PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ridiculous
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ridiculous  (Read 6946 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ridiculous
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 05:44:12 PM »

Totally agree with this post
GH shoud walk away from the managment role,he is a legend but that does not mean he is irreplacable.
There would be dozens of better managers for the job but i dont think KMc is the right man,we need someone to freshen the place up with new ideas,someone young and enthusiastic (the opposite of our current managment structure),the writing was on the wall in pre season with the players that left or who were released and the load of rubbish we brought in,which is down to GH and KMC,we could see the players were not good enough but the people who are getting paid for this couldnt,thanks for everythin but time for a change.....NOW

i would be happy with k mc on his own worth a shot

bigcol

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 06:00:15 PM »

Welch was at the back today. Dunno where that came from.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 06:02:13 PM »

The report on the Official site indicated that we pushed him forward

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 06:02:25 PM »

If Graham goes it will be because we need a completely fresh outlook, and someone in charge who can look at our squad and assess quickly what needs to be done to optimise it on a shoestring budget. Much as I like Kenny, he can't posibly do that. And unfortunately there AREN'T "dozens of managers" out there who could handle what is a massive challenge - even if they had the bottle to try.

We have to face a large number of unpleasant truths (and you all know I've tried my damnedest to be positive till now).

We can't spend big money on a manager, nor can we offer anyone a significant budget.
Our present manager is an amazing guy who's done wonders for us - but he's lost the plot, and everybody knows his tactics inside out.
The squad is threadbare, and patently lacking an edge in fitness.
Our better players would probably accept a decent offer to move when the window opens again (I'm particularly thinking Smith, Williams, and Denham).
Our older players wouldn't get another gig at this level (Lawton, Coburn, Joseph).
Players we've brought in aren't good enough (Twiss, Joseph again, McCready, McCarthy, Holmes).

I think it's got to be a young manager looking to up his profile, and in charge of a club at a lower grade who are currently doing well. He could possibly bring some promising players along with him.

Unfortunately, it's all a massive ask. I'm afraid I've now resigned myself to Blue Square North for a couple of seasons while we rebuild. It won't be pretty, and it's going to be a long winter.

BUT WE AS FANS HAVE GOT TO STICK BY THIS CLUB THROUGH THICK AND THIN. KEEP THE FAITH !

joe

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »

If Graham goes it will be because we need a completely fresh outlook, and someone in charge who can look at our squad and assess quickly what needs to be done to optimise it on a shoestring budget. Much as I like Kenny, he can't posibly do that. And unfortunately there AREN'T "dozens of managers" out there who could handle what is a massive challenge - even if they had the bottle to try.

We have to face a large number of unpleasant truths (and you all know I've tried my damnedest to be positive till now).

We can't spend big money on a manager, nor can we offer anyone a significant budget.
Our present manager is an amazing guy who's done wonders for us - but he's lost the plot, and everybody knows his tactics inside out.
The squad is threadbare, and patently lacking an edge in fitness.
Our better players would probably accept a decent offer to move when the window opens again (I'm particularly thinking Smith, Williams, and Denham).
Our older players wouldn't get another gig at this level (Lawton, Coburn, Joseph).
Players we've brought in aren't good enough (Twiss, Joseph again, McCready, McCarthy, Holmes).

I think it's got to be a young manager looking to up his profile, and in charge of a club at a lower grade who are currently doing well. He could possibly bring some promising players along with him.

Unfortunately, it's all a massive ask. I'm afraid I've now resigned myself to Blue Square North for a couple of seasons while we rebuild. It won't be pretty, and it's going to be a long winter.

BUT WE AS FANS HAVE GOT TO STICK BY THIS CLUB THROUGH THICK AND THIN. KEEP THE FAITH !

Exactly my thoughts!

dino

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »

we can stay up with the current squad. by and large its good enough. we just need the leadership change, and a bright young manager willing to be FULL TIME of a club with great history.

he must go this weekend ,to give us a chance at Eastbourne next week

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 07:01:47 PM »

I don;t think we should speculate about the board. They have done and continue to do a great job and I would want nothing to change.

With all due respect, something obviously needs to change. Graham is a good manager but is the kind who goes a bit over the top when something bad happens e.g. our current run of form. All I will say is fair play to Graham for what he has done for the club over the years, but the fact is we need a new manager. Graham even said at the fans forum sometimes players need to hear a different voice and at this moment in time, that is definately the case

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2010, 07:06:08 PM »

Welch was at the back today. Dunno where that came from.

The simpleton from Northwich looked at the team formation on Sky. They had Ryan Brown at the right of defence as well....

dino

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2010, 07:07:57 PM »

"its easy to promote mediocrity,but if you only do what you have always done,you will only get what you already have"

this is where the club is now

Altrinchman

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 09:50:34 PM »

gaz... we may need to run the club as asupporters trust.that would also be quite positive

I was with you until you came out with this.That is the last thing we need or have the people to run

AltyIan

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 10:10:42 PM »

gaz... we may need to run the club as asupporters trust.that would also be quite positive

I was with you until you came out with this.That is the last thing we need or have the people to run

Does not work. Look at Stockport.

Jacko

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 10:38:46 PM »

we can stay up with the current squad. by and large its good enough. we just need the leadership change, and a bright young manager willing to be FULL TIME of a club with great history.

he must go this weekend ,to give us a chance at Eastbourne next week

its not good enough dino, we have mostly bsn standard players
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ridiculous