PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A bad night
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A bad night  (Read 19644 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A bad night
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 08:24:58 AM »

I'll leave aside the scaffolding/segregation issue other than to say we shouldn't pander to smacked arses away fans and the priority should always be those who pay £14 on a cold wet night to watch us, because if you're dismissive of them then one day they won't be there...

Anyway, the game, Jesus that was one of the worst in living memory. At least away at Macc we threatened a bit. I hate people who don't give credit to the oppo so I'll say that Chester were more committed, organised and were lovely on the ball but honestly we were awful.

I was very disappointed with Lee Sinnott last night. 4-5-1 has always worked well the Chester so why this desire to play 4-4-2 all the time now. They raced up the middle of the park against us at will from the minute go for Gods sake. After conceding six goals in two games (with two missed penalties) can we just him it off?

Why the hell was Rankine playing? You don't pull out of a game on Saturday because of a virus or flu and then be fit to play on a Tuesday. That's never happened. Needless to say he was yards of the pace (although he did improve later on) and all we did was lump balls towards him that Chesters 3 giant centre halves mopped up all night long.

Jonathan Margetts - this lads a lazy waste of space, didn't challenge for a header all night, gave the ball away and stood watching as Chester ran off with it, pathetic work rate. If he's being picked purely to satisfy the loan arrangement (and I don't necessarily have a problem with that principle) then it's time to rip the agreement up. We've got a striker ten times the player he is on the bench.

Reeves - I don't know if Sinnott has fallen out with him or if he's just being too clever by half but let me just say that leaving Damien on the bench for two months is proven to be a guaranteed way of being relegated. Get this lad on the pitch, ideally with Lawrie.

Hope Richman is better - O'Keefe looked very rusty.

I didn't enjoy a single part of my night from start to finish last night. The only bright spot was that Deasy wasn't sent off - can only assume ref wasn't sure whether Deasy, Holness or Heathcote clipped him - I've never seen a red card not come out on such a clear goal scoring opportunity. We were a whisker away from playing Guiseley on Saturday with a youth/reserve team keeper making his debut.

Shambolic from start to finish - on and off the pitch.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 10:45:38 AM »

Unable to get to Moss lane due to my wife being seriously ill.
All I want to say is regarding the segregation problem ( which has been a particular beef of mine over the years) is.
Same old Same old. There obviously isn't any real urgency or keenness to rectify this age old problem by the football club otherwise the club wouldn't keep doing this. The Chester fans could have easily been put in the away end behind the goal.

As passionate forumites have stated on numerous occasions  especially when we play crucial games ie 6 pointers against local opposition the club frustrate home fans by ensuring away fans are nice and cosy whilst the Alty faithful are treated like lepers.

We need to make the most of our home game advantage.

The cost to rectify this problem is virtually zero pence. Just use the away end for what its meant for. The clue is in the description ie AWAY end.

Keep letting this situation fester and one day those same passionate fans may not be there anymore.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 11:02:24 AM »

Sorry to hear your news Ray - hope things improve soon
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 11:19:38 AM »

Give Jill my love Ray....I'll be rooting for you both.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »

Thanks for that guys. It means a lot.
She starts her chemo next week

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 01:19:44 PM »

I met up with an old mate from my teens last night who I'd not seen for way over 10 years. I bumped into him at a funeral last week and was telling him how well Alty were playing at the moment (we used to go together about 25 years ago) and we agreed to go to the match together last night. He's a United supporter but a bit disillusioned with them at the moment and possibly looking for another option to follow.

Needless to say the playing didn't happen and then the fiasco with being kept out of our own second half spot on the Poplar side and ending up with a less than great position away from the main atmosphere (the singing area in between the Chester fans and the gantry was already rammed by the time we got there) and with lots of things obstructing parts of the view did nothing to sell Alty FC to him.

We did have a good old natter and a good old laugh though, which was really good. Just a shame about the football.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 01:36:36 PM »

I'll leave aside the scaffolding/segregation issue other than to say we shouldn't pander to smacked arses away fans and the priority should always be those who pay £14 on a cold wet night to watch us, because if you're dismissive of them then one day they won't be there...

Anyway, the game, Jesus that was one of the worst in living memory. At least away at Macc we threatened a bit. I hate people who don't give credit to the oppo so I'll say that Chester were more committed, organised and were lovely on the ball but honestly we were awful.

I was very disappointed with Lee Sinnott last night. 4-5-1 has always worked well the Chester so why this desire to play 4-4-2 all the time now. They raced up the middle of the park against us at will from the minute go for Gods sake. After conceding six goals in two games (with two missed penalties) can we just him it off?

