News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What I don't understand

Author Topic: What I don't understand  (Read 2993 times)

andrewflynn

What I don't understand
« on: November 30, 2013, 05:58:16 PM »

Anyone who was at Shawe View for our FA Cup game with Trafford, and stuck around for the final whistle, will remember our captain coming over to the fans to voice this opinion.

When Shaun came over his words were: "I understand but it isn't a question of passion, the lads come out here to win and it just wasn't good enough today."

Now I agreed with him then,and I like Shaun Densmore as a player and a captain, but for the team to come out against similar opposition and (seemingly) put in the same performance of abjectness is pathetic. As captain, and after showing willingness to voice his opinion in the heat of the moment to fans, I'd expect him to get this team motivated for a game alike to that one against Trafford.

I wasn't there and perhaps we didn't play as bad as I've been told. I know they're top of their league. I just find that incredibly frustrating.

markecky

Re: What I don't understand
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 05:59:54 PM »

In my opinion I didn't see a lack of passion today, just poor play.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 06:01:21 PM »

I'd say lack of appropriate personnel to complete the task myself.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 06:03:19 PM »

The first eleven is good enough to win this league. 

Whilst your bench will never be as good unless you have unlimited funds it has to at least be OK to be called upon.  It's not and it will cost us (even more ) if we don't sort it.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 06:03:49 PM »

I didn't see a lack of passion in the Trafford game either, mate. I actually made a post saying as much. My point here is that if Shaun was so upset by those claims after the Trafford game, he'd be doing everything in his power as captain to ensure we beat a similar team and prove that point to the fans.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 06:05:24 PM »

And just to show what a wierd and whacky world we live in Brackley who rested key players at Leek the other night went to Colwyn Bay today and could only draw. Top five all on 32 points now.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 06:05:55 PM »

Oh for a new Kingy, can you imagine these type of results with someone like him involved? Get someone like that in Lee, even if not as talented, we need that driving force on the pitch.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 06:07:38 PM »

I didn't see a lack of passion in the Trafford game either, mate. I actually made a post saying as much. My point here is that if Shaun was so upset by those claims after the Trafford game, he'd be doing everything in his power as captain to ensure we beat a similar team and prove that point to the fans.

To be fair to Shaun, at times today he was our best defender and midfielder at the same time.  It's frustrating mate it really is.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »

To be fair to Shaun, at times today he was our best defender and midfielder at the same time.  It's frustrating mate it really is.

That's why I never like saying too much on games I don't go too. Its far too easy for someone to come on here and start having a go at this, that and the other.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 07:09:45 PM »

We were not lacking in passion today just gave ball away to easily , we played better that at Trafford IMO , but credit to Leek ,after all they beat Brackley in last round .

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »

I do sometimes wonder why I watch the cup games against lower division sides........lately it almost always ruins the weekend  >:(
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »

Densmore was probably our best player. It shows when he's making runs through the left side of the sodding park. He was fuming when they scored their 2nd. I'd rather not berate current squad players but enough is enough, some are stealing a living and we've had it before with players like Twiss. 

Wank day .. In a cup game ... Again

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 10:17:28 PM »

We were not lacking in passion today just gave ball away to easily , we played better that at Trafford IMO , but credit to Leek ,after all they beat Brackley in last round .
I have to agree with this. Leek looked a better side than Trafford in my opinion, and we were easy meat despite our best efforts. See my comment elsewhere re the absence of Nicky Clee. We offered little threat down the left hand side all afternoon.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What I don't understand