PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Summer signings
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 6400 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Summer signings
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 03:59:15 PM »

There were also representatives from Manchester City and Port Vale in the bar before and after the game.

Without being negative about our current squad surely none of them are good enough for the premiership!??

I never thought they were, however that is who was in the bar.  :)
Wouldn't be surprised if the Port Vale guy was looking at both of their loan players and possibly to see if there were one or two players they would look at adding to their squad.

ANDYT

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »

i know were in talks with Danny Adams and Twiss coming back!

Heffer

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 04:14:33 PM »

A cultured midfielder and another effective 15 goal striker added to what we already have and we will be well in the promotion hunt

I think there was a lot of truth in a post on another thread which stated that John McAliskey may be a different proposition given the benefit of a full pre-season and improved fitness/sharpness.
Also, I am confident that Dale Johnson would increase the goal tallies of others around him.
Rubbish - he is not a conference player!

Nonleaguer

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »

Why look at players who's career is now petering out like the players released by Morecambe? Their are plenty of up and coming players around who have a greater hunger and desire to prove themselves and potentially may offer Altrincham the opportunity to cash in if they turn out to be decent signings.

I wouldn't be surprised if Senior is a Vale target if they offload Mark Richards who is supposedly stalling on wage demands...

Butty

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 05:02:04 PM »

But Altrincham fits Senior around his commitments as a Physio or whatever at another club (might be Sheffield United), so not sure he'll want to leave

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 05:38:01 PM »

But Altrincham fits Senior around his commitments as a Physio or whatever at another club (might be Sheffield United), so not sure he'll want to leave

Correct - why after his training and hard work to become a physio (and at a pretty decent club) would you decide to quit to join a club 1 step up from where you are.

Times have changed, footballers are now looking at other careers outside of football and our club suits 100%. So much so that we probably dont here about the players throwing themselves at us in the summer who get rejected who 5 years ago would have been taken on...

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 05:39:57 PM »

And another point - playing for Altrincham part time + other career = pretty decent salary  :o

brian1925

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 06:30:28 PM »

I completely agree with Alty1981's original post. What we need to do more than anything else is retain the 16 or so lads we presently have. Not sure anything else is really needed, or realistic. The worry is overspending teams from Conference North poaching some of our better players.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 06:33:31 PM »

I wonder what type of Ausi visa Matt Crowell is on.
Usually the under 28's working visa is valid for only a year.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 06:42:12 PM »

A cultured midfielder and another effective 15 goal striker added to what we already have and we will be well in the promotion hunt

I think there was a lot of truth in a post on another thread which stated that John McAliskey may be a different proposition given the benefit of a full pre-season and improved fitness/sharpness.
Also, I am confident that Dale Johnson would increase the goal tallies of others around him.
I thought he did a decent job at FGR and we looked comfortable until he went off which was the turning point. Agreed Dale Johnson is a better all round player but I agree with the other poster that McAliskey could improve with better fitness. 

markecky

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »

i know were in talks with Danny Adams and Twiss coming back!

How soild is your source mate because I have heard we're not!

markecky

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 07:29:06 PM »

As Jacko says its about opinions.

My opnion is that McAliskey is not the best in the world but if he ain't on big money then he is worth having around.  Providing he can get fitter.

To get fitter and sharper he needs a pre season, then I feel we can judge him properly.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 07:43:18 PM »

My opnion is that McAliskey is not the best in the world but if he ain't on big money then he is worth having around.  Providing he can get fitter.

To get fitter and sharper he needs a pre season, then I feel we can judge him properly.

Perhaps you could say the same with Dale Johnson.  I'm looking forward to Dale getting a good pre-season under his belt after his long absence and getting back into the team.  Graham Westley might not be everyone's cup of tea but he rates Dale....

Time to step forward Mr Johnson  ;)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 07:55:17 PM »

I still say that considering McAlisky came from Witton (2 leagues lower than the BSP) he hasnt done that bad..
I would give him time and like people on here have already said. see what he is like after the pre season.

We certainly missed him once substituted at FGR

York Alty

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 12:26:23 AM »

always worth discussing new players, but we need to keep a very close eye on the background...and that as ever for Alty is money.  Is it 5 years now without paying out for a player?  I'm hoping Ken McKenna can use his contacts in the welsh leagues and pick us up a couple of contenders.  It's all down to budget folks...
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Summer signings