News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thoughts

Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 1472 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Thoughts
« on: April 29, 2007, 11:42:05 AM »

Having now slept on it, and it sinking in a bit now,I don't feel as despondant as I should be if my team gets relegated.

As I had mates texting me at 5 saying 'haha,your down', I just replied back to them saying 'This is the Conference.You don't get relegated until June.' Who knows what will happen over the coming weeks. It's not great to stay up on a technicallity, but something I'd accept.

Then the thought of how far we as a club have moved forward over the last 4 years. If only half of those who turned up yesterday returned for the 1st game next season against Leigh,we'll get a 900 gate.A win and we build it back up. Perhaps since we've taken so many steps forward recently, we have to move a step back before we progress further.

So gutted, but not downbeat. Keep most of this side, with a few good signings, and we should (note,not will) be aiming for the play-offs

Also,just looked at the BBC report for yesterday.Did they actually watch the game.

Altrincham meekly surrendered!!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 11:57:45 AM »

Having now slept on it, and it sinking in a bit now,I don't feel as despondant as I should be if my team gets relegated.

As I had mates texting me at 5 saying 'haha,your down', I just replied back to them saying 'This is the Conference.You don't get relegated until June.' Who knows what will happen over the coming weeks. It's not great to stay up on a technicallity, but something I'd accept.

Then the thought of how far we as a club have moved forward over the last 4 years. If only half of those who turned up yesterday returned for the 1st game next season against Leigh,we'll get a 900 gate.A win and we build it back up. Perhaps since we've taken so many steps forward recently, we have to move a step back before we progress further.

So gutted, but not downbeat. Keep most of this side, with a few good signings, and we should (note,not will) be aiming for the play-offs

Also,just looked at the BBC report for yesterday.Did they actually watch the game.

Altrincham meekly surrendered!!!

keep most of the side , well the better players, plus 2 or 3 quality additions  and we should be aiming for the title , wont be easy though.leigh prob boxing day unless witton come up
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thoughts