Author Topic: Today  (Read 4357 times)

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
Today
« on: October 18, 2008, 06:34:17 PM »

Just got back.Very disappointed.
We were definitely second best in the first half and only really looked like competing after Johnson came on.
We were completely dominated in the midfield. Passing was poor and they pressed hard and were quicker to the second balls.

Too many times when we did get the ball the man in possesion had no options and we ended up playing a long ball in teh air which was easily dealt with.

Little and Senior may be the right combination at home but if we're going to play this way away then I think Little and Johnson are a better combination.

The run had to come to an end but I'd have hoped for a better performance. I think we made them look better than they are.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 06:47:39 PM »

We were the best just in the second half and Dale Johnson looked good,but the first half we just did not turn up at all we got skinned down there left flank time and time again.Officals were very poor,but that said we did not deserve to win
Harold

tottenham alty

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 08:01:45 PM »

Too many times when we did get the ball the man in possesion had no options and we ended up playing a long ball in teh air which was easily dealt with.

Is this because the famous 3-4-3 in fact turns into a 5-2-3 when densmore and doughty become full-backs, leving the two isolated in midfield?

I hope today will not encourage us from playing attacking football.

gunners11

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 09:08:26 PM »

i just like to say where will alty be in 2 seasons time  i think alty are stuck in non league and will never get out. we have  a chance to get to the next level and you are holding back why.we can play teams like dag and red  exeter aldershot we seriously need to challenge for the title or play offs we can do it i know alty can do it . i have seen the best of alty and they can kick ass but when they are bad they are bad so alty look at this and think alty can be in the play offs if we lost try next year.  be proud lift the alty crowd 

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

Gunner, are you some sort of Troll or do you actually mean what you say?

Sort it out son.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Butty

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 09:44:32 PM »

So you reckon the team delibrately play bad so that we don't get promoted?
Can you please bring your head out from in between your legs?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 10:50:44 PM »

I would just like to ask, where will alty be in 2 seasons time? 

For me, I think alty are stuck in non league and will never get out. We have a chance to get to the next level and you are holding back why.we can play teams like dag and red  exeter aldershot we seriously need to challenge for the title or play offs we can do it i know alty can do it . i have seen the best of alty and they can kick ass but when they are bad they are bad so alty look at this and think alty can be in the play offs if we lost try next year.  be proud lift the alty crowd 

Nope, tried to put it in English but I still can't make out what you're f**king on about. We don't all do text speak mate, I'm not expecting Pride and Prejudice off you but give us a chance man!

James Black

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 11:58:22 PM »

i just like to say where will alty be in 2 seasons time  i think alty are stuck in non league and will never get out. we have  a chance to get to the next level and you are holding back why.we can play teams like dag and red  exeter aldershot we seriously need to challenge for the title or play offs we can do it i know alty can do it . i have seen the best of alty and they can kick ass but when they are bad they are bad so alty look at this and think alty can be in the play offs if we lost try next year.  be proud lift the alty crowd 

Bloody hell i thought i said some stupid things on here but you've beaten me on this one how do you expect a part time team to win this league it's like saying the Credit Ctunch will end tomorrow it won't and nor will we get promotion this season stick to watching Arsenal.

Bath Alty

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 12:24:31 AM »

Also disappointed today.

First time I have seen Senior not play well.  He did get a kick very early on and was holding his thigh for a while - don't know if this affected him throughout?

Shows what a poor performance it was when the highlight was the comedy 4th official - JOhnson on for Little, oh no thats not right, senior on for Little , there that's better.  Summed up the quality of officating all round today.

Johnson looked good and certainly made a difference.

Agree about the ref, although he didn't get any big decisions wrong the reason we couldn't get any sort of control in the midfield was their continual jumping into the player rather than actually going for headers - for example Robbie getting knocked over leading to their second goal - incedentally I'm sure Stuart was claiming he had the ball in both hands when the forward burst through him and I think he may well have done but the ref couldn't see from where he was - not his fault he would have to have been standing goal side to see it!  I can't remember seeing a more consistently one sided ref for years.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 09:25:33 AM »

good report Bath,wish i had spotted you i would have said hi,i was stood right infront of the tea hut and ladies toilets
Harold

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 10:23:08 AM »

Is this because the famous 3-4-3 in fact turns into a 5-2-3 when densmore and doughty become full-backs, leving the two isolated in midfield?

That was the point about yesterday - we didn't play that system we've been playing in recent matches. Densmore was in central midfield, so it was a 4-3-3 and it just didn't work. Neither Doughty nor Lane looked as comfortable as conventional full-backs as they have as a wing-back and right centre-back respectively. Densmore wasn't in the game and I feel that his presence shunted Danylyk out of his favoured position and that meant he had an unusually ineffective day.

Why did we change the system that's been working so well for us? My guess is that it's that old fault of worrying too much about the opposition (and it was a response to Hollins's promise to pack the midfield) instead of about ourselves. I hope we revert to 3-4-3 for NBS.

I also felt that the substitutions in the second half never quite got the attacking balance right. Johnson was again excellent when he came on but by removing Senior, instead of one of the three central midfielders, it meant we had no threat down the right. Then when Elam was switched to the right, we had no threat down the left. Today was a day when we missed Denham.

A couple of other things - are we sure Little was flagged offside on that glaring miss at the end of the first half? I thought the linesman was just signalling a goal-kick. And I'm not sure where people are coming from with the complaints about the ref. I thought he was fine and that we could have no complaints about the second goal - it was a mix up, rather like Johnson's goal at Salisbury.

cheeky trucker

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 12:41:13 PM »

Clearly the drugs aren't working gunners ::) 

I really fear for the future of our nation if this is what the British education system is turning out.

I've read the post three times and I'm still none the wiser :-\

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 01:06:28 PM »

That was the point about yesterday - we didn't play that system we've been playing in recent matches. Densmore was in central midfield, so it was a 4-3-3 and it just didn't work. Neither Doughty nor Lane looked as comfortable as conventional full-backs as they have as a wing-back and right centre-back respectively. Densmore wasn't in the game and I feel that his presence shunted Danylyk out of his favoured position and that meant he had an unusually ineffective day.

Why did we change the system that's been working so well for us? My guess is that it's that old fault of worrying too much about the opposition (and it was a response to Hollins's promise to pack the midfield) instead of about ourselves. I hope we revert to 3-4-3 for NBS.

I also felt that the substitutions in the second half never quite got the attacking balance right. Johnson was again excellent when he came on but by removing Senior, instead of one of the three central midfielders, it meant we had no threat down the right. Then when Elam was switched to the right, we had no threat down the left. Today was a day when we missed Denham.

A couple of other things - are we sure Little was flagged offside on that glaring miss at the end of the first half? I thought the linesman was just signalling a goal-kick. And I'm not sure where people are coming from with the complaints about the ref. I thought he was fine and that we could have no complaints about the second goal - it was a mix up, rather like Johnson's goal at Salisbury.

Wise words as usual Leon.....I agree with every word of this.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 02:27:24 PM »

Lines man did flag for Offside,as soonas i saw the ball dopping for Col i gave a quick glance at the linesman and he had his flag up,but by then Col had put it over.
Harold

markecky

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 05:02:10 PM »

We changed a winning formation and worried about how they play.

We were the form team, they should have been worried about us.

Apart from Youngy hitting the bar and Little's miss, nothing else happened.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today