PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: James Smith  (Read 10038 times)

taxi Phil

Re: James Smith
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 11:20:50 PM »

If I understand  Rule E3 correctly, where racist comments are involved, the "normal" punishment will be doubled for a first offence, and trebled for a subsequent offence.

If James's two match ban was "normal", he can expect a further two match ban by that yardstick.

If we look at County FA rules at amateur level however, James's original offence could attract a ban of up to 112 days, and THAT could be doubled ! I'm not sure what powers the FA have to load the punishment higher, but it definitely worries me.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 11:39:31 PM »

I believe (and I'm not posting with any degree of authority here) that in the case of a supplementary charge the options available to the FA are unlimited

So anything from being warned as to future conduct to a sine die ban

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 12:24:23 AM »

Don't inspire confidence do it ?

Alex

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 03:32:52 AM »

Innocent till proven guilty anyone? Oh no wait this is the alty fourm to the wolves....

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 08:05:56 AM »

This quote from Kenny is interesting, from www.altrinchamfc.com

"It's complicated. the [Kidderminster] lad has had a go at James and he's retaliated and said something to him... I know James and he isn't racist in any way, shape or form. If he's found guilty he will just have to accept his punishment as there is no room for racism in the game at all".

I am not sure what to make of it ... If he's innocent then why would he have to 'accept' his punishment if found guilty and we lose him for games?

Graham

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 08:45:15 AM »

Innocent till proven guilty anyone?

Seem to remember that wasn't the line taken by you lot when Stuart Elliott was in a similar position a few years back.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »

If the ref heard something of that nature (and obviously he did as he apparently put it in his report) I cannot think that an official however good, bad or indifferent a game he had would report something like that if it didnt occur.

It will be interesting to see what the outcome of all of this is....

Is verbal abuse worse than Physical violence?

Butty

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 09:54:46 AM »

If the Kidderminster lad has said anything, could there be any chance for a counter charge? At the end of the day, abuse is abuse and shouldn't be tolerated (in this day in age anyway).

Jezza

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 12:41:48 PM »

I'm gonna sit back on this one, let the process take it's course and await the outcome.

Only the individuals concerned know what happened or what they heard or what they said and why and I don't feel comfortable saying what if this happened or what if this is the outcome.

gloucesterharrier

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 02:03:05 PM »

Afternoon chaps,

It will be an interesting outcome.  Having been at the game, it was a interesting sequence of events that led up to Smith's sending off - Matt & Smith were clearly having words with each other and were seperated, from what I could see it looked like the ref was about to produce a yellow card, but then very quickly produced a red card - I assume that whatever Smith said, was after the initial incident/

What I think is important to add was the reaction of your players was admirable.  One player in particular possibly Marc Joseph had a word with Jamille Matt, and looked like he was apologising/offering him some support.

Lots of things are said in the heat of the moment.  If guilty, I hope he learns from his mistake.

Good luck for the rest of this season - you were very unlucky not to get something at Aggborough.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 03:59:33 PM »

Thanks forthat, Gloucesterharrier.
What will be, will be.
We will just have to accept that.
Lets hope you get all your problems sorted out soon as well.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »

very good post .

Jacko

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 04:11:53 PM »

what do we expect, a large percentage of footballers are foulmouthed and abusive always have been, from the grass roots to the world cup final, ie zidane vs materazzi, unfortunatly that includes racial remarks etc,if they (fifa) really wanted to stop this referee's should have the power to send off a player for any remark or gesture that is offensive toward anyone involved in the game, even if it means a red every five minutes so be it.  

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 04:17:24 PM »

I have never heard \ seen Wayne Rooney swear at a ref after a decision. I find it hard to believe that players young and old act this way when they have such a good role model...

One sending off .. That's all it'll take ... Just one ...

Jacko

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 04:19:24 PM »

I have never heard \ seen Wayne Rooney swear at a ref after a decision. I find it hard to believe that players young and old act this way when they have such a good role model...

One sending off .. That's all it'll take ... Just one ...
im sure they will become surplus to requirements from the manager if they got a red card two games in a row!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith