PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FOOTY AT MOSS-LANE .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: FOOTY AT MOSS-LANE .  (Read 9689 times)

Jenga

Re: FOOTY AT MOSS-LANE .
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 04:43:20 PM »

A winter break is a necessity if this club is ever going to move forward.  ::)

Robins Retweet

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 05:00:26 PM »

precisely  :D

Robins Retweet

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »

BTW Rangers are thinking of joining the conference  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 06:29:39 PM »

precisely  :D

How would it work?  When would it be? How long for?

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 06:32:51 PM »

Stupid idea. If you want to watch a game  in the summer you can try tennis. No supporter of the winter break can answer the all important questions - i.e. starting when and for how long, therefore this is a stupid idea.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 06:43:24 PM »

Stupid idea. If you want to watch a game  in the summer you can try tennis. No supporter of the winter break can answer the all important questions - i.e. starting when and for how long, therefore this is a stupid idea.
Though if Sepp Blatter has his way the football season would run from March to October in every league in the world.
They really should be beating teams like us

Robins Retweet

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 06:55:05 PM »

Though if Sepp Blatter has his way the football season would run from March to October in every league in the world.
im not talking about proffesional football, its more the non league game that i think needs to be looked at, where they dont have the resourses to deal with adverse conditions, you should at least admit it is a little bit of a farce when we have a game away at histon on the 29th december, how many miles away? That time of year! Its just not right, why cant matches be planned better by the bsn?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 07:01:58 PM »

Sick as I am of this rerepeated theme, no league or leagues could implement something like a winter break without it going completely through the FA system. How otherwise would the cascade of AGMs work and the formal ratification of promotions and relegations. It just isn.t a starter, never mind the vagaries of the UK weather.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 07:06:24 PM »

Sick as I am of this rerepeated theme, no league or leagues could implement something like a winter break without it going completely through the FA system. How otherwise would the cascade of AGMs work and the formal ratification of promotions and relegations. It just isn.t a starter, never mind the vagaries of the UK weather.

Got it in one. How logistically can you have a winter break in just one part of the pyramid? How would it work? When would it be? How long for?

Robins Retweet

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 07:24:50 PM »

Got it in one. How logistically can you have a winter break in just one part of the pyramid? How would it work? When would it be? How long for?
exactly, look im the biggest wind up merchant bar non but.. i believe the fixtures that are set to be played are a little misplaced to say the least, i know the winter break is a dream that sounds wild but putting fixtures on dates where you can get decent exposure from the public isnt a bad start dont u agree?

Robins Retweet

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 07:34:33 PM »

Sick as I am of this rerepeated theme, no league or leagues could implement somethting like a winter break without it going completely through the FA system. How otherwise would the cascade of AGMs work and the formal ratification of promotions and relegations. It just isn.t a starter, never mind the vagaries of the UK weather.

on this basis how did the germans do it so well? There game is so much more healthier financially becuase of a common sense structure all the way to the top, and the national team players must gain from the winter break too, didnt capello complain about our stucture?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 07:42:58 PM »

Arranging the fixture list to suit all 22 clubs perfectly is hell of a difficult job to do. Don't forget you've also got cup games, replays, playoffs etc all to fit in with a limited period. Until a sensible alternative comes around then let's just get on what we've got. The FA is 150 years old, so it's been good enough for 150 years Jacko, why do you think changes are needed now?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 07:46:20 PM »

Sick as I am of this rerepeated theme, no league or leagues could implement somethting like a winter break without it going completely through the FA system. How otherwise would the cascade of AGMs work and the formal ratification of promotions and relegations. It just isn.t a starter, never mind the vagaries of the UK weather.

on this basis how did the germans do it so well? There game is so much more healthier financially becuase of a common sense structure all the way to the top, and the national team players must gain from the winter break too, didnt capello complain about our stucture?

I thought you were wanting a winter break for our level (unless I read it wrong) so what has the national team got to do with it?

I agree that German football is probably the best run anywhere. But their winter break works because they have a totally different league structure and less cups.  I suspect their winters may be worse than ours, too.

Jimmy

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 07:51:03 PM »

Start the season 2 weeks earlier that is 4 matches to me that should happen but no break

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 07:51:57 PM »

I think we need to maybe discuss a winter break perhaps its the only way forward

Also any one know where Chris senior is these days?
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FOOTY AT MOSS-LANE .