News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a load of knowalls

Author Topic: What a load of knowalls  (Read 3278 times)

seasonticket

What a load of knowalls
« on: September 20, 2007, 05:33:18 PM »

Slagging off the Board, Players Manager or any one at the club helps no one.
Yes I have a go at all of those from time to time BUT NOT IN PUBLIC.
I am getting more pissed off by the maoners on here than by poor performances on the pitch just like a certain Mr Goodwin seems to be. I hope that it is all just frustration from all sides, but for god sake stop it. Get behind the players and hope for better results.
I dont't suppose all the people complaining about the manager's team selection and tactics will have time to read this though. After all such amazingly good potential managers will be busy filling in application forms for the job at Chelsea or maybe Northwich Vics.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What a load of knowalls
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 05:39:42 PM »

I take it that you condemn the Chairman and Manager "slagging off" the club's loyal supporters in public then?

The Manager has the answer in his own hands: just win a football match!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

teasybeaver

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 05:49:48 PM »

Slagging off the Board, Players Manager or any one at the club helps no one.
Yes I have a go at all of those from time to time BUT NOT IN PUBLIC.
I am getting more pissed off by the maoners on here than by poor performances on the pitch just like a certain Mr Goodwin seems to be. I hope that it is all just frustration from all sides, but for god sake stop it. Get behind the players and hope for better results.
I dont't suppose all the people complaining about the manager's team selection and tactics will have time to read this though. After all such amazingly good potential managers will be busy filling in application forms for the job at Chelsea or maybe Northwich Vics.

There is a time and a place and a point where things have to be said. Should we let the club think that as fans we are happy with the way things are? Or that we think that eventually these tactics will pay off? Should people pay money to see a team week in week out and just think 'I'll not say anything about how bad it is, i'll just stop going?'

Of course you have a go, its your right. You have a right to disagree with the comments, but if people pay money all their lives and devote themselves they can voice their opinion.

The fact we aren't a professional team is one thing but right now we look amateur from top to bottom!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 05:56:01 PM »

teasybeaver,

We have had a few disagreements/misunderstandings (!).....but you are spot on with your comments here.

I have just awarded you a 'Goodwin' (which, actually, is quite an ironic term to use in the present climate.....).
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Bath Alty

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 08:40:39 PM »

Whatever we think of the recent comments from the club the Goodwin / Peake karma rating is a good reminder that despite the odd remark we may not agree with on the whole we have a club board and management we wouldn't swap for many (any?) others in the conference.

Another thread someone mentions Goodwin and Connett in the same breath - that really is going far far too far.

Come on Alty - A win for my birthday would be great on Saturday!

altyf

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 08:44:55 PM »

Your right, there are clubs in danger of going bump, and weve just got a problem with our manager and performances...could be so much worse.
I am personally over the moon that we are 4th bottom with some of our performances!!

penfold

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 09:50:42 PM »

If you think about it when we have played away, many of our proformances have been quite good e.g york an Halifax. Yes some of you are going 2 say we should have won them, but those teams were fulltime, who dont have to revolve training around jobs. Where as we do therefore our perperation isnt that great. But at the moment the team isnt coming together that well, so if you ask me we need to set up training or something so we can get it right on match days. I think comunication is an issue personally thats what has cost us. At that nasty game the other nyt there goals came from comunication errors an when we made that really good move from that free kick, O'neal an Logan i think messed up on communication between them.

so once the management and the players sort these issues out i think we will be ok. An remeber there are at least 5/6 teams worse than us in the league at the moment. So for all you fans giving GH the blame its not down to him, its the team havent found the right balance yet!

tinnyalty

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 09:53:39 PM »

If you think about it when we have played away, many of our proformances have been quite good e.g york an Halifax. Yes some of you are going 2 say we should have won them, but those teams were fulltime, who dont have to revolve training around jobs. Where as we do therefore our perperation isnt that great. But at the moment the team isnt coming together that well, so if you ask me we need to set up training or something so we can get it right on match days. I think comunication is an issue personally thats what has cost us. At that nasty game the other nyt there goals came from comunication errors an when we made that really good move from that free kick, O'neal an Logan i think messed up on communication between them.

so once the management and the players sort these issues out i think we will be ok. An remeber there are at least 5/6 teams worse than us in the league at the moment. So for all you fans giving GH the blame its not down to him, its the team havent found the right balance yet!

f**k ME PENFOLD PUT YOUR GLASSES ON KIDDA An remeber there are at least 5/6 teams worse than us in the league at the moment. So for all you fans giving GH the blame its not down to him, its the team havent found the right balance yet!
[/quote]

WHO THE HELL IS WORSE THAN US AT THE MO YEP VICS STAFFORD DROYLSCUM WHO ELSE THATS 3 I COUNT  ;D

penfold

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 10:05:26 PM »

Listen hear mate. York are having a shocker, so we can finish above them, Vics there just crap, Droylsden, stafford, Farsley are going to go bust with 500 fans a week an Halifax are in trouble.

If i can count thats 6 teams who in theory we can finish above!!!! Its just a matter of time!

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 09:59:54 AM »

Penfold.

I will give £20 to Altrincham FC if you finish above us.

;D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 10:12:52 AM »

Penfold.

;D

Could we have it in advance to go towards our new striker fund?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 10:47:02 AM »

Penfold.

;D

I hope nobody at Histon suckered you into one on their board Phil.  :o

louise1925

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 11:21:15 AM »

ONLY £20!!! Now that's not showing a great deal of faith in your team Phil!!!

shefalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 11:39:52 AM »

Whatever we think of the recent comments from the club the Goodwin / Peake karma rating is a good reminder that despite the odd remark we may not agree with on the whole we have a club board and management we wouldn't swap for many (any?) others in the conference.

Another thread someone mentions Goodwin and Connett in the same breath - that really is going far far too far.

Come on Alty - A win for my birthday would be great on Saturday!

Totally agree, geoff's made one comment that has obviously upset a few, but lets remember just how much we owe him.
http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=1038.0
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a load of knowalls