Why the hell was Rankine playing? You don't pull out of a game on Saturday because of a virus or flu and then be fit to play on a Tuesday. That's never happened. Needless to say he was yards of the pace (although he did improve later on) and all we did was lump balls towards him that Chesters 3 giant centre halves mopped up all night long.

Jonathan Margetts - this lads a lazy waste of space, didn't challenge for a header all night, gave the ball away and stood watching as Chester ran off with it, pathetic work rate. If he's being picked purely to satisfy the loan arrangement (and I don't necessarily have a problem with that principle) then it's time to rip the agreement up. We've got a striker ten times the player he is on the bench.

Reeves - I don't know if Sinnott has fallen out with him or if he's just being too clever by half but let me just say that leaving Damien on the bench for two months is proven to be a guaranteed way of being relegated. Get this lad on the pitch, ideally with Lawrie.

Hope Richman is better - O'Keefe looked very rusty.

I didn't enjoy a single part of my night from start to finish last night. The only bright spot was that Deasy wasn't sent off - can only assume ref wasn't sure whether Deasy, Holness or Heathcote clipped him - I've never seen a red card not come out on such a clear goal scoring opportunity. We were a whisker away from playing Guiseley on Saturday with a youth/reserve team keeper making his debut.

Shambolic from start to finish - on and off the pitch.

Spoke to Deasy after the game.
He never touched the player.
There was no red card because their player was running away from goal.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »

Running away from an open goal!

I don't know. That might be the reason but 99% of the time a ref would have sent Deasy off regardless.

In that respect we got lucky.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 02:26:53 PM »

Running away from an open goal!

I don't know. That might be the reason but 99% of the time a ref would have sent Deasy off regardless.

In that respect we got lucky.

From where I was stood it was the most blatant dive I have ever seen and the lad should have been embarrassed when he got awarded the penalty. I think the guy who took it must have thought the same which is why he ballooned it over the bar!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 06:53:04 PM »

Can somebody please tell me why we always seem to kick off every game playing to the Golf Road end?

Surely it is more advantageous kicking to the covered Golf Road end in the second half where the covered stands enhance the sound of the supporters. We seem to start 90% of our games kicking to the Golf Road end, but I am not convinced who lose the same amount of coin tosses at the start.

I know this isn't the Old Trafford of old, but feel the atmosphere during the second half should work to our advantage playing to the Golf Road.

Any other comments?? 

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 07:03:35 PM »

Can somebody please tell me why we always seem to kick off every game playing to the Golf Road end?

Surely it is more advantageous kicking to the covered Golf Road end in the second half where the covered stands enhance the sound of the supporters. We seem to start 90% of our games kicking to the Golf Road end, but I am not convinced who lose the same amount of coin tosses at the start.

I know this isn't the Old Trafford of old, but feel the atmosphere during the second half should work to our advantage playing to the Golf Road.

Any other comments?? 

Fair point
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 07:06:11 PM »

A bad two days overall as a club. Firstly the pessimistic view of our finances (although a genuine and honest plea for help), poor team performance combined with peeving off the same fans targeted to help,  by opening the old wound of molly cuddling soft away fans at the expense of our fans - especially from a club that has treated our fans badly in the recent past. We are no longer in the 1970's when provocative away fans got a good kicking, ran off, so problem quickly solved (I am not suggesting that this was right). We all make mistakes at work and in our lives, so it is not fair to keep having a pop at those that run and help the club. We are not going to progress by infighting and slating those Alty fans/directors that give their all for this club. We are not going to get extra help if those who help get criticised and ridiculed for doing so, whether on this forum or elsewhere. We are very lucky that this club is run by fans that have the club genuinely close to their hearts, and to be fair they give their all.

The reality also is that last season we were very fortunate with injuries and fewer postponements. We have not been so lucky this season and hopefully we can weather the storm. The club has tried to solve the problem by bringing in 4 loan signings, so they are not exactly doing nothing. One season of bad luck can cripple a club for years - Leeds United is a classic example. The club does listen to fans - borrowing those covers from LCCC is an example.

We all want the best for Alty and we all get disheartened and frustrated when things don't work or we don't win games that we expect to win or draw. We all think it unfair that we play by the rules while other clubs, such as Crawley progress. Life aint fair. From some of the stupid comments on this forum, you would think that the management and team deliberately sometimes set out to fail. However there have been also some good ideas such as some recent marketing suggestions posted.

Now is the time to get behind the team and behind the club and help where you can - Come on Alty!!!!!!

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 07:10:39 PM »

Any other comments?? 
iv thought that for years because it's not a new thing

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 07:25:20 PM »

Probably the same reason both teams warm up in front of opposition fans!
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 07:34:35 PM »

Think most of the glory days in the 70s and 80s were 2nd half golf road
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A bad night