PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anthony Taylor
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anthony Taylor  (Read 8123 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Anthony Taylor
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 09:25:50 PM »

Purely in terms of history, Everton have spent only four seasons outside the top level of English football since being one of the 12 founder members of the Football League in 1888.

For me, they are one of the biggest clubs in English football, albeit in slightly reduced circumstances nowadays.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 10:16:23 PM »

Purely in terms of history, Everton have spent only four seasons outside the top level of English football since being one of the 12 founder members of the Football League in 1888.

For me, they are one of the biggest clubs in English football, albeit in slightly reduced circumstances nowadays.

Hope your including Creepy Crawley in that list  ;) :D

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 08:15:17 AM »

Hope your including Creepy Crawley in that list  ;) :D
They just creep into the top 500 behind Prestwich Heys Ray ! All the best to you and Jill for Xmas and New Year.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 04:50:54 PM »

I know that I'm likely to be pilloried for supporting a friend/colleague but I honestly think that both were Red Cards

The first (Carlton Cole) may be a touch harsh but it did endanger the safety of an opponent and was made with (marginally) disproportionate force

The second one (Gibson) is a Red Card all day, week, month and year

Looks like the FA disagree.. ???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20853419

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 06:16:23 PM »

I know that I'm likely to be pilloried for supporting a friend/colleague but I honestly think that both were Red Cards

The first (Carlton Cole) may be a touch harsh but it did endanger the safety of an opponent and was made with (marginally) disproportionate force

Wrong!

It is an independent panel which adjudicates on these matters I think

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »

Wrong!

Eh? How can you say someone's point is wrong when your not sure yourself  ???

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 10:24:41 AM »

"Taylor is believed to be the first official in the country to have had two red cards from the same game wiped out" (The Times this morning).

Robin Reliant

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »

Wrong!

"Suspensions for Carlton Cole and Darron Gibson have been withdrawn
The FA can confirm that red cards shown to West Ham United's Carlton Cole and Everton's Darron Gibson have been rescinded.

Both players were sent from the field of play in the Premier League fixture between the two clubs at Upton Park on Saturday 22 December.

Their three match suspensions have been withdrawn immediately. Written reasons will be provided at a later date.

Other hearings heard by The FA today: " 

It may or may not be an independent panel, but the judgement comes from the FA.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »

Very much an Alty fan, used to go home and away game til refereeing commitments on Saturdays got in the way.

Don't see him so much now but he's still very much in the loop about how we're doing.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 05:11:05 AM »

Personally I would like to see referees explain why they gave the decisions in the game. I believe it would give some people a better understanding of the laws of the game especially the pundits. Though I think some of the LOAF and directives don't help the referees especially the offside law.
They really should be beating teams like us

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 09:16:29 AM »

It would also help if pundits and managers passed an exam at the start of the season to show that they understand the laws of the game e.g. that there's no 'last man' rule, and that players aren't 'entitled to go down' under certain types of challenge etc.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 09:37:07 AM »

Personally I would like to see referees explain why they gave the decisions in the game. I believe it would give some people a better understanding of the laws of the game especially the pundits. Though I think some of the LOAF and directives don't help the referees especially the offside law.

Nice idea Ian but you know as well as I do that nobody (particularly the media and the "offended against Club & its fans) is really interested.

When SKY started they had a Referee in the Studio ( either Joe Worrall or Neil Midgely I believe) who explained why certain decisions had been made. This totally destroyed any controversy and after about six games they paid the Ref off and didn't use him any more.

Now they put Alan Wiley and Dermot Gallagher on the media the day after when most folk aren't working and only normally show their comments when the Referee has erred
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anthony Taylor