News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boston lose 10 pts

Author Topic: Boston lose 10 pts  (Read 3279 times)

James Black

Boston lose 10 pts
« on: May 05, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »

Boston have lost ten valuable points the only thing is is whether they net the deadline because if they had done it before 3pm they lost them this season so finish like leeds on 36 pts but they did it later so they lose them nxt season at least thats the way i see it

Altysmiffy

Re: Boston lose 10 pts
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 09:25:11 PM »

The BBC seems to indicate that, because they did it before the game ended, they lose the points this season: If this is the case then it is a farce the rules allow them to get away with this.

There is still a chance they may not have a ground of there own next season, however. I don't know what the Conference will think of that!

altyf

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 09:52:27 PM »

UNBELIEVABLE i am astonished...i know its been said many times before but the FA rules are simply unacceptable. Some pressure needs to be seriously put on the FA to make some changes

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 09:14:51 AM »

The FA formulated a rule with a loohole which clubs have exploited.

Rapid action will now be taken to close this loophole by the dynamic force that is the FA.

I think Leeds have been punished enough by their fall into division 3 but Ken bates should not have been able to buy the club back after forming Leeds Utd 2007 Ltd.

I think Boston have been punished enough by the drop into the conference and all the problems they now have.

In fact the main theme seems to have something to do with relegation..perhaps going into admin should result in a relegation that is extra to any relegation achieved...meaning Leeds should go into div 4 and Boston should go into Conf N/S?..then maybe they'd quit doing it and there wouldn't be seen to be these getting around the rules by going into admin 5 mins before the seaason ends?

Jezza.....available as consultant to the FA.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 09:44:23 AM »

The FA formulated a rule with a loohole which clubs have exploited.

Rapid action will now be taken to close this loophole by the dynamic force that is the FA.

I think Leeds have been punished enough by their fall into division 3 but Ken bates should not have been able to buy the club back after forming Leeds Utd 2007 Ltd.

I think Boston have been punished enough by the drop into the conference and all the problems they now have.

In fact the main theme seems to have something to do with relegation..perhaps going into admin should result in a relegation that is extra to any relegation achieved...meaning Leeds should go into div 4 and Boston should go into Conf N/S?..then maybe they'd quit doing it and there wouldn't be seen to be these getting around the rules by going into admin 5 mins before the seaason ends?

Jezza.....available as consultant to the FA.

You make good sense with one or 2 minor points:

1) People should not exploit LOOHOLES; they should be used sensibly to stop blockages.
2) Leeds & Boston being relegated is not a punishment, it is just a symptom of not winning enough. Therefore, you cannot say they have, "been   
    punished  enough by their fall into division 3/Conference," cos that is not the punishement.

I think relegation outside of any "proper" relegation is a very good idea.

Good luck with your new role as FA Consultant!

Altysmiffy

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 10:20:26 AM »

And....." The Football League has written to Boston expressing 'great concern'because the CVA does not allow for paying football creditors in full – a League requirement. The League’s board of directors will meet and the club could face stricter sanctions"

Could they face stricter sanctions from the Conference if they are now out of league jurisdiction?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 11:28:24 AM »

The only way you can avoid loopholes with administration is to enforce such a club to play in the league BELOW the one they are due to play in the following season.  So, if you are relegated and then go into administration, then you are still punished.  In this case, Leeds would be in League 2 next season as opposed to League 1 as they would have been anyway.

As things stand, Leeds haven't really been punished at all because they are probably going to slash their debts but they will be in the division they would have been in anyway.  If anything, they've benefitted from the rule!  As somebody else correctly says, relegation on the pitch is a consequence, not a punishment.

The 10 point deduction is no deterrent whatsoever. Automatic relegation is the only choice.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 11:34:52 AM by Bob »

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 05:25:02 PM »

Conference board meeting on Thursday 10th May to discuss Bostons acceptance to the league and Crawley have until Friday 11th May to sort out their problems according to Sky Sports News news ticker.

Could be an interesting week people ....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 05:29:50 PM by gazwarrington »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 06:16:12 PM »

Is it me or is there a quiet bandwagon gathering pace that seems to suggest one of Boston or Crawley are not going to be allowed in/kicked out of the Conference? Well we certainly don't want to be seen as the lucky reprieve boys, no-one would shed any tears were that at Boston's expense certainly. I could of course be entirely wrong but if I were right....

Altysmiffy

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 07:13:27 PM »

I agree....

and now Crawley sack their caretaker boss. As the man himself said, what more could he have done?

What a way to run a football club, eh?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boston lose 10 pts