News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blimey!

Author Topic: Blimey!  (Read 1745 times)

Jacko

Blimey!
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »

wrexham fan in my office reckons the owners have made a plea to the fans today to pay the money the club owes!

They've got up the bsp on merit on the field but it doesnt look like they have off it,

looks like they might be the first team to actually play in the play-offs and the agm cup? can that happen??
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:59:18 PM by Jacko »

fuertes

Re: Blimey!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:22:29 PM »

wrexham fan in my office reckons the owners have made a plea to the fans today to pay the money the club owes!

They've got up the bsp on merit on the field but it doesnt look like they have off it,

looks like they might be the first team to actually play in the play-offs and the agm cup? can that happen??

It'll be very interesting to see what happens. As I understand it, the Wrexham Supporters' Trust has the cash to pay the tax bill. However, they're unwilling to hand it over to the club given the way it is being run and the suspicions concerning the intentions of the owners and their ability (or lack thereof) to run the club properly.

It seems like Moss, or whoever is calling the shots at Wrexham, is playing a game of brinkmanship with the Supporters' Trust. That is, "pay our tax bill or the club will die/drop down several leagues".

Personally I think they'd do far better to start again a la Chester. The only problem, and it's a big one, is that their ground probably wouldn't be available.

All things considered, it's a mess. For all our woes this season, I'd sooner be in our position than theirs.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:31:16 PM »

We shouldnt be in the relegation places,its poor that wrexham and kidderminster are pushing for promotion yet 3 solvent clubs (us, southport and eastbourne) are on our way out of the league in the other direction. And whats more,why are players from flixton being offered "trial weeks" at kidderminster rather than doing a tuesday and a thursday with us, i.e in the same town,jesus we even train at the soccer dome some weeks,you can see it from valley road....

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 10:00:22 PM »

I don't think they would want to start again, as Chester did. A new Welsh club would have to start in the Welsh pyramid!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 11:46:17 PM »

See main site. Election candidate has offered to lend the club the £200K. Political in-fighting appears to be breaking out as a result.

This one could run and run !

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 11:56:21 PM »

See main site. Election candidate has offered to lend the club the £200K. Political in-fighting appears to be breaking out as a result.

Buying votes?

I wonder if JM offered £200k to Irvine Meadow she would win her election to the Scottish Parliament?

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 12:31:16 AM »

Buying votes?

I wonder if JM offered £200k to Irvine Meadow she would win her election to the Scottish Parliament?
£1.33, a used nappy, and a badly thumbed A-Z of Edinburgh......
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blimey!