is those in the 16-18 age bracket. My season ticket this year has gone up from £50 to £115- a sum I just can't afford. I may be able to attend a few matches but I think I may have to watch another club every week.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team