PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty V Vics on Setanta!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alty V Vics on Setanta!  (Read 4889 times)

markecky

Alty V Vics on Setanta!
« on: December 04, 2008, 07:58:29 PM »

New Years day...3pm

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty V Vics on Setanta!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 08:18:38 PM »

New Years day...3pm

Where you got this info from Mark?
@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 08:37:55 PM »

New Years day...3pm

Where you got this info from Mark?

It scrolled across the screen on tonites live setanta match, a bit like this below

UPCOMING LIVE GAMES ON SETANTA SPORTS Jan 1st Altrincham v The BSP's annual embaressement  3pm SS1

alty28

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 08:39:06 PM »

its been mentioned b4 on the mansfield oxford game on setanta.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 08:39:35 PM »

Ok taken from Vxcs forum

For those of you who can't make the game, you can always recreate that "special" Moss Lane atmosphere by buying a few crumbling steps from B&Q, standing on them and have your other half chant "we all p!ss in a green and white pot" monotonously from the other end of the garden.
@AltyDaz

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 08:49:40 PM »

Ok taken from Vxcs forum

For those of you who can't make the game, you can always recreate that "special" Moss Lane atmosphere by buying a few crumbling steps from B&Q, standing on them and have your other half chant "we all p!ss in a green and white pot" monotonously from the other end of the garden.

I admit I laughed at that  :D

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 08:52:15 PM »

Ok taken from Vxcs forum

I admit I laughed at that  :D

The Alty fans reply is funnier  :D :D

Or you could recreate the Northwich experience by inviting 590 spastics to stand silently in your house whilst not paying your leccy bill or morgage thus leaving you in the dark, with your home in the hands of your creditors, whilst you seek cheaper rented accomodated as quickly as possible,and could complete the whole scenario by marrying your neighbour just get a roof over your head,and bringing in the decorators and gardeners from 250 miles away to spruce the place up before moving into a new marital home together happy as one xx

markecky

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 09:04:34 PM »

That must have been written by one of Alty's funniest fans....<a href="http://www.nextgenbluetoothmarketing.co.uk>:)[/url]

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 09:10:47 PM »

Fantastic more money from Setanta plus we get to embarrass the Green and White sh*te on The Telly

Little CamVic

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 09:36:10 PM »

Ok taken from Vxcs forum

Yeah, that was me again!  :-[

Seriously though. Really glad this game is on. You may or may not embarrass us on live telly (my guess is not) but either way I think this is a more significant fixture than most of the dross Setanta dishes up. Also one of those rare games that the attendance shouldn't be affected by the live coverage so the "compensation" money is all profit for both teams.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 10:01:11 PM »

It's great it's on telly, just need to find a boozer in central London that will show it! Amazed there showing us, do Stevenage/Torquay/Oxford not have a game on that day then? It's a proper traditonal derby though and probably the oldest and most long standing rivalry in the Conference, Setanta showing a bit of respect for non league heritage, whatever next?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »

Games involving Histon, FGR, Barrow, Torquay and Kidderminster have been postponed

crossie

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 10:45:10 PM »

We are on the TV twice in the space of 2 weeks, nice bit of cash there for us! We probably won't be on again all season but hey!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 08:44:36 AM »

It's great it's on telly, just need to find a boozer in central London that will show it! Amazed there showing us, do Stevenage/Torquay/Oxford not have a game on that day then? It's a proper traditonal derby though and probably the oldest and most long standing rivalry in the Conference, Setanta showing a bit of respect for non league heritage, whatever next?

Yes indeed, SLA. A surreal day in prospect for us London boys. It seems like the Conference is the only league that has a New Year's Day ficture programme, so I reckon we should be OK. I'm just thankful the game at our place hasn't also been moved to midday. But then we have competent stewarding of course.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 10:19:47 AM »

Yes indeed, SLA. A surreal day in prospect for us London boys. It seems like the Conference is the only league that has a New Year's Day ficture programme, so I reckon we should be OK. I'm just thankful the game at our place hasn't also been moved to midday. But then we have competent stewarding of course.

i believe i will be back in london by then, can someone keep me informed?
 it will be hard finding a pub that will show it, and just as hard getting there....
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty V Vics on Setanta!