News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The club that wouldn't die

Author Topic: The club that wouldn't die  (Read 2040 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The club that wouldn't die
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 11:04:40 AM »

Or of course you could pay the appropriate wages on 1,000 or so crowds and see where it gets you Pyramid-wise Not complicated really.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:05:10 PM »

They need not worry..........only a few more days before North West tonight do a full news item feature on their plight......show the daft milk advert......and before you know it Manchester United or Liverpool send down their first team for a friendly...... >:(

There will certainly be no mention of paying wages to match the clubs income available from what is a potentially small catchment with Burnley and Blackburn on the doorstep
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:07:01 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 12:27:45 PM »

The most classless bunch of knobs I've ever encountered. I'd normally be gutted for the fans at a club where this is happening, but they deserve everything they get. I would actually laugh out loud if they went bust.
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 12:39:33 PM »

The classic and inevitable does the town not want a football club speech....oh well just put the dead club where no-one will remember them along with all the others......

They should rename this bunch of classless knobs the club they couldn't keep alive.....and keeps dying....

I'd maintain my class as well and stifle my giggles....

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 03:16:12 PM »

"The plan has not worked, however, with average attendances now at their ‘worst ever’ levels, putting the club in a perilous position."  Worst ever levels?  Waht, lower than when they were playing parks football after reforming in 1968?

Also there is a trend here:  Founder Members of football League Accrington resigned from the League when relegated to Division 2 in 1893, went bust 1896
The original Accrington Stanley resigned from the football league Division 4 in the middle of the season (leading scorer in last full season Jackie Swindells) before going bust in 1966

So the statement "This town does not deserve a football league club" has been proven twice already.  They are going for the hat trick.

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 08:56:08 PM »

"The plan has not worked, however, with average attendances now at their ‘worst ever’ levels, putting the club in a perilous position."  Worst ever levels?  Waht, lower than when they were playing parks football after reforming in 1968?

Also there is a trend here:  Founder Members of football League Accrington resigned from the League when relegated to Division 2 in 1893, went bust 1896
The original Accrington Stanley resigned from the football league Division 4 in the middle of the season (leading scorer in last full season Jackie Swindells) before going bust in 1966

So the statement "This town does not deserve a football league club" has been proven twice already.  They are going for the hat trick.

Indeed, "going down for the third time".

Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 10:25:06 PM »

A few years ago I worked in Padiham with an Accie fan for a short while - in fairness he was a decent chap - but he did admit that the club was run very badly; not least their administration!

joe

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 01:24:48 PM »

I never like seeing clubs go bump but I'd love them to go down this season then down again to what I see as their level where their crowds will level out to about 500.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The club that wouldn't die