PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 D&R Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: D&R Match Thread  (Read 14479 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
D&R Match Thread
« on: July 31, 2023, 12:20:31 PM »

Gone early i know.

Only seen yesterdays PSF so bit limited info. Also going to assume Joey Jones is available.

Ross

Banks.   Jones.   Baines.   Jones

Marriott.     Jones

Amaluzor.   Con-Clarke.   Donawa

Angus.

Alty 2-0 D&R (Con-Clarke, Amaluzor)

Full time and proud of it

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: D&R Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 04:19:59 PM »

Is Linney injured from yesterday?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 04:48:21 PM »

Is Linney injured from yesterday?

Not that im aware of
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 06:21:16 PM »

Won't happen but would like to see the below. Donawa and Amaluzor would be immense together.

Ross

Donawa.   Jones.   Baines.   Jones

Marriott.     Jones

Amaluzor.   Con-Clarke.   Kossy.

Linney

If Joey Jones isn't fit then Wilson in CM.

Still a CM short.

Subs Angus, Banks, Roscoe, Wilson, Osborne

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 06:47:11 PM »

Elliott Osborne did well yesterday, so he'll start alongside Isaac.

Longer term, if Joey Jones has fitness issues... is it time to resurrect the debate about whether Kossy can convert to a deeper midfield role? He's not getting any younger and as sharp as he's looked in pre season, he's come back from a serious injury and he's never going to have the explosive turn of pace that the Justins / Cricky have.

Would probably give away some silly fouls, but from a ball retention point of view I doubt it could be much worse than what Elliott showed us last season.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2023, 08:12:04 PM »

Longer term, if Joey Jones has fitness issues... is it time to resurrect the debate about whether Kossy can convert to a deeper midfield role? He's not getting any younger and as sharp as he's looked in pre season, he's come back from a serious injury and he's never going to have the explosive turn of pace that the Justins / Cricky have.

Would probably give away some silly fouls, but from a ball retention point of view I doubt it could be much worse than what Elliott showed us last season.

Kossy in midfield would be a bad idea.
He wouldn't have the legs for it.
He and Marriot would be the smallest CM in the league.
My main concern about losing Lundstram, is we could play with just two in there, comfortably, as they covered so much ground. Very fit players.
Both Lundstram and Marriott could drive us forward. Elliott hasn't got that ability,very much side to side, short passes.
I am hoping Joey Jones gets himself fit, but I just have a bad gut feeling he will be injured a lot.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2023, 08:48:14 PM »

The way the pre season has concluded, I’m sure PP & Sorvs know the team they want to start with on Sat.

I do fancy us to have a good go of it on Saturday. D&R are no mugs but I do fancy us to win by the odd goal.

Looking forward to it

2-1 Alty
Att 1977

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2023, 11:01:28 PM »

My heart says am going for 3-0 Alty, but my head says 1-1 draw for 1st game, 2196 attendance.

Always liked Roxette!!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 09:26:21 AM »

My main concern about losing Lundstram, is we could play with just two in there, comfortably, as they covered so much ground. Very fit players.
Both Lundstram and Marriott could drive us forward. Elliott hasn't got that ability,very much side to side, short passes.
I am hoping Joey Jones gets himself fit, but I just have a bad gut feeling he will be injured a lot.

If he's not got the legs for central midfield, then surely it stands that he wouldn't have the legs for left wing - where he's almost certain to start on Saturday? There's plenty of examples of players dropping into deeper roles later in their careers, e.g. Giggs - in fact, Ben Pringle did it for us too.

For me, he'll still have the stamina but not the turn of pace to make a difference in going past people like he uaed to be able to. Having spent time out together he'd partner well with Isaac too.

We probably also need his sh*thousery in the middle of the park to diffuse some games.

Just a thought, but I'm sure Parky would agree with you on it.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 09:41:39 AM »

If he's not got the legs for central midfield, then surely it stands that he wouldn't have the legs for left wing - where he's almost certain to start on Saturday? There's plenty of examples of players dropping into deeper roles later in their careers, e.g. Giggs - in fact, Ben Pringle did it for us too.

For me, he'll still have the stamina but not the turn of pace to make a difference in going past people like he uaed to be able to. Having spent time out together he'd partner well with Isaac too.

We probably also need his sh*thousery in the middle of the park to diffuse some games.

I get what he's saying. Midfielders cover the most ground, wingers have short bursts of pace

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023, 11:39:33 AM »

How's the pitch bearing up? It's wet out.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2023, 12:22:31 PM »

I get what he's saying. Midfielders cover the most ground, wingers have short bursts of pace

As stated above, CM will cover a lot more ground. Steady running over distance, as also mentioned, wingers do short bursts, which will suit Kossy more.

Just hoping Jones will be fit enough to start.

I haven't seen any pre season. Are we confident Banks has stepped up in the last two games? It has sounded like he has over the radio.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2023, 06:19:59 PM »

Kossy can't do defensive midfield as he prospers best when given a freer role ie number ten or wide up front (imho!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2023, 09:43:03 PM »

How about a midfield diamond :

Osborne or Joey Jones
             Kosylo.                                     Marriott
                                Conn-Clarke

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2023, 09:56:41 PM »

All I've seen from Kossy is someone who loves to run at goal. "All" is used loosely
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 D&R Match Thread