News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jake Bickerstaff (Loan Option?)

Author Topic: Jake Bickerstaff (Loan Option?)  (Read 3037 times)

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« on: January 14, 2023, 12:08:22 AM »

I was quite impressed by young Bickerstaff tonight. Only 21, has a really good pedigree with pace to burn and a good eye for goal.

Was out on loan at Nantwich Town from January to the end of last season.

Not sure how Wrexham see him in their plans, but a loan move to an attacking side like us would surely be a good move. Failing that, I think he’s out of contract at the end of the season.

Get some eyes on him PP

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Bickerstaff (Loan Option?)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 12:24:43 AM »

I was quite impressed by young Bickerstaff tonight. Only 21, has a really good pedigree with pace to burn and a good eye for goal.

Not sure how Wrexham see him in their plans, but a loan move to an attacking side like us would surely be a good move. Failing that, I think he’s out of contract at the end of the season.

Get some eyes on him PP

We need to steer away from relying on loans so much. If we want to progress further in this league then we need to sign these players up.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 08:57:12 AM »

Get some eyes on him PP

I totally agree with this.

We use the loan market well, I can understand why others don't, but it certainly makes sense if the players in question could come available permanently anyway (just like with Eddy Jones).

This lad seems really well regarded by Wrexham fans too - fits the profile we should be looking at, for sure.

Edit: according to online research, both Dalby and Bickerstaff are contracted to 2024 - the latter they do seem to consider as one for the future.

Dalby I reckon would be super expensive wage wise.

Bickerstaff on loan till the end of the year would certainly benefit both clubs - if he keeps us pushing and allows us to kick the problem back to the summer.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 09:11:48 AM by MarpleAlty »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 10:10:27 AM »

Can't see us getting anyone on loan from Wrexham after last night's bad words between the benches after the game, can you?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 10:51:32 AM »

Their manager may be a sore loser, but he ain't daft. Sending that young lad to us for a bit would be sensible all round.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 11:05:35 AM »

I'd like to think so but I'm not so sure.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 11:23:18 AM »

Bearing in mind how much Hollywood Wales pay their players, even their fringe ones; they would probrably be out of our reach.

Would suggest we use the transfer window now, and get an up and coming winger who needs a new challenge. The rest of the team proved last night that they can carry him until the new player has settled in.

Our team proved themselves last night that there is life after Ryan Colclough. Very very proud of them.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 11:28:15 AM »

Defo thought this myself.
He looked decent, constant threat and a strong lad.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2023, 12:29:52 PM »

If you mean Goodson, I totally agree with you. I remember someone saying on here, a while back, that he was a signing we might not see in an Alty shirt.
I think he's definitely one for the bench (at least) for now coming on for cameo sub appearances and seeing how it goes from there.
It looks like he might be a regular next season but we need someone now and I don't see Kaja as the answer.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2023, 12:37:05 PM »

We definitely need someone now - indeed, two if we can't keep hold of CCC. I'm certainly not complacent about avoiding the drop just yet.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 12:54:28 PM »

We definitely need someone now - indeed, two if we can't keep hold of CCC. I'm certainly not complacent about avoiding the drop just yet.

Totally. The points at Torquay and Halifax we let go could bite us on the arse yet.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2023, 03:59:40 PM »

See Tom Peers has scored against Chester today! 😉 😎
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team