News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blimey, it's started already

Author Topic: Blimey, it's started already  (Read 3842 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 09, 2012, 11:48:54 AM »

This guy is Leeds based, and has taken FGR up from the minor leagues, both him and peake gone inside a month? I'd be very nervous

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18322491

markecky

Re: Blimey, it's started already
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:05:15 PM »

Another money man disposing of the old guard so he can do things unchallenged.

Been said before but this smacks of Maunders circa 1994 when he sacked every volunteer at Alty and replaced them with paid people so he could tell them what to do with the fear of being sacked.

Those days don't get much talk on here..

I bet ATS can tell us some stories on this but does anyone remember the ex City Head Steward he employed that used to watch the fans with binoculars from the hut on the pop side.  Pete Hennerley used to go mad!

markecky

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 12:07:03 PM »

I got a letter address to Mr N Ecksol addressed to my next door neighbour telling me I was no longer needed as a yankee agaent.

So much goodwill was lost during that time..

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 12:19:27 PM »

I got a letter address to Mr N Ecksol addressed to my next door neighbour telling me I was no longer needed as a yankee agaent.

Putting aside how disgraceful it was to do that, it is actually quite an amusing story purely for how ridiculously badly spelt your name was!

I didn't realise a lot of the stuff that went on in that era behind the scenes.
Come on Alty!

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »

This guy is Leeds based, and has taken FGR up from the minor leagues, both him and peake gone inside a month? I'd be very nervous

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18322491

Maybe he missed the burgers and meat pies!

markecky

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 01:40:59 PM »

Putting aside how disgraceful it was to do that, it is actually quite an amusing story purely for how ridiculously badly spelt your name was!

I didn't realise a lot of the stuff that went on in that era behind the scenes.

It was sent by our new secretary, Barbara Maunders.

So Barbara, what was it that first attracted you to the millionaire John Maunders..

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 01:32:18 AM »

Ecky I remember those, thankfully few, months very clearly, I was a steward at the time. I hated that delegation that came in, the guy from city and his cronies as well. It is not much discussed on here because they are times all of us wish to forget. They were all the anti-thesis of what the club stands for now. I was so, so much happier when Phil took the roll of head steward back again. I know it was not an entitlement for me to watch any parts of the games as a volunteer or paid. I do clearly remember some of the fans in the Golf Road end shouting F/O with your bins you perv, it used to cheer me up.

I hated the guy who was 2nd in command, and used to send me round the back to the entrances under the main stand to steward, a pointless exercise, he used to take great delight when he caught me trying to watch odd spells of the game, through a small gap round the side for the back of the main stand. Totally unnecessary over-control of our club by those cronies of Maunders. When he first arrived, like so many of us I saw it as a breath of fresh air. How that turned sour eventually.

The club is under fine control now, with the Geoff Goodwin/Graham Rowley years, and is the envy of loads of other clubs and fans, with it's closeness to the supporters, players, board and management, of which I might add, I am very proud to be a part of as I am sure you all are.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 04:37:11 PM »

Ecky I remember those, thankfully few, months very clearly, I was a steward at the time. I hated that delegation that came in, the guy from city and his cronies as well. It is not much discussed on here because they are times all of us wish to forget. They were all the anti-thesis of what the club stands for now. I was so, so much happier when Phil took the roll of head steward back again. I know it was not an entitlement for me to watch any parts of the games as a volunteer or paid. I do clearly remember some of the fans in the Golf Road end shouting F/O with your bins you perv, it used to cheer me up.

I hated the guy who was 2nd in command, and used to send me round the back to the entrances under the main stand to steward, a pointless exercise, he used to take great delight when he caught me trying to watch odd spells of the game, through a small gap round the side for the back of the main stand. Totally unnecessary over-control of our club by those cronies of Maunders. When he first arrived, like so many of us I saw it as a breath of fresh air. How that turned sour eventually.

The club is under fine control now, with the Geoff Goodwin/Graham Rowley years, and is the envy of loads of other clubs and fans, with it's closeness to the supporters, players, board and management, of which I might add, I am very proud to be a part of as I am sure you all are.

And so say all of us!!

Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »

And so say all of us!!

Yes indeed
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team