https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trials
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trials  (Read 4205 times)

alty_fc_senny

Trials
« on: February 04, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »

Just wondering if Alty do trials for the first team or do you have to play for the youth team and move up through there?. Just wondering because my mate plays for United under 18s he knows 2 people who have played for Everton, City and England and they wanna start playing lower league now and move up from there, thanks

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Trials
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »

Just wondering if Alty do trials for the first team or do you have to play for the youth team and move up through there?. Just wondering because my mate plays for United under 18s he knows 2 people who have played for Everton, City and England and they wanna start playing lower league now and move up from there, thanks

I would say their best bet would be to call the club and speak to Graham. There is no right or wrong way to get noticed really.
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 09:51:36 PM »

There is currently no obvious route from the Youth Team to the first team due to us having no Reserve Team.

Without a Reserve team we currently lose all our better Youth team players to clubs who do have a reserve team many of them at a lower level.

Then we see these players in the NLP starring for other Clubs a couple of years down the line

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 10:02:23 PM »

There is currently no obvious route from the Youth Team to the first team due to us having no Reserve Team.

Without a Reserve team we currently lose all our better Youth team players to clubs who do have a reserve team many of them at a lower level.

Then we see these players in the NLP starring for other Clubs a couple of years down the line

Do you have an opinion on everything?

joe

Trials
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 10:14:32 PM »

Nothing wrong with having an opinion on everything,thats what a forum is for! On this occasion he also has a very valid point!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »

Agreed, I have been bemused by our lack of a reserve team for some time. The regular friendly games that were supposed to fill the void have stopped happening too.
Come on Alty!

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 10:56:09 PM »

do we not feed players on loan to Trafford and Radcliffe?
i'd argue that is better that a reserve team, more competitive

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 10:59:13 PM »

Which players (other than Meechan) have we loaned out recently?
Come on Alty!

joe

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 07:56:09 AM »

Which players (other than Meechan) have we loaned out recently?

Andy Ralph has turned out for Trafford in their last few matches but i think that's it.

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 08:34:12 AM »

How do we fund a reserve team? Its a big cost, Im sure we would do it if we could.

I agree with ATS that we lose out on developing youth players or giving them a path.

Would it not be better to have an official partnership with a club like Trafford where we loan players out to them instead of reserves. At least give them an option to stay at alty as they develop. Im not sure reserve football at our level is really going to develop a player.

Is it possible to have a 'tone' in a post? Im not sure but ATS's tone of post is what gets my back up a bit. It comes across like a swipe at the club, on a matter that to an extent cant be helped, surely?

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 09:09:03 AM »

Is it possible to have a 'tone' in a post? Im not sure but ATS's tone of post is what gets my back up a bit. It comes across like a swipe at the club, on a matter that to an extent cant be helped, surely?

YES IT BLOODY WELL IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A TONE - JEEZ !!!

How is that ?

;D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 01:19:07 PM »

How do we fund a reserve team? Its a big cost, Im sure we would do it if we could.

I agree with ATS that we lose out on developing youth players or giving them a path.

Would it not be better to have an official partnership with a club like Trafford where we loan players out to them instead of reserves. At least give them an option to stay at alty as they develop. Im not sure reserve football at our level is really going to develop a player.

If that's how you have chosen to interpret my post then there's nowt I can do about it. It wasn't meant (as you put it) as a swipe at the Club merely an observation on a situation.

fuertes

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »

Colin Little, one of our all-time leading goalscorers, simply rang GH and asked if Alty needed a striker. As good a way as any I'd suggest.

Narcissist

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 04:21:00 PM »

If that's how you have chosen to interpret my post then there's nowt I can do about it. It wasn't meant (as you put it) as a swipe at the Club merely an observation on a situation.

I dont like your tone!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 09:36:27 AM »

How do we fund a reserve team? Its a big cost, Im sure we would do it if we could. I agree with ATS that we lose out on developing youth players or giving them a path. Would it not be better to have an official partnership with a club like Trafford where we loan players out to them instead of reserves. At least give them an option to stay at alty as they develop. Im not sure reserve football at our level is really going to develop a player. Is it possible to have a 'tone' in a post? Im not sure but ATS's tone of post is what gets my back up a bit. It comes across like a swipe at the club, on a matter that to an extent cant be helped, surely?
I dont like your tone!

I've not been toned for thirty odd years!  ;D ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trials