PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grays match
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Grays match  (Read 4539 times)

penfold

Grays match
« on: August 19, 2007, 10:24:47 PM »

I know its a few days away, but i was thinking what will the score be against Grays?
Over the past few games parts of our game have been good, but at other they have been bad :S So with this in mind i believe the game will be close therefore i think Alty will win 2-1 :) Alty getting a late goal!!!!
However do any of you believe the starting team will change?

Altysmiffy

Re: Grays match
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 10:30:33 PM »

I think Alty can get a win v Grays.

Any changes to the team will be minimal with O'Neill's position possibly most at risk.

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 03:43:07 PM »

Grays scored five against Kidderminster so it will be a difficult game. The way the team gave up when Exeter took the lead was very worrying. A lot has been said about lack of fitness so i think Graham needs to use the substitutes wisely. Home points will be vital if the club are to survive again, but three points is definitely achievable.

penfold

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 10:45:55 PM »

Grays scored five against Kidderminster so it will be a difficult game. The way the team gave up when Exeter took the lead was very worrying. A lot has been said about lack of fitness so i think Graham needs to use the substitutes wisely. Home points will be vital if the club are to survive again, but three points is definitely achievable.

yeah i saw they scored 5 the other night, so as you have just mentioned points are avalible but it will be hard! but i think winning home games will be vital for us

Daycare Dan

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 01:01:02 PM »

I'd expect the only change to the team to be the inclusion of Lawton, in for probably Senior. I think we'll try and keep it tight, stop them playing and nick a goal . The way free kicks and corners are being played now that's always a chance!  ;)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 01:26:10 PM »

I think we'll try and keep it tight, stop them playing and nick a goal .

And that's why we'll probably lose.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 02:06:06 PM »

We MUST look to attack from the off! This is not Torquay or Oxford away from home and we must look to pressurise Grays from the word go - we definitely have players who are well capable of doing just that.

I would like the following to play:

Coburn
Lane
Tinson
Munroe
Peyton
Potts
Sedgemore
Owen
Whalley
Little
Senior

markecky

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 02:14:20 PM »

Grays like to attack, we mustn't let them by inviting them onto us.

We must go for it at home.

Altyant

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 08:22:01 PM »

Grays like to attack, we mustn't let them by inviting them onto us.

We must go for it at home.

It is a winnable game, however Im a bit worried abt the defence after Grays scroing so freely against Kiddy.

I'll go for a 2-2 draw.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 12:30:10 PM »

I am going to say that Alty will get battered in this one 4-0.

This way I wont be dissapointed if it is 3-0.

Could be a close call I think, I have a devil on my right shulder sayiing that I do fear the worst, but I have angel on my left shoulder saying we will come out guns blazing and win 3-0.

teasybeaver

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 12:37:20 PM »

I am going to say that Alty will get battered in this one 4-0.

This way I wont be dissapointed if it is 3-0.

Could be a close call I think, I have a devil on my right shulder sayiing that I do fear the worst, but I have angel on my left shoulder saying we will come out guns blazing and win 3-0.

I'd say that you have all bases covered there jenga. Nothing like a bit of clinical indifference!

I think we'll take it to them and come out 2-0 winners. The silly errors will stop soon as the players reach match sharpness, I think the blind panic will ease with a few points on the board!

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »

I think the blind panic will ease with a few points on the board!

I'm not so sure about that - isn't that just part of being an Alty fan?   ;D

Daycare Dan

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 01:16:56 PM »

If we went at them 4-3-3 I'm sure we'd get picked off 4 or 5 nil. IMO we are doing nothing wrong on the pitch, we just need to make sure we are playing the game from the first whistle, not from when we are 1 or 2 down. As Cote pointed out on Monday this way of playing worked at Morcambe, Stevenage et al last season. If we are hard to break down, we'll be harder to beat?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 06:03:01 PM »

If we went at them 4-3-3 I'm sure we'd get picked off 4 or 5 nil. IMO we are doing nothing wrong on the pitch, we just need to make sure we are playing the game from the first whistle, not from when we are 1 or 2 down. As Cote pointed out on Monday this way of playing worked at Morcambe, Stevenage et al last season. If we are hard to break down, we'll be harder to beat?

I think we'll probably lose whatever.

However if we try to contain Grays we'll certainly lose, if we try to take the game to them we'll probably lose but still have a chance of winning.

I think we are doing things wrong on the pitch; we're not getting the best out of our players.

As for Graham banging on about Morecambe and Stevenage, of course they were great results, but how many times has the tactic failed? Many, many times I can recall.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 06:08:28 PM »

ATTACK ATTACK    ATTACK  ATTACK ATTACK !!!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grays match