Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team thoughts if we sign the living legend Conners !!!!

Author Topic: Team thoughts if we sign the living legend Conners !!!!  (Read 2087 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 07, 2011, 05:38:52 PM »

I am trying to withdraw from ranting because I have given my opinion on Sinnott and his tactics. However I was not aware that Conners was training before the game, god we need this man. Densmore and Danylyk are very committed players but neither are natural centre midfielders. Dodd look a good player going forward,Clee better start pulling his finger out. My team if we signed Conners would be :-

Coburn

Densmore ( RB )        Hawes (CB )     Lees (CB )           Dodd ( LB )     

Lawrie ( RW )          Conners ( CM )   Lynch ( CM )         Clee (LW )           

Reeves (CF)            Redshaw (CF )

Densmore is a right back and we have nevere replaced him since he moved from that area of the pitch, he is good at overlaping and can put in a decent cross.

Flynn has gone rapidly down hill, he is slow and has a bad habit of overhitting his upfield passes, so I would put in a more energetic Lee's who has a good spring

Dodd looked promising last night, we need to get Brown out of the team, very quickly !!!

Having Conners and Lynch in midfield will not only give us energy but strength and height which is missing

Lawrie and Clee on their days are the best wingers in this division from what I have seen

Reeves and Redshaw will score goals for fun given the right service.

Jenga

Re: Team thoughts if we sign the living legend Conners !!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »

No Danylklyklkylkylk?

Toppers

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »

whats danylyk's natural possision? he's in front of densmore an lynch in my eye, cant drop him

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 06:17:21 PM »

First of all, I'd hope that if Steve Connors came back he was the same player. I'm not fussed about his 'enthusiasm' but I hope that his injuries have not diluted his effectiveness. But let's assume that he's okay.

Coburn

Densmore Hawes AFlynn Dodd/Lees

Lawrie Danylyk Connors Clee

Reeves Twiss

---

I agree that Shaun should go back to right back, we need a good one and he's not the presence in midfield we require. Going back there may help him find his mojo somewhat.

I think Lees is a bit of a liability at centre half to be honest from what I have seen, nor is he up to Densmore's standard as a right back but he did link up well with Clee in pre season (always a good indicator pre season games  :P ) I would say Dodd if he can defened which was hard to tell from last night as when he came on it didn't seem to be top of his list of priorities.

- for centre half Adam Flynn probably as we have little else. I thought he and Hawes looked okay together actually but hopefully with two more solid full backs they won't be drifting out to cover and leaving gaps for balls to be played through as they were last night.

Lawrie on the right but I hope that he isn't one of those players whose levels drop once he gets a deal as last night was one of the all time great 'non impact' performances. He barely registered in the game at all at either end.

I'd stick with Danylyk in the middle, Lynch is too cumbersome to be in their for me and I like Danylyk's pressing which I'd imagine to be more effective with Connors' mobility there (and for this reason I'd have been happy with Lawton & Connors in there)

I've gone for Twiss up front initially as a bit more of a target man to play off. For me last year Connors best work came when rampaging forward around Johnson and linking with Clee. Now Twiss isn't Johnson but i'm not sure at this minute Redshaw has that link up play, by the 2nd half last night their centre halfs were reading his runs and intercepting the ball before the pass got to him but I'm sure he'll grow into that role and score many goals for us.

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 06:52:01 PM »

Flynn has gone rapidly down hill, he is slow and has a bad habit of overhitting his upfield passes, so I would put in a more energetic Lee's who has a good spring

which flynn are you talking about?

matthew flynn seems like a decent rightback.

adam flynn looks 2 stone overweight.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 07:13:34 PM »

It is close call on Danylyk and Lynch only because of the height and strength advantage of Lynch, however Danylyk has been playing well. Lawrie was only out of the game because we went down the left so much last night.

Twiss is a big NO for me, never does anything, even as a target man he is lazy, weak and does not jump, on top of that his movement into the box is slow and as for headers????? he just doesn't score them. We have two quick wingers and once they go past Twiss he is not catching them.  Redshaw is a big talent and the defenders cut out the passes to his runs last night because they were under hit and delivered a second or so too slow plus some needed dinking over the top by that I do not mean a hoof from the back ha !!

Flynn is making mistakes for me and I worry everytime we play quick forwards. I thought our centre backs got torn apart last night and if Coburn wasn't on shot stopping form there would have been a few goals.

I agree about Dodd, we didn't have chance to see his defending qualities but anything better than Brown at the moment and he looked pacey too.

Trouty

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »

Redshaw is a big talent and the defenders cut out the passes to his runs last night because they were under hit and delivered a second or so too slow plus some needed dinking over the top by that I do not mean a hoof from the back ha !!

[/quote]
Redshaw was making some good runs last night but the ball was being played too slow and ended being played to where he had been and not to where he had run.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 07:30:14 PM »

They were good runs but the same runs, hence why the defenders were reading them and stepping in once Jack had tried to peel off their shoulder, and were intercepting them a yard or two before they reached him. That's why they looked underhit. The telegraphing of them was more of a problem.

I am trying to convinve myself about Twiss though, I don't know why.

Actually I'd be more inclined to play Lawrie up there ahead of him. Or even better ask Jim Gannon if Antonio German needs some more game time!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 07:35:11 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't understand Densmore's bizarre exile from the right back position that he made his own in a good BSP side a couple of years back.
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team