News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I still say we were right to go full time

Author Topic: I still say we were right to go full time  (Read 2099 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 01, 2023, 12:07:08 AM »

Yes, the loss of seven players made this season difficult, and we have had to rely on loan players, but we remain in a good league position, and we are in a position to make further progress next season if these players are enough to keep us up - and I see no reason why they shouldn't be. I remember a trophy (or cup?) match at Tamworth, and they had a really fast winger on loan from Millwall who ran us ragged and was too much for Gary Scott (or whoever it was), and inevitably eventually set up a goal to knock us out, and I thought, why can't we get players like that? Well now we have with the likes of CCC, and hopefully the new loan players can do similar. Take the positives and don't panic. The board have clearly done their best to keep Toby and Ryan, and no doubt have done their best to get good replacements. Negativity is not going to help us (though obviously people will want to ask questions - board members are available at most games if anyone really wants to know the reasoning). Let's continue support the team and thus give us the best chance of getting something positive from the season. That's what I'll be doing on Saturday anyway.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I still say we were right to go full time
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 09:38:13 AM »

We were absolutely right to go full-time when we did - the Board wouldn't have done it lightly, and a lot of clubs have failed where we look to have weathered it.

In the Summer we should have a decent war chest to push on again - but I do think it might make for uncomfortable viewing this next couple of months or so.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 10:09:04 AM »

I'm as disappointed as anyone to lose our best players but if some of the stuff on here was to be believed then we're sitting on a mountain of cash doing nothing, not trying to keep players, or sign new ones. When we look at the progress here over the last few years do people seriously believe that it's true?

2,000 against a team with next to no away support on a weekend in January when city and United were home was a ridiculous crowd. We have lots to play for, interest in the club has never been higher, the same management in the boardroom and dugout have made this club the strongest it's been for over 30 years. I'm not pretending everything is rosy, it isn't, but some of the hysteria is unbelievable.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 10:22:04 AM »

I'm as disappointed as anyone to lose our best players but if some of the stuff on here was to be believed then we're sitting on a mountain of cash doing nothing, not trying to keep players, or sign new ones. When we look at the progress here over the last few years do people seriously believe that it's true?

2,000 against a team with next to no away support on a weekend in January when city and United were home was a ridiculous crowd. We have lots to play for, interest in the club has never been higher, the same management in the boardroom and dugout have made this club the strongest it's been for over 30 years. I'm not pretending everything is rosy, it isn't, but some of the hysteria is unbelievable.

Strongest finances in 20 years, but the fan experience is at its lowest, fan engaement is at its lowest and weve sols 2 fan-loved signings.

Let's not pretend this is all okay. A big 6 months ahead.
It's all my fault.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 10:23:44 AM »

Strongest finances in 20 years, but the fan experience is at its lowest, fan engaement is at its lowest and weve sols 2 fan-loved signings.

Agreed, it's not all ok and I made that clear. If the fan experience is so poor why are the crowds higher than ever? Just curious to know.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 10:30:12 AM »

Agreed, it's not all ok and I made that clear. If the fan experience is so poor why are the crowds higher than ever? Just curious to know.

Not sure I'd go as far as saying fan experience is at its lowest but non league crowds in general have risen a lot recently

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 02:53:59 PM »

Manchester Giants have said the same. Wider fanbase, but not as deep.

Id say 50% of our fans dont think about our result beyond 6pm. Maybe even more. We've proper apathy.
It's all my fault.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2023, 03:48:10 PM »

tosh,
i think about our results and a defeat hurts
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2023, 04:15:42 PM »

We're all like that on here.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2023, 04:54:38 PM »

tosh,
i think about our results and a defeat hurts

But we're a minority.
It's all my fault.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team