Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Trivia Quiz: Name this former Alty player greeting a former England manager
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alty Trivia Quiz: Name this former Alty player greeting a former England manager  (Read 6459 times)

Dougals Dad

Quite correct Mad Frankie. Not entirely sure COlin's CV is 100% accurate - a little artistic licence there methinks! Cult?

Professional Experience 4 years, Derby County, English Premier League Definately not, does he mean the old division 1?
3 years, Crewe Alesandra, English 3rd Division
3 years, Northwich Victoria, Conference League
Altrincham FC
Leading scorer in the Conference League for two seasons.  Was he, he got a few goals, esp for Vics but I'd be surprised if he got more than Casey etc

Played and scored in the English Premier League.  Div 1.

Won the FA Trophy. With Vics?

Played twice at Wembley. 

Had a Club Record signing for Crew Alexandra. At the time?

Ballers,

I think that it's fair to say that Mister Chesters has indeed employed a degree of 'poetic licence' in compiling that CV.

He scored one goal for Derby County when they were members of the old English First Division back in the 1977/78 season.

Whilst at Crewe Alexandra, he amassed (if that's the appropriate word) a total of six goals in 61 league appearances in the old English Fourth Division.

He was certainly a member of Northwich's 1984 FA Trophy winning team.....but I don't know when his other professed appearance at Wembley occurred.
Perhaps he attended the original Live Aid concert there in 1985?

There's no way that he was ever the leading goalscorer in the Conference back then - even for one season!   

Maybe he scored after 3 mins of the Conference season and, for a few minutes at least, he was leading scorer?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Trivia Quiz: Name this former Alty player greeting a former England manager