Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Away travel next season ... Good news for southern exiles?

Author Topic: Away travel next season ... Good news for southern exiles?  (Read 2639 times)

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile

So, assuming our survival in the BSP is confirmed, it looks like good news for us southern exiles but bad news for the majority of travelling Alty fans?

It now looks like relegated teams will be Halifax, Farsley, Stafford and Droylesden. Combined distance from Alty = approx 170 miles
The promoted teams will be Kettering, Barrow, Lewes and Eastbourne. Combined distance from Alty = approx 750 miles

And just so I don't get accused of wishing Halifax down before it's confirmed ... it would be even worse for them were they to survive.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Away travel next season ... Good news for southern exiles?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »

Living as I do in SW London its absolutely fine by me. Replace Farsley and Droylsden with Lewes and Eastbourne, Oh yes I think I'll have some of that!

Add to that a revisit to the awesome Alexandra Arms in Kettering........if it does happen its lookin' good.

PS my Peake rating is accelerating, WTF have I done now or is it still those FCUM plonkers stalking me! If someone has an issue with something just be a big boy and say why perhaps?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:22:12 PM by SW »
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

samba

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 04:27:34 PM »

Living as I do in SW London its absolutely fine by me. Replace Farsley and Droylsden with Lewes and Eastbourne, Oh yes I think I'll have some of that!

Add to that a revisit to the awesome Alexandra Arms in Kettering........if it does happen its lookin' good.

PS my Peake rating is accelerating, WTF have I done now or is it still those FCUM plonkers stalking me! If someone has an issue with something just be a big boy and say why perhaps?
My peake rating went mad the other day.  Very weird!

I become an exile this summer, so if we stay up I'll be VERY grateful.  Looking forward to experiencing some of the clubs darn sarf.

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 05:28:23 PM »

Can't we just keep Goodwins & get rid of Peakes?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 06:41:12 PM »

LONDON ALTY - ALWAYS ON THE PISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON SOUTHERN FIXTURES.

This episode has been brought to you by the letters..

L
A
G
E and R.

BBQ's in the sun and Barrow to come!

Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 07:00:36 PM »

I'll put you out of the red - have a goodwin!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Cheshire Terrier

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 07:15:19 PM »

As I said to you all last season Salisbury is my nearest game to Andover, but I have a brother that lives 8 miles from Lewes and my mum lives in Eastbourne. Eastbourne and Lewes will do very nicely. I do not know if I can put up with stress of the Salisbury game again, after being 3-0 up and only get a point.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 10:29:35 PM »

Living in Redhill my nearest is Crawley. then Woking so Lewes and Eastboune are not much further

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 10:44:31 PM »

Cheshire Terrier were you the guy myself and my mate talked to on the way out after Woking last season. We chatted along till the pub stopped us?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Cheshire Terrier

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 12:33:57 AM »

Yes  SW it was me but I forgot to ask you if you were part of the fans forum at the time. I should probably have put it on the forum as a question after I had met the two of you. I would be pleased to meet up with you guys again next season, if the reprieve is confirmed. I try to get to all of Alty's away games up as far as Kidderminster.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Away travel next season ... Good news for southern exiles?