PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 negativity on the forum
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: negativity on the forum  (Read 5625 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
negativity on the forum
« on: August 28, 2010, 05:43:31 PM »

Its the 28th August and were 5 games into a new season.... Altrincham FC have played 4 of the fancied teams to gain promotion this season and already we have the doom and gloom merchants writing us off already..

I have missed two games this season and I will admit that we havent been at our best to say the least....

GH and Kenny Mc have had to virtually rebuild the team after all the changes in the close season and we still have two players out with long term injuries.  Plus argueably our best mid fielder has only just been given clearance to play thanks to the Aussie FA's delay in forwarding his registration forms.

Give the lads a chance to gel together, they have had precious little time to train due to the crazy Sat / Tue fixture list that the league seem to favour (probably to give the full time lot a better chance of getting a good start).

10 months ago the talk on here was about a possible play off place and us helping the club raise the funds to allow us to take part in the play offs should we have got there..

We finished 14th in the league which was a superb effort for a part time football club.

If you look at the league now, you will find Tamworth, Forest Green and Southport up there rubbing shoulders with the (so called Big Boys) of this league.   I am sure that any sane fan of those 3 clubs are not travelling home from the games tonight talking about play offs / promotion however they will be pleased at the start they have had..

My point is >>>>> Why are a quite a few of fans of Alty talking about relegation after such a difficult start to the campaign...

By the end of September you may well be on here singing the praises of the team as we are starting to consolodate our season..

All I am asking is give the team a bloody chance for God's sake... They dont want to be reading all the negative posts on here ..

Finally I realise that this is an open Forum where anybody and everybody have a perfect right to view their thoughts and I respect that and enjoy being a member of the forum..

Start worrying if we are Bottom after the Home game against FGR on 30 Nov 10

Lets get behind the lads on BH Monday when they play Mansfield

Cmon Alty....

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: negativity on the forum
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 05:54:05 PM »

When did we last win a game?
@AltyDaz

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »

3  Apr against Kiddy 3-2...

I take your point Darren

four of the last 6 games after the Kiddy game were however against York Oxford Stevenage and Luton...

We all new that August would probably be the most difficult set of fixtures for us this season

My main point is that it is too early to write the team off..

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 06:13:11 PM »

We have now gone 11 consecutive league games without a win.

That's our worst sequence since we returned to the Conference in 2005.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 06:16:02 PM »

I've always been positive on this forum, but one point from five games and, more importantly, no sign of things getting any better, is the perfect time to be negative.
We spend most of our transfer budget on strikers, and then spend  virtually all of the matches scared to cross the halfway line. It's pointless to say that we are only losing by the odd goal if there is no chance of us scoring at the other end. I would rather we at least try to give teams a game. By sitting back teams know that they can attack as much as they like and we will have nothing to throw back at them. If we can push teams back into their own half it at least gives them something to think about.

A change of approach is needed against Mansfield. I agree that we should still be OK as we have played some of the hardest games early in the season, but please give us something to look forward to on Monday!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 06:27:03 PM »

I agree that we do tend the let the better teams come on to us with the formation we play.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 06:51:46 PM »

3  Apr against Kiddy 3-2...

I take your point Darren

four of the last 6 games after the Kiddy game were however against York Oxford Stevenage and Luton...

We all new that August would probably be the most difficult set of fixtures for us this season

My main point is that it is too early to write the team off..

We should'nt even remember that game but we do! The Histon game at home last season in which we won 2-1 included. A pretty fair reason why there is negativity on the forum

VofD

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 07:09:14 PM »

Its the 28th August and were 5 games into a new season.... Altrincham FC have played 4 of the fancied teams to gain promotion this season and already we have the doom and gloom merchants writing us off already..

I have missed two games this season and I will admit that we havent been at our best to say the least....

GH and Kenny Mc have had to virtually rebuild the team after all the changes in the close season and we still have two players out with long term injuries.  Plus argueably our best mid fielder has only just been given clearance to play thanks to the Aussie FA's delay in forwarding his registration forms.

Give the lads a chance to gel together, they have had precious little time to train due to the crazy Sat / Tue fixture list that the league seem to favour (probably to give the full time lot a better chance of getting a good start).

10 months ago the talk on here was about a possible play off place and us helping the club raise the funds to allow us to take part in the play offs should we have got there..

We finished 14th in the league which was a superb effort for a part time football club.

If you look at the league now, you will find Tamworth, Forest Green and Southport up there rubbing shoulders with the (so called Big Boys) of this league.   I am sure that any sane fan of those 3 clubs are not travelling home from the games tonight talking about play offs / promotion however they will be pleased at the start they have had..

My point is >>>>> Why are a quite a few of fans of Alty talking about relegation after such a difficult start to the campaign...

By the end of September you may well be on here singing the praises of the team as we are starting to consolodate our season..

All I am asking is give the team a bloody chance for God's sake... They dont want to be reading all the negative posts on here ..

Finally I realise that this is an open Forum where anybody and everybody have a perfect right to view their thoughts and I respect that and enjoy being a member of the forum..

Start worrying if we are Bottom after the Home game against FGR on 30 Nov 10

Lets get behind the lads on BH Monday when they play Mansfield

Cmon Alty....

WHAT ABOUT THE NEGATIVITY ON THE PITCH AND THE MANAGER'S NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE STRIKERS.?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 07:27:26 PM »

There was negativity on the forum when we looked like we could push into the play off places last year so we have no chance of avoiding it now.
ParkINson's red and white army

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 07:47:28 PM »

Have u ever stood near Dennis birch lol

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 09:22:23 PM »

Have u ever stood near Dennis birch lol

Even worse.. Dennis just in front of me and his brother Dave pacing up and down behind me. ;)

traffordladz

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 10:00:06 PM »

alty will bounce back they always do we had worsier starts who agrees

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 11:28:58 PM »

alty will bounce back they always do we had worsier starts who agrees

Worsier? Interesting adjective!!!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 04:54:22 AM »

The reality is that our target in this league is to avoid relegation and that has been the case since that great day at Stoke.
Last season when we got 10 points from our first 4 games, fans got carried away with unrealistic suggestions of making the play-offs.
We started last season with games against  poor sides who on paper we should have beaten anyway, so we had points in the bag and kept away from the relegation zone. We finished the season with collecting 2 points against 6 sides against who we shouldnt expect much success. This season we started with what on pater is very difficult fixtures and have continued from where we left off last season. Last season we didnt collect many points off the teams who finished in the top half so why expect to do so without being able to strengthen the squad with quality players?
My fear for this season is that psychologically negativity breeds negativity and we may get in the relegation rut so when we play poorer sides they will raise their game and we might struggle.

Another thing to remember is the availabity of players at this level. There is more competition for players as 4 Northern clubs were added to the league at the departure of South East based clubs. The same will probably happen next season when 2 more teams come up from the BSN and Macc and Stockport come down. Finally we are not going to be able to get funds for what players are available if attendence figures follow on from that we got against Crawley. Last season at Hayes when the attendance was just over 400 (including about 100 Alty) one of their stewards passed a remark that they were looking forward to income from gates against bigger teams such as York. I suggested that they should concentrate on boosting the attendances with home support. Yesterday Hayes attendence was 320 and Crawley is only an hour away from Hayes. Somehow boosting home support is vital and understanably difficult in a negative environment.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 05:21:39 AM by RedhillAlty »

mr f.trucker

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 07:17:22 AM »

Didn't GH make a comment along the lines of we will know how we are going to perform after 6/7 games?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 negativity on the forum