PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Three Depart Moss Lane
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Three Depart Moss Lane  (Read 6513 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Three Depart Moss Lane
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 10:50:56 AM »

The big positive about this is that the rest of the squad had commited themselves. I fully expected to lose or more of Densmore, Williams , Smith and Kearney. To keep them all is a bonus! One more striker who can get goals a bit more regularly than Dale will to take the strain off Senior and we'll be OK.

Feel a lot more easy in my mind about next year now! Come on you Supers!.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 12:59:38 PM »

I liked Doran, a good midfielder who slotted in well. I  hoped he would stay, it would have done his career the world of good.

Especially in these financial uncertain times, there are going to be many more established players being released by bigger clubs, it will filter down with players struggling to get a gig for next season.

He's 21. And already has 8 clubs on his cv. He's played for Altrincham, Welshpool, Burscough FC, GAP Connah's Quay, Caernarfon Town, Leigh RMI, Wallsall, Worcester City

JonnyKeen

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 01:09:50 PM »

Good luck to all of them Doran seemed a very good prospect but was a bit of a loose cannon. A shame about Welch.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 06:21:35 PM »

Of those three released players, only Welch (when fit) is truly of BSP standard.

Doran started OK but his performances deteriorated with each game, possibly for the reasons already outlined by Ballers.
He did seem to be driving our management team to distraction at times during the closing matches of the season at Moss Lane, too.

McAliskey made Josh Mitten look mobile.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RocketDan

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »

Now McAilsky has gone we can afford to get Peter Thomson back.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 11:03:19 PM »

In defence of GH he is being honest, publicly honest.  Setting expectations nice and early.

A shame to see Peter Doran move on, I suppose that fits in with with the budget we have to work with.  Good luck to him.
Yes I think GH is being very open about the situation.........although he has maybe said it a few weeks too soon.
If he reads this forum, he won't have missed some of the many comments from quite a number of regular posters on here about 'pushing on next season and making the play-offs' etc. With our budget and level of support, that is just an expectation too far and he is just getting in there early and making a point as YorkAlty has said above.
14th has been a great achievement and we have punched above our weight, however (with some justification) our form going in to the end of the season was not good.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RocketDan

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 11:21:43 PM »

McAlisky signs for Nantwich
Welch signs for Barrow
Doran signs for Fleetwood

York Alty

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 11:26:07 PM »

Doran...Fleetwood...cash.  Yeah - I can see that working out pay wise for him.

Doubt he'll get as well treated there though.  We are a very professional club off the pitch.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 11:55:45 PM »

Doubt he'll get as well treated there though.  We are a very professional club off the pitch.

Again I ask, at the risk of being villified, where is there any suggestion that his motives are financial?

Players want to play regularly and maybe he thought he'd be spending more time on his arse either on the bench or in the stand, than he would on the pitch if he stayed at ML

Everyone isn't Leroy Chambers (allegedly)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 12:31:04 AM »

Again I ask, at the risk of being villified, where is there any suggestion that his motives are financial?

Players want to play regularly and maybe he thought he'd be spending more time on his arse either on the bench or in the stand, than he would on the pitch if he stayed at ML

It might not be for more cash, but if it is, then how can anyone judge without knowing the facts. Peter Doran is a young man, does anybody on here know his personal circumstances ? What if he is a low earner out of football and earns say £100 week at Alty. What should he do if another club offers him 12months @ £250 week ?

Heres hoping another company in another town offers me more money to go and work for them next year.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bighairedmike

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 01:43:26 AM »

Heathcote hopes the rest of his squad will remain intact and is refusing to blame Doran for turning down terms. He said: 'Peter was offered the same money he was already on, as were the rest of the players. There were no increases. But he felt it wasn't enough."

Taken from the end of Mr Heathcote's interview on the main website...

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 08:34:14 AM »

Doran is definately heading to Fleetwood and the reasons for his leave are that he was unhappy playing centre mid for us and therefore is going to be playing at right back which is his preferred position at fleetwood. He is also wanting to progress in full time football and therefore opted to move from alty.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »

Heathcote hopes the rest of his squad will remain intact and is refusing to blame Doran for turning down terms. He said: 'Peter was offered the same money he was already on, as were the rest of the players. There were no increases. But he felt it wasn't enough."

Taken from the end of Mr Heathcote's interview on the main website...

Fair enough - I obviously didn't read down to the bottom

JonnyKeen

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 10:54:31 PM »

McAlisky signs for Nantwich

I made myself look a right plum! I wished Mcaliskey luck in his new career at Nantwhich and he said he hadn't signed for them and had in fact never heard of them!  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Three Depart Moss Lane