Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 There is someone better than Jezza at match reports.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: There is someone better than Jezza at match reports.  (Read 5066 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
@AltyDaz

Jezza

Re: There is someone better than Jezza at match reports.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 09:36:52 AM »

I like to think I display slightly better taste in my essays.

Meanwhile good news as the find Maddie McCann fund grows to £180k....the McCanns plan to keep the money safe by leaving it in an unlocked room and checking on it every half an hour.

Butty

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 03:25:06 PM »

thats the funniest thing since sliced bread! no wait thats the best thing but... o well its still the funniest thing ive red all day

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 11:57:41 PM »

I know I'm setting myself up here for yet another diatribe from Ecky, Slade Green Alty etc. and even more accusations that I have no sense of humour but I'm afraid some things transcend humour no matter how eccentric your sense of humour may be and the Maddy McCann issue is one of those things.

I'm quite honestly appalled at this, particularly from someone who has children himself.

Please feel free to post whatever you want, call me what you want, Peake me to high heaven...this just is not something to joke about :-X :-X

markecky

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 12:25:06 AM »

Ignoring the slant at me, I 100% agree with you.

I'm not sure what you were thinking with this one Jezza. 

Maybe he'll edit it himself.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 10:36:10 AM »

Believe me, I'm not laughing, I'm fuming.

As a parent the disappearance of any child hits me hard, the disappearance of Maddie is particularly upsetting as she is so young, so beautiful and the picture of innocence (much like my own daughter at 4 years old)....however;

I am disgusted at the trouble these lazy selfish parents have caused and have absolutly zero respect for them. I therefore feel perfectly happy to post irony about them in order to make a strong point....I doubt anybody laughed..I hope some thought "hmm, he's got a point"...Don't get me wrong...the person to blame is the filthy piece of scum who abducted Maddie....but if you wouldn't leave cash in an unlocked room, why leave something much more valuable?

I am appalled at the fact that parents can leave 3 children under the age of 4 home alone while they go out and enjoy themselves...they didn't even use the resort baby listening service which at least would have been something although still not acceptable in my view considering they were at least 50 yards away and the appartment (far from being a child friendly location) sided onto the main road and has a swimming pool between it and the parents.
The parents refused to use the baby sitting service (£20) as they din't want to leave the kids with a stranger (fair enough)...however since Maddie's abduction their twins have been dumped at the creche (with strangers) on a daily basis?????
I am also appalled that the media yesterday backed up the Mccanns justification that this was no different to having tea in the garden and the suggestion that they actually did more than their duty in checking every half an hour rather than using the listening service....BBC radio 5 live said "thousands of parents must do this every year"...Mike Mendoza on talk sport said it was more irresponsible to take children with you to a restaurant and let them sleep in their buggy next to you while you eat.

If there is anything positive to come out of this disappearance it is the backing up of the message to parents everythwere that you do not leave your kids home alone and the media coverage yesterday seemed to be saying...oh go on, take the risk.

I do however feel desperatly for the little girl and the twins (not least for the parents they have been gifted with).

However if you think these people are model parents and they did nothing wrong so are above criticism  then apologies if the truth offended.

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »

Do you think the media would take their side if they weren't doctors or whatever. i mean, if it was a young couple then the kids would be taken off them and given to social services quick as a flash. it really doesnt make sense. >:(

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 11:05:54 AM »

Behind you 100% on this one Jezza.

More of a jibe than a joke.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »

thank f**k someone else has said what i was thinking jezza, i really can't believe how irresponsible some people are

Altysmiffy

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 02:30:48 PM »

Well done Jezza.

There is no-one I know who does not agree with you. The way the parents have been made out to be some sort of saints I find extraordinary. They were highly irresponsible.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 06:32:02 PM »

I've had a thought for a few days now which I've completely kept to myself but just as a discussion point.

A few days ago Mrs McCann was pictured in the papers out jogging, a fairly photogenic lady she is too. Now I know you have to try and keep some semblance of normality in your life and keep doing the things that keep you sane but...... in this instance wouldn't you be frantic, stressed? I'm not a father but I'd like to think I wouldn't be on Confguide or down watching us on Saturday or jogging or whatever.

I mean, jogging, in public, knowing full well that the press will photograph you? Is the photogenic Mrs McCann starting to enjoy the attention?? *

* I don't believe the rumours that the parents are in on it and it's an attention seeking exercise though may I add

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 09:00:55 PM »

I know I'm setting myself up here for yet another diatribe from Ecky, Slade Green Alty etc. and even more accusations that I have no sense of humour but I'm afraid some things transcend humour no matter how eccentric your sense of humour may be and the Maddy McCann issue is one of those things.

I'm quite honestly appalled at this, particularly from someone who has children himself.

Please feel free to post whatever you want, call me what you want, Peake me to high heaven...this just is not something to joke about :-X :-X

I strongly recommend that you refrain from involving me in any of your bullsh*t posts in future you sad bastard! I really am fed up of reading your self righteous posts and if you have a personal gripe with me be enough of a man to take it up with me in person.

Enough said.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 10:01:29 PM »

This debate doesn't belong on here in my opinion, how anyone knows how they would react in such a situation is impossible to say, its all too massive for those involved. I am a parent and I can't imagine what those people are are going through, nor how they are coping especially with the media exposure. Any parent, I include myself, can from time to time make errors of judgement and usually there are no adverse consequences. They did make a tragic decision but personally I feel  terribly sorry for them.

Come on Alty, that's why we talk on here.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 10:16:04 PM »

i dont think anyone on here doesnt feel sorry for them. its just all about responsibility and leaving the children like that wasnt responsible at all even if they were checking on them every half an hour. i dont think that things have been helped by the media and the way they are portraying everything. no-body would want to be in their shoes, and maybe doing things they would normally do at home (jogging etc) is their way of dealing with stress and just trying to take their mind off things even for a little while. i know you cant jus push something like that out of your mind, but you know what i mean.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 10:30:16 PM by bighairedmike »

FallGuy

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 09:44:47 AM »

I strongly recommend that you refrain from involving me in any of your bullsh*t posts in future you sad bastard! I really am fed up of reading your self righteous posts and if you have a personal gripe with me be enough of a man to take it up with me in person.

Enough said.

Congraulations Mr Rosendaal on your erudite and considered response to ATS posting.

I am gratified to note that the legendary diplomatic skills which so impressed Dave Pace during your brief conversation with him in the NWS a couple of years ago remain unaffected by the passage of time.

It seems to me as an outsiderto this debate that you have more of a problem with ATS than he does with you so perhaps you should take your own advice and contact him direct to spare the rest of us from this crap
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 There is someone better than Jezza at match reports.