PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Charming...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Charming...  (Read 4652 times)

RocketDan

Re: Charming...
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 08:49:03 PM »

casual racism....a shocking thing.

to be fair we must be the only club in the league without any black players or fans.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »

You can't just go accusing people of racism! It's absolutely disgraceful and the mod on their forum should be on top of things like that.
Come on Alty!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 09:02:42 PM »

Yes we currently do not have any black players, we have previously, it really is about picking up the best players locally to suit the team.
Accusations of racism are quite frankly offensive, they can be black, white , green, yellow or pink as far as I care provided they do a decent job for the team.

As for fans, many people from ethnic minorities are reluctant to attend games due to racism. Perhaps if all people generally were more tolerant this thread would not exist.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 09:07:26 PM »

We do have black and asian fans

markecky

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 09:11:45 PM »

We do have black and asian fans

Can that be the last word on that part of the thread please.  Altrincham welcomes fans of all creeds and colours and have no problems with racism at all.

Bath Alty

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 10:18:58 PM »

In the spirit of highlighting non-offensive H & Y fans hopelessness here is a quote from the programme on saturday.  They have a Superfan profile of Chris Gunn.  I promise you I haven't made this up!

"Why support United? A club with really good support and players who want to win for the fans"  - There were 401 there on Saturday including us!

"How many games do you normally get to in a season? 5-6 home games and 1-2 away games" - This is a "Superfan" no wonder the attendance is so low ;D

Did no one at the club realise that this makes them look like complete muppets!

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 10:41:13 PM »

In the spirit of highlighting non-offensive H & Y fans hopelessness here is a quote from the programme on saturday.  They have a Superfan profile of Chris Gunn.  I promise you I haven't made this up!

"Why support United? A club with really good support and players who want to win for the fans"  - There were 401 there on Saturday including us!

"How many games do you normally get to in a season? 5-6 home games and 1-2 away games" - This is a "Superfan" no wonder the attendance is so low ;D

Did no one at the club realise that this makes them look like complete muppets!
I think it is also important to mention the last CD he bought was "The best of Boyz II Men".
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 08:18:23 PM »

It was nice to be back amongst people from up-North again though. That familiar smell of piss an febreze

Back to the more important issue, from what I gather from the adverts fabreze removes smells and has no odour, if this is not true we should be told.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 08:28:21 PM »

To be totally fair one prat posted that, no one else from H&Y. Forget it, not worth the bother.

Nice social club in the old house outside, big old traditional non-league ground, lack of toilets and the on's they had had no wash basins!

Enjoyable day out and ta for the you Tube highlights.

Chrissy, get your last touch control in gear mate for tomorrow, top man for acknowledging it with the shirt thing though. The hat trick you deserved will come.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Charming...