News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Corby's goal

Author Topic: Corby's goal  (Read 2065 times)

RocketDan

Corby's goal
« on: December 06, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »

The goal has been credited to Mullarkey, but I was stood behind that goal and I'm pretty sure it was an own goal by our number 5 who was trying to head it behind for a corner.

either way it was a disgustingly soft goal to concede, especially when you consider how well Coburn did to keep it at 1-0. From the ball in, they had three players queuing up at the back post and we only had one player trying to mark them all. I think Densmore needs to take some of the blame as he was stood on the edge of the box and not picking up his man.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Corby's goal
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 11:58:37 PM »

The thing is, Corby should never have had a free kick, as Chris Lynch gave it away with a completely ridiculous, unnecessary hand ball
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 12:03:49 AM »

Not sure what Lynch was doing to concede that free kick via a ridiculous handball in the first place.

Then we stood and watched whilst their right winger had all the time in the world to deliver a telling cross that led to their goal.

Outplayed by a better side and fortunate to scrape a point, to be honest.

The midfield simply evaporated in the second half and Stuart Coburn has kept us in the game.

Poor stuff.

Are they all in for a training session on Saturday, seeing as we have no game owing to yet another early exit from a cup competition?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 12:11:55 AM »

Tell you what Barry, after that showing I'd have them in on bloody Sunday as well  >:(

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 03:17:12 AM »

There were two of our players right by the guy taking the free kick, who was able to play the short pass to the unmarked no 15 who got the cross in. Very poor concentration in my view.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »

There were two of our players right by the guy taking the free kick, who was able to play the short pass to the unmarked no 15 who got the cross in. Very poor concentration in my view.

It was lazy defending. Rather than going to pick up their man they decided to be smart arses and try and stand over the ball instead. Looks 'professional' does it boys? Get a grip and do some proper defending, you can't stand over it all night. Weak.

I thought we started reasonably well but after Reeves goal the play was in our half for the rest of the game.

Although Redshaw could have won us the game with that one on one to put us 2 up shortly before their goal.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »

It was a game of poor finiishing by both sides, I do feel that had we got a second they woudn't have been so domiant and we could have relaxed a little more.

They seemed to sense blood at 1-0  with wave after wave of attack.

Full credit to them though, they were a big strong well organised unit who are above us in the league.  It's easy to see why they have only conceded 4 away from home before tonight.

The defence still needs some work and to be rid of Brown (apologies again for invidiual critisicm but he isn't good enough) however as they will only have had one session together and Satuirdays game, it may take a little longer.

The boy Dodds looked a skillful player when he came on and Stuart was immense.

In the cold light of the next day, a point gained for me after a below average performance.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »

Not sure what Lynch was doing to concede that free kick via a ridiculous handball in the first place.

Then we stood and watched whilst their right winger had all the time in the world to deliver a telling cross that led to their goal.

Outplayed by a better side and fortunate to scrape a point, to be honest.

The midfield simply evaporated in the second half and Stuart Coburn has kept us in the game.

Poor stuff.

Are they all in for a training session on Saturday, seeing as we have no game owing to yet another early exit from a cup competition?

Completly agree.

Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 07:25:55 PM »

Tell you what Barry, after that showing I'd have them in on bloody Sunday as well  >:(

There would have to be a multi million pound enquiry!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Corby's goal