No
- 9 (25%)
I used to be
- 2 (5.6%)
Didn't know it existed
- 5 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Yankee Lottery  (Read 9335 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yankee Lottery
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 03:38:55 PM »

There's a lot more we could do to promote this.

When I signed up, the bank details for the club were wrong so I had phone calls from the bank. The same happened to my girlfriend years later when I convinced her to do it.

Also, the Saturday Yankee website is never updated so you don't  know whether you have won or not.

I can understand why it is isn't more popular but think it's a good idea. Maybe we just need to make it look a bit more professional?

I must agree I forgot I was signed up for a minute
Agree with this. I initially clicked on 'No' but then I realised that I am actually signed up to it, I've just heard nothing about it for ages. It would be good if we could get back to publishing the winning combos on our website - the Yankee results page hasn't been updated this season.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 03:53:40 PM »

I remember seeing some details ages ago and it baffled the heck out of me as I know nothing about horse racing and don't really want to learn, so I ignored it. Is it as simple as paying up every month by direct debit and then if you win, you get notified (i.e. I don't need to know about horse racing)?

How do you sign up?
You get allocated four numbers which represent a horse in each of the selected races each week. It is a totally random process a bit like a lucky dip, no choosing or knowledge needed, once you are in it all happens automatically.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2016, 05:03:14 PM »

Great. How do you sign up?

You get allocated four numbers which represent a horse in each of the selected races each week. It is a totally random process a bit like a lucky dip, no choosing or knowledge needed, once you are in it all happens automatically.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2016, 06:10:49 PM »

Great. How do you sign up?

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/yankform.htm
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 07:25:19 AM »

So after less than 24 hours, the poll figures show 14 potential customers, who at a pound a week could pull in over £700 a year in to the club, less any costs obviously, just for filling in a couple of forms, it's that easy. It's not a critical poll this, it's a genuine drive to get more members through the medium of the forum. Joining the Yankee via standing in order really is one of the easiest ways to support the club from anywhere in the world. I'm the worlds worst at 'getting around to things' but join today it'll take 5 minutes and a second class stamp if you live elsewhere. With the chances of winning the national lottery at 45 million to one now they've ruined it, it really is an ideal time to get the Yankee back in to the public eye. So tell all your friends about it.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 07:35:21 AM »

So after less than 24 hours, the poll figures show 14 potential customers, who at a pound a week could pull in over £700 a year in to the club, less any costs obviously, just for filling in a couple of forms, it's that easy. It's not a critical poll this, it's a genuine drive to get more members through the medium of the forum. Joining the Yankee via standing in order really is one of the easiest ways to support the club from anywhere in the world. I'm the worlds worst at 'getting around to things' but join today it'll take 5 minutes and a second class stamp if you live elsewhere. With the chances of winning the national lottery at 45 million to one now they've ruined it, it really is an ideal time to get the Yankee back in to the public eye. So tell all your friends about it.

Fair play to you, Pete, for pushing this and encouraging people to sign up. I thought i was in it, but am going to rejoin. My error.

I don't understand why something that is straightforward to sign up and pay for, and could make a chunk of money for the club, is so underpromoted and almost quietly hidden away by it.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2016, 08:06:08 AM »

Probably down to too many hats to wear and not enough people to wear them. But with it being available to do via standing order the man power is minimal, for those attending tomorrow and aren't members, try and remember to print a form off today and hand it in tomorrow, it's such an easy way for the club to make money and we must push it with such disillusionment currently with the national lottery. £4.33 a month comes out of my bank on the 1st, that's price of a pint of lager in most places these days
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yankee Lottery