Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 so 2 days after reprieve do we know if the funds are there to bring in players?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: so 2 days after reprieve do we know if the funds are there to bring in players?  (Read 3917 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Geoff and graham have made statements that we need to improve , obviously no transfer fees but what about increased budget ?

Alty365

I wouldn't have thought it will be much bigger than last year, but certain factors such as increased attendances and (probable) increases in entrance prices may allow for a slightly higher playing budget.

What will be interesting to see is whether there is a slight re-think on the players to be retained. Up until now the club has been planning for Blue Square North, but given our reprieve maybe there will have to be a slight change of tact when deciding which players stay or go.

That is for the management to decide and I'm sure they will have had a "plan B" for this sort of occurance. We'll see in a few weeks as the friendlies get underway.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Hmm, first of all, whoa there. There's a board meeting tomorrow when all this will be discussed.

AFAIK, the wages budget is set largely along the lines of the previous seasons average attendance (last season 1149, about 90 up on the previous season). Now whilst this would've been shelved in the BSNorth it would probably go back to this. So assuming an average price of say £7.50 a head, x 90 = £675, £337.50 per week, one good player or one ok player and abit left over I'd say.

These things are far too technical and probably wrong anyway. What I would say is that with Bowler and Thompson gone, their contract money wil free up anything between £250-£450 a week for players I would've thought.  ???

Jezza

BSN or BSP I think we are unchanged with the recurring need for a left back and a right winger criticial and hopefully a good solid target man to put the ball in the onion bag at the end of the day.
We're a part time team playing full time teams needing 110% effort for 95 minutes and cliches just won't help us.

Alty365

BSN or BSP I think we are unchanged with the recurring need for a left back and a right winger criticial and hopefully a good solid target man to put the ball in the onion bag at the end of the day.
We're a part time team playing full time teams needing 110% effort for 95 minutes and cliches just won't help us.

I disagree regarding the target man. I think a winger is of far greater importance as we already have men capable of putting chances away if they get decent service. I felt our crossing was poor last season and we didn't cause enough problems for keepers/defences.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

2 full backs and a wide midfielder imo

Jezza

If we're putting crossses in we surely need a Marcus hallows figure to knock it down for Colin to bicycle kick it in?
I did say the left back and right winger first and then if there's anything left in the kitty a big target guy...and some cat food.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

If we're putting crossses in we surely need a Marcus hallows figure to knock it down for Colin to bicycle kick it in?
I did say the left back and right winger first and then if there's anything left in the kitty a big target guy...and some cat food.

you happy with aspinnal or scott at right back ?

Jezza

I used to argue vehemently that Scotty was better than As, what the hell was the 'cote playing at I used to cry?

The just as I felt I was winning the argument and the cote put Scotty in ahead of Asa I changed my mind and was really impressed with Asa....does the c'ote know what he's doing? I asked irritatingly.

So I'm happy yes with Asa and Scotty as back up.

Definetly think we've got bigger problems at left back.

We also need an experienced 45 yr old centre half to help develope our youth prospect Talbos.

What the hell lets get a new right back and a left back thenw e can all love each other.

louise1925

Correct me if I am wrong, but we were doing ok last season until Senior got injured. It even looked like we might get into the top half at one point! In the last matches we badly missed Senior's pace on the wing. A quick winger is what we need, two would be wonderful. The trouble is, we can debate these things until we are blue in the face. I'm sure GH knows perfectly well that we lack pace - but, it is difficult to attract these much-coveted players to Moss Lane on our budget. It was only a few years ago that a good winger called Denning (I think) chose Stalybridge over us and now he's at Droylsden. What chance of Senior ending up there too? Anyway, here's to hoping Pottsy gets fit, Senior stays and we unearth a gem from our youth team.

Bath Alty

I would be quite pleased with 60 points next year - should see us safe with a bit to spare, starting to make some progress into mid table comfort.

9 points more than this year should be achievable without too much change to the playing squad if we can avoid the injury crisis we had before Christmas this time round.  The squad we have this time picked up 3 points at Morecombe & Stevenage so we can compete on our day against anyone.

Replace Bowler and Thompson with good signings and I don't think we will be too far off.  The quality coming up doesn't look as good as the teams going down this time.  I have every confidence that we'll be fine.

(Just found my glasses may have a slightly rosey tint but I'm still in a good mood from Saturaday!)

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Correct me if I am wrong, but we were doing ok last season until Senior got injured. It even looked like we might get into the top half at one point! In the last matches we badly missed Senior's pace on the wing. A quick winger is what we need, two would be wonderful. The trouble is, we can debate these things until we are blue in the face. I'm sure GH knows perfectly well that we lack pace - but, it is difficult to attract these much-coveted players to Moss Lane on our budget. It was only a few years ago that a good winger called Denning (I think) chose Stalybridge over us and now he's at Droylsden. What chance of Senior ending up there too? Anyway, here's to hoping Pottsy gets fit, Senior stays and we unearth a gem from our youth team.

Absolutely agree here about Senior.   If we had not lost him v Exeter I think we would have stayed up with him in the team for the last few games, he would, I think, definitely have helped us come up with one extra point.   Hope he stays now.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Agreed. Pace and bit more 'devil' in creative situations will be the key for us next year.

Winning an away game in the league before mid March would be nice as well. That big fat 0 in away wins for most of last season really put pressure on us.

altyf

Winning an away game in the league before mid March would be nice as well. That big fat 0 in away wins for most of last season really put pressure on us.

but how sweet was it to then win at WEYMOUTH, STEVENAGE MORECAMBE AND 5-1 AT ST ALBANS. Actually finished with a decent away record hilariously. But yes you obviously cant deny that it would be nice to improve on the away record.

teasybeaver

Think we need 4 players at least.

Creativity would be nice, someone to attract attention other than Little. Senior would be perfect plus another midfielder/winger and 2 full backs. That would free up Peyton to work in midfield, possibly Tinson would be an ideal signing, wouldnt mind seeing him in the middle with munroe and rose at right back.

Dont think things will take shape until july 1st when a few more players are without contracts. More and more pro's are looking at going part-time and we're the best placed part-time club in the country so we should attract a bit of class!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 so 2 days after reprieve do we know if the funds are there to bring in players?