PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Smallest away followings.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Smallest away followings.  (Read 6928 times)

thegazelle

Re: Smallest away followings.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 07:19:57 AM »

i was there that night at Barrow . had to get a lift of the team coach home as there were no trains back to manchester. and i didnt know any one to get a lift off.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 12:50:33 PM »

Can't have been many at the St Francis game in Dublin in 2000 (I think). 3-3 draw. Last minute Landon making it 3-2 in the 89th only for St Francis to equalise in injury time.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:46:19 PM by Uncle Globnasty »
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

JDN

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 09:37:07 PM »

We had 23 stood up at Torquay on valentines day a few years back, that included my missus and jimmys missus who were there for the valentines weekend in Torquay..... Had we had prior knowledge of the team we were to put out that dat We would have gone Paris instead  

The Tuesday night game the year before I recall we took about 3 times that number. We can't have ever played a midweek game further from Alty I'd assume.
yes I had a week in Devon for it

My first meeting with Baldrick, I think I had bought him a drink before even meeting him in Newton Abbot
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:40:36 PM by Kitchen Floor »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 09:50:56 PM »

There was 77 on the away terrace that Tuesday night, added to the smattering sat down, it was an excellent turn out for such an occasion

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 09:52:14 PM »

A very enjoyable midweek trip plenty of ale and a decent draw

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 09:56:31 PM »

We've played at Dover on a Tuesday also, after the initial game was postponed due to snow, 4 of us had already arrived on the Friday evening and were told by the ticket bloke at Dover priory station that it was off already. Only game in the country that day to go ahead was reading v man united in the FA cup, pools panel gave us an away win.

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 09:58:03 PM »

We had 23 stood up at Torquay on valentines day a few years back, that included my missus and jimmys missus who were there for the valentines weekend in Torquay..... Had we had prior knowledge of the team we were to put out that dat We would have gone Paris instead  
In them days I didn't miss any I also hate Paris

The Tuesday night game the year before I recall we took about 3 times that number. We can't have ever played a midweek game further from Alty I'd assume.

My first meeting with Baldrick, I think I had bought him a drink before even meeting him in Newton Abbot

arnald

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 09:59:57 PM »

In them days I didn't miss any I also hate Paris

yep jim lad then we went on the razz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »

Could have won it in the 2nd half, there was even a discotheque open on the Tuesday evening with it being a resort, although in Feb, and we had Exeter away on the Saturday also, kitchen floor stayed Devon based for both fixtures

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 10:09:40 PM »

Those were the days big van

arnald

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 10:38:01 PM »

Those were the days big van
  this forum helps us jim , we will never give up x

JDN

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 01:50:32 PM »

We've played at Dover on a Tuesday also, after the initial game was postponed due to snow, 4 of us had already arrived on the Friday evening and were told by the ticket bloke at Dover priory station that it was off already. Only game in the country that day to go ahead was reading v man united in the FA cup, pools panel gave us an away win.
did you go Folkestone that night - but not get in anywhere except a pub that smelt of dogs?

JDN

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 01:53:28 PM »

Could have won it in the 2nd half, there was even a discotheque open on the Tuesday evening with it being a resort, although in Feb, and we had Exeter away on the Saturday also, kitchen floor stayed Devon based for both fixtures
true Brixham, Paignton, Newton Abbott, Dawlish, Exmouth - i did the lot!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »

I remember going to Barrow for an FA Trophey replay, we lost, Jeff Wealands in goal for Barrow. There was only a handfull of Alty fans there.

I think amongst the 5,000 plus crowd you may just have missed them keeping their heads down as Cult says.

I remember my dad driving a minbus to that game.

joe

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »

did you go Folkestone that night - but not get in anywhere except a pub that smelt of dogs?

We celebrated the pools panel decision in the pub like we'd actually won the match!!
Correct on the trip to Folkestone,everyone thought we were military despite looking like the most unlikely army foursome ever!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Smallest away followings.