PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Abandonded
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Match Abandonded  (Read 8390 times)

markecky

Re: Match Abandonded
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 11:48:30 PM »

I'd say yes as well.

Its often easy to forget that this lad probably won't be able to work for a whlie and may not have insurance (I know he should etc etc)

It might not be much but it would be a nice gesture and some good PR.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 07:41:32 AM »

it would be a nice gesture plus good PR for the club

What is most pleasing though is that this suggestion is being discussed without any prompting which sums up the friendliness of Alty football club, the fans and staff.

Nice to see in this age where far too many people have a "fk you I am all right" attitude..

mrsband

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 09:39:41 AM »

As well as suffering his horrific injury on saturday, we have heard that only last week Matt was made redundant, making it a double whammy as he now has no income whatsoever.
Donating the proceeds of a bucket collection is a fantastic gesture, and I am sure it would be welcomed wholeheartedly. Perhaps someone could contact Woodley on behalf of Alty to sort something out?
Good luck for this season!

markecky

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »

Maybe someone who goes in the club would put this to someone in authority?

Butty

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »

With news of his redundancy, maybe all the collections from a couple of games would help a bit more, as opposed to just the one?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »

I support a collection for the poor chap, but would Woodley have some insurance for this sort of thing?

Altyant

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 08:29:52 PM »

I agree, definitely a good idea

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 09:22:38 AM »

Poor lad.

bighairedmike

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 08:30:31 PM »

With news of his redundancy, maybe all the collections from a couple of games would help a bit more, as opposed to just the one?

I agree witht he whole bucket collection thing but it was an accident. Alty arent some charity to dole out money to people that have lost their jobs. Might sound harsh but thats how it is.

62vintage

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 03:53:25 PM »

I agree witht he whole bucket collection thing but it was an accident. Alty arent some charity to dole out money to people that have lost their jobs. Might sound harsh but thats how it is.

Yes it does sound harsh and it also makes you you sound like a prick.
Bet you do`nt have the same ignorant attitude if any of our players have a similar injury.
We are known as a friendly club so lets help the lad.

bighairedmike

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »

Bet you do`nt have the same ignorant attitude if any of our players have a similar injury.

Yes it does, i should have phrased it better.
Its hardly an ignorant attitude, just one of truth. You wouldnt expect Wrexham to give Tom Kearney a couple of matches gate money for his injury would you?
And I know we are, thats why i'm not saying we shouldnt help the lad at all...

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 09:04:04 PM »

Its hardly an ignorant attitude, just one of truth. You wouldnt expect Wrexham to give Tom Kearney a couple of matches gate money for his injury would you?

Nobody is suggesting that the CLUB pay a penny ! The idea is that we, as football supporters, show a little sympathy for a lad who's suffered an appalling injury in a friendly game. It's called sportsmanship.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 11:46:21 PM »

Difference being that both Wrexham and ourselves are in a position to support an injured player which Woodley are clearly and obviously not

bighairedmike

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2010, 04:51:42 AM »

Difference being that both Wrexham and ourselves are in a position to support an injured player which Woodley are clearly and obviously not

So we should set a precedent that we ourselves might not be able to sustain in the future?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2010, 09:08:49 AM »

So we should set a precedent that we ourselves might not be able to sustain in the future?

A) We are in fact talking about the proceeds of a bucket collection here are we not? For a second I thought that we'd agreed to pay him a weekly wage until he recovered.

B) I sincerely hope (and believe) that were we to find ourselves in the Woodley position, should one of our players get hurt in an accidental challenge with an opponent from a bigger club then the fans of that Club  (for I can see no mention of the Football Club making any payment) might also make a similar gesture (because that's what it is). My point is that, at present, we are in a position where we can 'look after' our players. I appreciate that this situation may not last for ever
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Abandonded