PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty to Sign New Forward - TONIGHT
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alty to Sign New Forward - TONIGHT  (Read 5665 times)

Fleets

Re: Alty to Sign New Forward - TONIGHT
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 10:40:03 PM »

hope he won't be scoring against us!
[/quote]

No fear of that happening i feel! ;)

Oh dear Altrincham I feel that good old Meech is not the man to save you this season. :o

However he is a true work-horse and always gives 100% and he always gives you, well 100%. Nowt much else to say really.

Longman

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 11:50:49 PM »

Is he any good in the air?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 12:34:27 AM »

However he is a true work-horse and always gives 100% and he always gives you, well 100%. Nowt much else to say really.

Whilst I think that absolutely any footballer should do this, and it pisses me off when people talk up the likes of Alan Smith for being committed, in our case that is first and foremost. If he does that with all honesty then I can give or take him either way.

His record with FGR originaly is impressive and although I can't be bothered doing the maths his goals per game BSP wise is 1 in 6 I think.

Will he be a great BSP player for us? Possibly not.

In our beggars can't be choosers situation, will he improve at all a BSP team which got relegated by just one goal last season? I would say so.

joe

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 08:21:15 AM »

I think Meechan also plays wide right too so we may use him there and not as an out and out striker If he can cross the ball he's an improvement on what we had last season!

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 08:47:23 AM »

I think Meechan also plays wide right too so we may use him there and not as an out and out striker If he can cross the ball he's an improvement on what we had last season!

Chris Denham?

radcliffe alty

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 08:57:13 AM »

Another 'Super' Joe O' Neill?

Another attacking option and competition for a place I suppose, without having to lump a Gary Talbot or Shotton up front when things are going wrong.

joe

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 09:01:30 AM »

Chris Denham?

Denham can play wide right,left and as a central striker

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 10:31:49 AM »

I am sure he will get his chance and want to prove to us his worth...............a goal at Weymouth last April would have done nicely and maybe away at Farsley in Nov.
It's yet another option and about having the right balance of 'workers, providers and finishers' in a committed to the cause squad.

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Tommy Bass

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »

Alex Meechan has undoubted ability with an eye for goal. 'Meechs' is still only 28 and already has over 200 conferance games to his name as well as 16 first team games for Bristol City scoring 4 goals!! I am a season ticket holder for FGR and am gutted he wont be wearing our shirt nex season.

- Very sharp
- Box to box (covered more ground than any other player in 07-08)
- Great vision
- Superb organiser
- Eye for goal
- Great distribution

Needs to be managed and told to beat a player (to unselfish at times)

Great signing for you!!!!

Any true FGR fan voted for 'Meechs' in their best ever 11 - Good luck Alex!

Regards

Tommy Bass

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 09:44:36 AM »

Alex Meechan has undoubted ability with an eye for goal. 'Meechs' is still only 28 and already has over 200 conferance games to his name as well as 16 first team games for Bristol City scoring 4 goals!! I am a season ticket holder for FGR and am gutted he wont be wearing our shirt nex season.

- Very sharp
- Box to box (covered more ground than any other player in 07-08)
- Great vision
- Superb organiser
- Eye for goal
- Great distribution

Needs to be managed and told to beat a player (to unselfish at times)

Great signing for you!!!!

Any true FGR fan voted for 'Meechs' in their best ever 11 - Good luck Alex!

Regards

Tommy Bass

That's very encouraging Tommy........I think I'll get my DVD out of our ignominious final visit to The Lawn when I seem to remember he played really well as we came away with a slightly flattering 5-0 defeat!!!!!That game was definitely in my 'Top Ten worst Alty performances!!

Kind Regards to Alfie

alowette jonty allowette

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 05:14:16 PM »

Too true,.....i have to agree with Thomas, i was gutted when we let alex leave for chester as he was always a fans favourite and picked up m.o.m on numerous occassions, im sure you alty fans will take him to heart,like we all did at the lawn,.....yes he is a 100% a game work horse ....but hes got alot more to his game than that,.....his ball retention is second to none, first touch great and one of the fittest players you will see this season........good luck meeks look forward to seeing you back at the new lawn next season in the green man for a pint or two...........bring the family and perhaps we can all get up and sing "allowette jonty allowette" like the good old days after a 2v0 home win ha ha !!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty to Sign New Forward - TONIGHT