PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The unpalatable truth
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The unpalatable truth  (Read 9287 times)

taxi Phil

The unpalatable truth
« on: March 08, 2016, 11:28:31 PM »

Tonight was a complete microcosm of the season so far. We didn't lack for effort, but as usual we couldn't cope with a big, quick, physical team. The tactics were wrong, and I cannot understand the substitution of Lawrie who was our most creative player.

It will take a miracle to keep us up, and like Colin Blunstone "I Don't Believe in Miracles".

If we go down, we'll lose players like Moult, and Rankine, who will be snapped up by National clubs. The remaining squad is full of players who aren't good enough to get us back up. I'm not naming names, but there are only four or five realistically on my retained list.

I've tried so hard to keep faith with Lee Sinnott, but he has to go. Preferably tomorrow morning. And we need a new man in who can build a promotion squad by August.

I'm afraid those of you who think we will stay up probably still believe in Santa Claus. See you at Chorley next season.

GB Alty

Re: The unpalatable truth
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:43:25 PM »

We can't compete at this level, we don't have enough investment in the club

Changing the manager won't change that

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 11:56:39 PM »

Tonight was a complete microcosm of the season so far. We didn't lack for effort, but as usual we couldn't cope with a big, quick, physical team. The tactics were wrong, and I cannot understand the substitution of Lawrie who was our most creative player.

It will take a miracle to keep us up, and like Colin Blunstone "I Don't Believe in Miracles".

If we go down, we'll lose players like Moult, and Rankine, who will be snapped up by National clubs. The remaining squad is full of players who aren't good enough to get us back up. I'm not naming names, but there are only four or five realistically on my retained list.

I've tried so hard to keep faith with Lee Sinnott, but he has to go. Preferably tomorrow morning. And we need a new man in who can build a promotion squad by August.

I'm afraid those of you who think we will stay up probably still believe in Santa Claus. See you at Chorley next season.
despite rankine having a good season he won't be snapped up by a conf national side,rest of what you said looks spot on Phil

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 12:12:53 AM »

11 games left, 1 point from safety and 1/2 games in hand isn't quite cause for complete panic just yet,is it?

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 12:14:50 AM »

Yes

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 12:17:17 AM »

still havent won after the Aldershot game I will be reallly worried.

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 12:24:14 AM »

you not worried now?

Look at the table more closely Golf Roader and maybe you will see were 4th bottom fair and square points per game

It's mindsets like yours that have enabled us to get into this mess in the first place, acceptance of sh*t
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:26:26 AM by Yangon Alty »

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 01:08:01 AM »

you not worried now?

Look at the table more closely Golf Roader and maybe you will see were 4th bottom fair and square points per game

It's mindsets like yours that have enabled us to get into this mess in the first place, acceptance of sh*t

Shut up Jamie. That's out of order. What got us into this mess is not getting bodies in when we had 12 first team players fit, not because one fan thinks all isn't lost because we aren't miles away from safety. Grow up.

brian1925

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 07:05:13 AM »

Agree with the first post in this thread 100%.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 07:18:19 AM »

Wouldn't be too surprised if they shock us all by bagging 3 points at Barrow and then the tone of ll the posts will change again :)

Unlikely I guess, as I never get a good feeling about a trip to Barrow....but this is Alty :)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 07:45:04 AM »

So with 11 games to go, 1 point (and goal difference) adrift in the relegation places and plenty to play for, we should declare ourselves already down, just focus on getting promoted next season when we havent even been relegated yet?

Thats the spirit!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 07:55:38 AM »

We knew all about this 2 years ago. We didn't or maybe couldn't bring in 6 quality players needed to keep us in the National league - and that is not taking injuries into consideration.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 08:01:47 AM »

So with 11 games to go, 1 point (and goal difference) adrift in the relegation places and plenty to play for, we should declare ourselves already down, just focus on getting promoted next season when we havent even been relegated yet?

Thats the spirit!
No, it's called planning for a probability which most limited companies do. You intimate that we should have blind faith in a possibility. That's lunacy.

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 08:40:32 AM »

Look at the teams we have to play.....we generally lose to the teams below and around us in the league...not feeling very confident at all! The team put in the effort last night but fact of the matter is that the players are just not good enough as a whole. Only a handful are the level required. Loan players needed in ASAP to save our status in the National League. Cant be arsed watching Conference North football again next season.

GB Alty

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 09:17:48 AM »

you not worried now?

Shut up Jamie. That's out of order. What got us into this mess is not getting bodies in when we had 12 first team players fit, not because one fan thinks all isn't lost because we aren't miles away from safety. Grow up.
you didn't read what I said correctly

I didn't blame any one fan. I said "mindsets like yours". Meaning this feeling that "it isn't time for complete panic" is the exact reason why we didn't get bodies in when we needed to

Our attitude to staying up this season has been lax at best, but some of us have been in complete panic about the current situation since the autumn, thing us we all should have been including those running the club and managing the team

Not enough has been done, if it comes down to money then that's why I say we can't compete at this level without investment
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The unpalatable truth