PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Youth Cup Thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FA Youth Cup Thread  (Read 4355 times)

markecky

Re: FA Youth Cup Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 10:35:51 PM »

*Runs around the room with shirt over head celebrating before doing a klinnsman dive onto the sofa...*

We had a great little youth scheme going before EPPP and relegation forced it to shut down, these are the last lot for now.

Shaun Brisley, Elliott Hewitt and Nick Blackman are all relatively recent graduates who are playing in the Championship this season.

Yeah, like you have a sofa.

MTFC_1874

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »

You're right about Blackman in League one - Brisley however plays for Peterborough and Hewitt for Ipswich.

Went to the game tonight, good attendance considering England were playing, the weather was dire and nobody really cares about games like these. Deserved win for Macc but a very good goal from the Alty lad.

Silkyman23

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 10:38:46 PM »

Ok, I'd forgotten about Sheffield U not being at that level.

We sold Hewitt to Ipswich for a deal up to £500k in the summer and Brisley went to Peterborough for about £300k in January.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 10:44:20 PM »

Ok, I'd forgotten about Sheffield U not being at that level.

We sold Hewitt to Ipswich for a deal up to £500k in the summer and Brisley went to Peterborough for about £300k in January.

flash your money elsewhere son, really not interested.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 12:19:55 AM »

This Bezzina fella sounds useful, seems to be banging them in.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 06:22:43 AM »

*Runs around the room with shirt over head celebrating before doing a klinnsman dive onto the sofa...*

We had a great little youth scheme going before EPPP and relegation forced it to shut down, these are the last lot for now.

Shaun Brisley, Elliott Hewitt and Nick Blackman are all relatively recent graduates who are playing in the Championship this season.

Yeah, like you have a sofa.
Sheepskin covers....................

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 08:37:05 AM »

has a vision of silkyman running out of front door into the rain into his front yard and diving onto his sofa which is still there from the summer...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 10:10:08 AM »

Though it pains me to admit it, the better side did win.

Splendid goal from Adam Bezzina though.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »

Though it pains me to admit it, the better side did win.

Splendid goal from Adam Bezzina though.

Their senior team isn't doing too badly either.  Both Macc and Hereford look to have reacted well to relegation into the Conference.  Luton and Wrexham will have a say about things no doubt but to see them sheep shaggers bouncing straight back up would be galling. 

fuertes

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 01:27:26 PM »

Macc are throwing everything at bouncing back straight away. One-year deals to lots of good, proven Conference players. They claim it's financed by parachute payments and transfer fees (although there are strong rumours King has gone over budget already).

Personally I think it's utter madness to throw everything at one crack at promotion in a league where only 1 out of 24 goes up automatically.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 01:32:25 PM »

Macc are throwing everything at bouncing back straight away. One-year deals to lots of good, proven Conference players. They claim it's financed by parachute payments and transfer fees (although there are strong rumours King has gone over budget already).

Personally I think it's utter madness to throw everything at one crack at promotion in a league where only 1 out of 24 goes up automatically.

I wouldnt say no to Matthew Barnes-Homer myself

Hamilton

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 01:41:39 PM »

Totally agree!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Youth Cup Thread