News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dear players

Author Topic: Dear players  (Read 3902 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Dear players
« on: November 03, 2016, 09:28:56 PM »

I have just spent the last 30 mins going through my playoff photos from the season we returned to the National league and then I read the great article of Odd Sindre Tonning's support.

I am sure some of the players must read this forum. It is obvious we are going through testing times and it is becoming a bit nasty in and around the club. Yeah we have to accept we are not up to the standard expected for this level but it is 11 men against 11 men. What has hurt me more than anything is the lack of heart and effort in games.

Until Jim finds the correct reinforcements then we need you as the players to stand up as men, us supporters want 11 men against 11 men, not boys. Surely as a player you want to leave the pitch at the final whistle knowing that you gave it all. As someone who loves the game, I gave my all whether it was a training match, Saturday or Sunday football. I didn't ever want to cheat myself but more importantly the team, that is without 800 die hard fans who deserve much much better.

From the games I have seen I would only say Patterson and Richman have given there all so there are a lot more of you who need to stand and man up. We need to start fighting for every god dam ball as this is now a very hard battle. To be honest every game,whether you are top or bottom should be a battle because that is football and having the desire for victory. There are times I watch our players jogging around, hardly breaking a sweat, not closing down, hitting long balls and so on.

Yeah confidence will be low but you as the players can only change it. We can keep moping around the pitch or roll our sleeves up and grow a pair. Jim will give team instructions,formations and tactics but you guys as the players need to feel the passion and heart of playing for Altrincham FC.

VofD

Re: Dear players
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:47:13 PM »

Hey Maggie Thatcher, your boys took........................................etc.

What a load of crap.......

GB Alty

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 10:49:45 PM »

I have just spent the last 30 mins going through my playoff photos from the season we returned to the National league and then I read the great article of Odd Sindre Tonning's support.

I am sure some of the players must read this forum. It is obvious we are going through testing times and it is becoming a bit nasty in and around the club. Yeah we have to accept we are not up to the standard expected for this level but it is 11 men against 11 men. What has hurt me more than anything is the lack of heart and effort in games.

Until Jim finds the correct reinforcements then we need you as the players to stand up as men, us supporters want 11 men against 11 men, not boys. Surely as a player you want to leave the pitch at the final whistle knowing that you gave it all. As someone who loves the game, I gave my all whether it was a training match, Saturday or Sunday football. I didn't ever want to cheat myself but more importantly the team, that is without 800 die hard fans who deserve much much better.

From the games I have seen I would only say Patterson and Richman have given there all so there are a lot more of you who need to stand and man up. We need to start fighting for every god dam ball as this is now a very hard battle. To be honest every game,whether you are top or bottom should be a battle because that is football and having the desire for victory. There are times I watch our players jogging around, hardly breaking a sweat, not closing down, hitting long balls and so on.

Yeah confidence will be low but you as the players can only change it. We can keep moping around the pitch or roll our sleeves up and grow a pair. Jim will give team instructions,formations and tactics but you guys as the players need to feel the passion and heart of playing for Altrincham FC.

Worlds longest post to chat sh*t

I dont think you get it mate - the players are sh*t - end of

And that includes the wank that Harvey's signed

York Alty is back

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 11:02:29 PM »

Well said. There is a history of Alty fans exhorting the players to greater things ahead of big games.

York Alty is back

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 11:06:55 PM »

Thought it best to let you know Sausages, that you come across as the sort of person who would whinge and moan about having to go to the bank to pay in a £10,000,0000 lottery winners cheque.

Love and kisses.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 12:10:43 AM »

I admire your rallying call. However, against Worcester there wasn't really any lack of effort, we were just wank.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 06:54:57 AM »

Yep I get it, we are not good enough but do you think the team with the best players always win football games????

No mate they don't.  My point is players from what I have seen,the players can work much harder.

Leicester did not win the league because they had the most talented squad.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 08:49:14 AM »

The bottom line is, the players are being told week in week out what is required/expected of them but unfortunately they either seem to not take in what they are being told, or are totally unable to carry out basic instructions they have obviously been given by the management team, or are simply not good enough as a group of players, or more worryingly don't give a sh*t whether or not they win lose or draw as long as the pay packet drops in their lap .... I sometimes do think that the latter is true of some of the players.

I just wish they would collectively show some fkn heart and fight and at least show us fans that they do actually care.  That would at least show us that we are all in it together.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 08:50:52 AM »

Thought it best to let you know Sausages, that you come across as the sort of person who would whinge and moan about having to go to the bank to pay in a £10,000,0000 lottery winners cheque.

Love and kisses.

It could be a long way from his house to the Bank  :D ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 09:02:23 AM »

I just wish they would collectively show some fkn heart and fight and at least show us fans that they do actually care.  That would at least show us that we are all in it together.

We're certainly all in it together Ray....and it's exceptionally deep, brown, and pungent.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 09:03:57 AM »

great post from a man who understands the game and has played it
ParkINson's red and white army

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »

Well, if the players do read this then they will start this thread thinking maybe I should put a shift in and then get as far as your reply and think 'f**k it lets not bother again'.

We do need a rallying cry. We need a bloody rocket to be shoved up a few arses and get over ourselves. These lads can play football, they're just feeling sorry for themselves.

Boys and men is the difference in this leage. we're playing like a bunch of bullied little boys and the men are running around us having a laugh while we sulk.

We cant do anything about the state the club is in between now and tomorrow, but we can remind the players of their obligation, and we should!

Hulme Robin

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 11:06:08 AM »

What a privilege to be playing in the first round proper of the FA cup for legendary lion killers Altrincham FC - play like your life depended on it- kiss the badge when you score - come on you Robins!  get into them! f**k em up!

I'm going tomorrow so at least show a bit of spirit before we get the usual tonking.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dear players