News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team and formation - thoughts ????

Author Topic: Team and formation - thoughts ????  (Read 2654 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 10, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »

I am interested in what team and formation people would choose with current players if everyone is fit.........................

Coburn (GK)

Smith (CB)
                                             Williams (CB )                   (CB)    ?              
           Densmore ( RWB )                                                                       Doughty or  Piergiannim (LWB )

Somner (DM)

Danylyk or Lawton  (CM )    Hewson ( CM )

Denham (RF)                                                           Clee (LF)

Reeves ( CF )

I think that we play our best football with the above formation. I know Ken is probably still looking but we need another centre back because I am not getting carried away with Joseph, my opinion is that he is full of mistakes, also we could do with a box to box centre mid who can score, we always sit too deep in centre mid and invite pressure. I like Hewson because he has lots of energy and gets into the box, I feel he needs a lot of games in a row and he will become a great asset. Reeves has done really well and deserved his chance a long time ago. hopefully he has got it now. Our main problem this season is keeping Denham and Clee fit and at the same time.    Also the above formation allows the wing back to assist the wide forwards, both Densmore and Doughty are very good at this as they have good stamina to get back and cover !!!!Anyhow keep going Alty, I only said a few weeks back that we just need a bit of belief!!!  

Dougals Dad

Re: Team and formation - thoughts ????
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:31:54 PM »

We should do well with 12 players on the pitch!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 12:35:18 PM »

Dam, i couldn't get away with it. What a mistake ha ha.

Ok two centre mid's which would be Hewson, alongside Somner, Lawton or Danylyk

How stupid do I feel !!!!

bumble

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:36:05 PM »

Where's josephs! Alright I get you don't want to get carried away but ATM he should be in the team for the games

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »

Re: Joseph

I think all players go through good and bad spells and hopefully Marc has put his shaky spell firmly behind him. He can't have played in the Football League by fluke and by all accounts he's shown a marked improvement of late.

However, now Milne has departed I hope we'll be able to bring in some backup for this position. I agree about playing Densmore at right wingback and Reeves seems to have grabbed his opportunity with both hands since coming back into the team.

I don't want to get too carried away but now our confidence has been restored I think we've turned a very important corner.
Come on Alty!

Jacobs

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 12:42:45 PM »

Not sure why peopel keeping putting Doughty in the team - he is not one of our polayers. Last time I heard he was at Witton,

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 12:43:19 PM »

Joseph has done well but I just never feel confident with him in the backline but that is just my opinion and I did not watch him away at Mansfield or Rushden so maybe I shouldn't comment but its what I have seen on a whole !!! I am surprised he hasn't given away a lot of penalties, I just don't see him as a defender who can read the game !!! as always I hope he proves me wrong and at the moment he is, but for me he is just slightly better than Karl Munroe !!!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »

Doughty is still an Alty player and as my first post stated, if everyone was FIT !!!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 07:15:37 PM »

Matt no longer features on the website players page, nor is he in the squad list (however he is also not listed as a departed player either ?)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 12:15:52 AM »

Dam, i couldn't get away with it. What a mistake ha ha.

Ok two centre mid's which would be Hewson, alongside Somner, Lawton or Danylyk

How stupid do I feel !!!!

It's the classic 5-3-3 formation!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 12:18:11 AM »

Doughty is still an Alty player and as my first post stated, if everyone was FIT !!!

At the moment there doesn't appear to be any evidence that he is still an Alty player.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 04:29:18 PM »

Still hope for the arrival of an additional striker and a decent left full back.

As McKenna and Bimson filled those respective roles with aplomb during their own playing careers, they are surely well-qualified to identify the required personnel.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 07:09:28 PM »

Foz at full back tonight
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team