PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Three Depart Moss Lane
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Three Depart Moss Lane  (Read 6515 times)

markecky

Three Depart Moss Lane
« on: May 04, 2010, 09:05:29 PM »

See official site.

Macliskey - not arsed. gave him a chance but maybe people were right.  Not the best

Welchy - 50/50...worry whether he would ever be fit again

Doran - really liked this guy.  He would have come on at Alty with another season..looks like money is more important though.

Huge backward step on GH's comments that we have a Blue Square North Budget and not a Premier one.

We know its not big but thats hardly going to convince a floating fan to get a season ticket.

I thought comments like that to the outside world were a thing of the past.

ALTYGAL

Re: Three Depart Moss Lane
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:09:43 PM »

huge backward step on GH's comments that we have a Blue Square North Budget and not a Premier one.

We know its not big but thats hardly going to convince a floating fan to get a season ticket.

[/quote]
Its not a positive comment  for any incoming player either!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:17:48 PM by ALTYGAL »

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 09:17:34 PM »

In defence of GH he is being honest, publicly honest.  Setting expectations nice and early.

A shame to see Peter Doran move on, I suppose that fits in with with the budget we have to work with.  Good luck to him.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:20:49 PM »

Not shocked to see these 3 go, I wish them all the best for the future.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »

See official site.

Macliskey - not arsed. gave him a chance but maybe people were right.  Not the best

Welchy - 50/50...worry whether he would ever be fit again

Doran - really liked this guy.  He would have come on at Alty with another season..looks like money is more important though.

Huge backward step on GH's comments that we have a Blue Square North Budget and not a Premier one.

I think its more the case of we will do well if we get 14th again rather than any fans expecting us to push on to the playoffs.  These three really don't fit the bill particularly if doran wants more money, don't forget we started the season with little, johnson, crowell and kearneys wages, so two of those four gone room and some funds to replace
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 09:25:54 PM »

Good luck to all 3 in their future careers. I sincerely hope we can find the money from somewhere to strengthen the squad sufficiently to progress again next season or, at the very least, consolidate. It's absolutely imperative that we have an FA Cup run this time around.

The impact of losing £30k off the budget can't be underestimated.
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »

Good luck to all 3 in their future careers. I sincerely hope we can find the money from somewhere to strengthen the squad sufficiently to progress again next season or, at the very least, consolidate. It's absolutely imperative that we have an FA Cup run this time around.

The impact of losing £30k off the budget can't be underestimated.

simply have to agree with you.  But that's beyond our control , the board must focus on controlling what they can control and influence.

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 09:32:59 PM »

Shame to see Doran go, agree with most that Alty would have been a great platform for him - well, there's always Droylsden or Stalybridge! I'm more inclined to be positive though - the rest of the squad have indicated they will stay - that's excellent news. Poor Welchy and Mc were never really going to be fit enough. Hope we can keep Ryan Brown at left back and get a Matty Crowell sort of character in attacking mid, that will be enough I think.

david sneddon

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »

If we want a decent budget,then openly advertise for, and welcome, new/fresh investment.The closed shop approach means always relying on the same few faces.Altrincham is about as attractive as it gets football wise,considering how well the club is run.People should be encouraged to invest in this on going project.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 09:43:36 PM »

Good luck all 3 - especially Welchy who deserves some luck more than most.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 09:44:54 PM »

If we want a decent budget,then openly advertise for, and welcome, new/fresh investment.The closed shop approach means always relying on the same few faces.Altrincham is about as attractive as it gets football wise,considering how well the club is run.People should be encouraged to invest in this on going project.

Since when has our club adopted a "closed shop approach" where new investment is concerned? I bet Grahame Rowley would do cartwheels up and down his living room if the right people came along and offered to invest in our club.
Come on Alty!

bigcol

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 10:26:06 PM »

No doom and gloom here. If three have gone then it means we have 3 (or more) lined up to replace them. That excites me.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 11:03:03 PM »

McAliskey - Thanks for being a vaguely useful stop gap and good luck in your future career.

Welchy - A fully fit and regularly playing Michael Welch may have been an asset, as it was, good that his ankle is sorted and a fresh start will do him good, don't think anyone expected Robbie Williams to come in and do as well as he has.

Pete Doran - Seems he declined the terms offered, fair enough but few players have found the grass to be greener away from Moss Lane. Looked useful but had to rein himself in disciplinary wise for BSP football. To his credit he did so but unfrotunately looked about half the player as a result. Good luck at Colwyn Bay.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »

See official site.

Sorry, probably gonna get ripped to shreds again here but where does it suggest that he's leaving for monetary reasons?

Maybe he just thinks that somewhere else he'll start every game he's available for. Not everybody is motivated by money, if they were we'd not have had the benefit of Colin Little would we?

Other than that I have to agree with the rest of what's above

jimmyhank

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 11:55:21 PM »

Doran looked quite handy - not fussed about the other two.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Three Depart Moss Lane