PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games  (Read 18941 times)

Jacko

Re: Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2007, 04:46:51 PM »

Dont forget that a large proportion of away fans will be in there own transport so won't drink,
plus getting the messege through to these fan's to actually be aware beforehand that there would be an exclusive bar for them might be tricky? don't you think?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2007, 04:47:33 PM »

Have already dropped an email to Grahame Rowley, but if you can also pop into the club that would be a good idea.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2007, 04:49:07 PM »

As I said no harm in trying.

Costing is a big issue and the return we would get from it, as these are not altrincham fans but another clubs fans who may not care for the club (Sorry UK Phil but you know what I mean) so can't guarantee people will use the facilities. Having people milling around near the main road having beer may not exactly please the locals, lets be honest putting a sign up annoys them !

I am just not sure of a large amount of away fans drinking alcohol in such an open place. too be honest it scares me. These are not altrincham fc fans but they will be representing the club, if that make sense. Their actions will reflect on the club, our club.

Get your ideas down and approach the club, no harm in asking as you rightly say but I need some persuading  ;)

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2007, 04:49:39 PM »

Dont forget that a large proportion of away fans will be in there own transport so won't drink,
plus getting the messege through to these fan's to actually be aware beforehand that there would be an exclusive bar for them might be tricky? don't you think?

There are ways and means of doing this.

Ideally, as previously stated, the long term aim would be to have a larger Noel White Suite which could accomodate home and away fans aplenty with direct access from the street. This is a long way off yet though.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2007, 05:03:08 PM »

I think that an increase in our bar takings is imperative if we are to progress off the pitch, but I honestly don't think that marquees at the chequers end are a viable answer because of the logistics involved.  What could go wrong outweighs what we'd gain.

Also what happens if we get this whole thing installed as a one off and there's a heavy frost or deluge of rain that morning?

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2007, 05:09:03 PM »

Does anyone know the history of the old Red Robin Club? Was it built by Messrs White and Swales? Was it opened as a revenue earner for the club or was it an entirely separate business?

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 09:40:21 PM »

I worked in there from Xmas 1971 to September 1972, wating on and then behind the bar ( was saving up for a car). At that time the place was run by a guy with an Irish accent, who some other establishment in Stockport. It used to get quite busy, apart from the time on wrestling on mid week night....there were more participants than paying spectators

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »

I think the idea is a good one but trying to organise and man it is a different matter. We should wait till they start developing the carpark
and see what space is left when Chequers is knocked down then talk to the devolper about having a bar built in as part of a new perimter wall (where chequers) acts as part of the wall now behind Kieths snack van.
It won't be big but it would do the job

100th post
@AltyDaz

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2007, 10:54:17 PM »

congrats on the 100th post darren, i agree about the second bar area, but i think the reason R&W dynamite suggested this is because york and oxford are this season and real revenue could be missed out on R&WD any reply from graham rowley?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2007, 10:15:44 AM »

Not heard anything yet but I'll keep you informed.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2007, 10:59:17 AM »

Can I also say we need to think of ways of getting the Noel White Suite used by HOME FANS before and after the game.
This is our regular income and I think the bar is very poorly supported by home fans.

We need to think of ways of getting Altrincham fans into the bar .. thinking hat on ...

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2007, 11:13:12 AM »

Maybe another tv or two would help as there is always a crush to catch the scores at half time which might put people off at full time?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2007, 11:14:55 AM »

Or maybe some sort of promotion (happy hour) at say 1-2pm match days and 5-6 after the game  ???

Jacko

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2007, 11:43:58 AM »

I think the position of the t.v is wrong as its right next to the door which makes a right pile up, maybe getting people to watch more towards the bar would be more appropriate and definately more accessible, I'm not saying we should do a big "changing rooms" just make more use of the limited space

Ashley Alty

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2007, 12:35:03 PM »

I know of quite a few people who won't go into the NWS beacuse of the smoke.  Following 1st July, some people may give it a go but because it is such a low ceiling, it does get very smoky and the smell clings to your bobble hat :o(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games