News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The fresh imputus required

Author Topic: The fresh imputus required  (Read 3015 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 06, 2010, 09:17:23 AM »

See main site: Who on here is NOT in the saturday yankee? For me the yankee is greatly undersold,although it has to compete with the other lotteries,it should be better sold.Until such time that solid investment is found for the club,schemes like this are the life blood of the club.A fresh advertising and canvessing campaign would be a start,we need as many alty fans local or distant to get on the pound a week standing order,its so easy and painless yet can make such a difference.

ArmchairAlty

Re: The fresh imputus required
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 09:25:38 AM »

Good point, I've been meaning to join for a while... will print off the form now!

Foz

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:59:36 AM »

The Yankee is a valuable fund raiser for the club, it is well worth entering, and would encourage everyone who is not in it to do so.

We had a recruitment drive a year ago for it, and at the same time tried to do the same for the patrons club and the monthly draw.

All these schemes are still running/ being run again. The money the club receive from all these schemes is extremely valuable. If anyone can join any of these schemes it would a good start to the fresh impetus!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:01:47 AM »

The club should get people to write out forms and offer to do the rest i.e. Get the forms into the persons bank by post once they hand them back to the club,whats the cost of a 1st class stamp? The club should be chasing down every non subscriiber and encouraging them to join

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Yankee forms
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 11:03:19 AM »

I'm in but can we make it easier for people to join? I don't know if it can be done but could a word document for a standing order form be put on the web site so people can fill it in and email it back to the club? Also do we know how many people are currently in the Saturday Yankee.?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 11:36:20 AM »

Do the wealthy parents of all the junior team players enter the yankee,or even know it exsists? The same for those that come to the games as guests of sponsors? Are yankee forms and explainations of what it is placed at their tables? Im not so much talking about the guy whos paid for table of ten,but what about targetting his 9 mates/employees to join up whilst the alty experience is still fresh in their minds?

Foz

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »

It is actually on the website in the fund raising schemes section. I accept it is not immediately visible though.

The link for the Yankee is http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/yankform.htm

The link for the monthly draw is http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/friends.htm and the link from it to the standing order form http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/friendsafc.rtf.

If anyone wants to send the forms to the club, The club will happily send them off to the banks in question.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 11:47:55 AM »

I'm in it and I get a seem to win £30 at least once a year....

As Hughsey says..its vastly underadvertised though.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »

We should definitely all do what we can afford to do in order to help the club financially.

BUT:

There is only a finite amount of cash we, as fans, can afford to spend. It's imperative that we try to find ways of bringing in money from outside the same old circle of people.

As stated on other threads, some people are struggling to even get season tickets or to get to as many games as they would like.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 12:43:07 PM »

Another 300 people in the lottery,which is not an unachieavable amount would make a huge diffrerence,i bet there is more than that who attend every home game and know little or nothing about the yankee

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 01:58:19 PM »

It is actually on the website in the fund raising schemes section. I accept it is not immediately visible though.

The link for the Yankee is http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/yankform.htm

The link for the monthly draw is http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/friends.htm and the link from it to the standing order form http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/friendsafc.rtf.

If anyone wants to send the forms to the club, The club will happily send them off to the banks in question.

Foz, can this be done electronically. i.e can people fill in the form and email it to the club. who then send it off. People very rarely print things off and get an envelope and go out and post them now, if it could be done via email I reckon I could get 3 or 4 people to join. Surely the banks would just ring up and check with the customer and then it would be fine?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 08:45:06 PM »

I've set up direct debits via the telephone. All you need is to also post the terms and conditions too. You will then get a confirmation letter with a cooling off cancellation information entailed.

Might be an idea to use the clubs contacts at City or Utd, I'm sure they have systems in place?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

ALTYGAL

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »

Def needs big drive on this. I'm a patron but not in Yankee, it's really not pushed enough.

There is nothing on the tables in sponsors lounge, they get asked to do golden goal and guess the attendance.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 09:58:59 PM »

To be fair when I was in the lounge at the last game they did do a fund raiser at half time with a "guess the ice cream flavour" comp.

That is about as original an idea as you can get!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team