PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Fan on TV
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Alty Fan on TV  (Read 7174 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty Fan on TV
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 08:43:08 AM »

Have been to many matches with him and feel some of the criticism he gets is unfair. I also remember him as a lad both attending matches and spending time in the office looking through old programmes etc . Perhaps some of the abuse he has received and i have witnessed has driven him away !!!!

That is what I was thinking. The last time I saw him I had to pacify him as he was upset after an Alty fan had a go at him. Personally I thought he was a nice bloke. As for jumping on the Alty bandwagon, well I think a lot of fans do this when I team is on a high - the trick is to keep those people as life long fans through thick and thin.

I 'jumped on the bandwagon' in 1965 coming on the bus and train from N Manc when City were away. Went 'full time' the following year and haven't looked back!  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 09:06:31 AM »

To be fair to him a few people do support  united or city as  well as alty , was he brought up around here ?

He was brought up in Alty and his dad was conductor of the Halle Orchestra around the late 70s /80s

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 09:17:01 AM »

In fairness to Loughran you could argue at times we were getting publicity through him when we weren't exactly setting the seasons alight and his profile was quite high.

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 04:46:48 PM »

Thinks must be going ok on pitch if a tedious but harmless d list celebrity has created a fairly long thread so well done team and management

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 08:05:33 PM »

Have been to many matches with him and feel some of the criticism he gets is unfair. I also remember him as a lad both attending matches and spending time in the office looking through old programmes etc . Perhaps some of the abuse he has received and i have witnessed has driven him away !!!!

I'm with gazelle here, he was a regular fixture during the late 70s early 80s, standing on the side with his mate scribbling away in notebooks. We called them the factfinders but I suppose that notetaking was useful when it came to betting.

York Alty

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 08:08:51 PM »

To be fair to him a few people do support  united or city as  well as alty , was he brought up around here ?

He was brought up in Alty and his dad was conductor of the Halle Orchestra around the late 70s /80s

...i was at school and sth trafford college with him for a while.  i can confirm he also had a go at playing the bagpipes.

thegazelle

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 08:32:12 PM »

Jim with you 100% . this freeloader sh*t is a load of rubbish . He watched us regularly as a lad so he certainly was not jumping on a band wagon and  i have seen him pay to get in and have been with him at away games . he was mortified at moss lane one day when some fans had a go at him ( including a well known guy on here) and really didnt feel he deserved the crap he was given. i dont know but i suspect during the dark days he might have helped out alot along with our newsagent friend!!!!!

markecky

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 11:56:55 PM »

Jim with you 100% . this freeloader sh*t is a load of rubbish . He watched us regularly as a lad so he certainly was not jumping on a band wagon and  i have seen him pay to get in and have been with him at away games . he was mortified at moss lane one day when some fans had a go at him ( including a well known guy on here) and really didnt feel he deserved the crap he was given. i dont know but i suspect during the dark days he might have helped out alot along with our newsagent friend!!!!!

Pete, I respect your opinions and bow to your superior knowledge on that one so I take back my ill informed "band wagon" comment.

That said, I also respect the people who stay on this ship of ours through the sh*tty times (and we have had a fair few) and do have a problem when the boardroom bulges for the "big" games with faces we haven't seen for years.

It's easy to do that, come and see us against Solihull, thats more of a challenge.

Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 12:28:22 AM »

Pete, I respect your opinions and bow to your superior knowledge on that one so I take back my ill informed "band wagon" comment.

That said, I also respect the people who stay on this ship of ours through the sh*tty times (and we have had a fair few) and do have a problem when the boardroom bulges for the "big" games with faces we haven't seen for years.

It's easy to do that, come and see us against Solihull, thats more of a challenge.

maybe if he was getting grief and abuse at matches he decided to support Alty from afar.

markecky

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 12:45:57 AM »

maybe if he was getting grief and abuse at matches he decided to support Alty from afar.

Who knows...it wasn't me who gave him grief just for the record.

thegazelle

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 06:44:17 AM »

it wasnt ecky , sorry if anyone thought it was.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 03:17:20 PM »

Whichever club he supports i thinks it's amusing that he's still seen as a betting expert when he was declared bankrupt as a result of money owed to Sporting Index.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 03:43:24 PM »

Whichever club he supports i thinks it's amusing that he's still seen as a betting expert when he was declared bankrupt as a result of money owed to Sporting Index.
he's not anymore, just tweets about sporting events doesnt tip

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 05:16:31 PM »

On the couple times I spent time with him he seemed a nice enough bloke

ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 05:52:13 PM »

My Dad (God Bless him) was a conductor - For North Western Buses back in the 40's/50's   ;) :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Fan on TV