News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty - Abroad

Author Topic: Alty - Abroad  (Read 2866 times)

jc

Alty - Abroad
« on: February 07, 2008, 07:15:27 PM »

Blue Square Premier to follow Premiership -

Alty v. Northwich -- Majorca
or
Alty v. Forest Greenn -- Tenerife

A Goodwins coach then the ferry -- Brill.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty - Abroad
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 07:29:36 PM »

Or Droylsden away in beiruit
Bernard Taylors barmy army

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 07:31:17 PM »

greed again by the premier league,What about the fans are they going to have their travelling expenses paid by the premier league i doubt it somehow.And then what about the so called carbon footprint this is going to add to it.
Harold

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 07:37:57 PM »

I hope man utd play all their games in Beijing, think of all the fans it would leave for alty to attract.

This drive away from the common man (person) is playing right into the hands of non-league football. We must take advantage!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:34:45 AM »

greed again by the premier league,What about the fans are they going to have their travelling expenses paid by the premier league i doubt it somehow.And then what about the so called carbon footprint this is going to add to it.

this is not the plan, its to expand the brand into foreign territories, personally i think it is a sound move both financially and PR wise. America is a country where all school children play football yet it is only the 5th biggest sport behind Gridiron, basketball, ice hockey and the laughable excuse for a sport baseball. If we place some of our biggest teams in america for a few games the brand would expand and the sport would too.

The NFL came here this year for the first regular season game ever played out of the North america Continent and the profile was boosted hugely, the demand being so high a game is going to be played here every year up to 2010 and has put us in line for the super bowl by around 2012/13.

Imagine if we in 10 years have done a wigan and are sat in the midtable premiership nice stadium, not full every week due to competition from other local clubs both football and rugby,  and we had a game come up in Arizona(this years superbowl venue).  our lads would go over there (with manager Mark Maddox) and build our brand there increasing revenue from both Merchandise and Ticket sales. a 90,000 seat stadium sellout adds a nice packet onto income i tell you! Sure your average joe fan woul not be able to mke it but the number of USAaltys that would pop up and the number of Alty tops being played in by the kids on a saturday morning would increase thus what we all in reality want a bigger Alty Brand.

Going back to the NFL thing if the FA have half the success of the NFL in bringing new fans to the game then more power to them and Fair play for trying out this idea.

Rant over!

thegazelle

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 01:30:41 AM »

Northwich in the dead sea

oh sorry that would be home game for them

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 02:45:15 AM »

America is a country where all school children play football yet it is only the 5th biggest sport behind Gridiron, basketball, ice hockey and the laughable excuse for a sport baseball.

you missed golf and tennis. seriously though have you been smoking something? alty in the premier league

if that ever happens i will show my arse in any and every window in the world. FACT

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 02:47:43 AM »

Imagine if we in 10 years have done a wigan and are sat in the midtable premiership nice stadium,

sorry are you talking about the blue square premier league???? or the barclays premiership???
nice stadium, yup that sounds like moss lane...

not full every week due to competition from other local clubs both football and rugby,
deffo moss land

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 09:58:57 AM »

Or Droylsden away in beiruit.............home advantage for Droylsden then.

America had all the world top stars playing in the World Cup 13 years ago promoting the global brand of soccer (as they still insist on calling it) and still their MSL is crap.

How thick is Scudamore to think the fans will not be outraged at his marketing management speak.

I can envisage the first results
Man Utd 6 Watford 0
Arsenal 1 Aston Villa 1
Liverpool 1 Everton 2
Chelsea 7 West Brom 0

Cue outrage from Liverpool and Arsenal and innocent indignity from Ferguson and Chelsea as if they wouldn't have moaned their ar$es off it  had been the other way around.

What will the Japanese make of Portsmouth 0 Wigan 0

Still, hopefully it'll mean more fans flocking to lower leagues soccer Ltd.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 10:26:34 AM »

I enjoyed that Gridiron, basketbal and  ice hockey aren't 'laughable' but baseball is ...  ;D

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »

How thick is Scudamore to think the fans will not be outraged at his marketing management speak.

He knows full well, he just doesn't care.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty - Abroad