PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time to Buy
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Time to Buy  (Read 6221 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Time to Buy
« on: August 27, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »

1940 fans were at todays game - By my reckoning the club took around £19.000  in Gate receipts alone and thats working on a cost of     £10-00 pound per head - if the club wants to challenge for the title then it has got to get away from the habit of picking up everybody elses cast offs for nothing and get at least a couple of decent players.

We have one of the best attendances in the league and charge the most in admission prices. OK some teams with lesser crowds have sugar daddys but not all of them ffs.

If the club want to progress and challenge for the league then things have to change. I just do not understand why we are never in a position to purchase any players when you consider that a very large percentage of employees at the club do it for the love of the club (and I do sincerely respect their efforts whole heartedly)

ALTYGAL

Re: Time to Buy
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 05:30:08 PM »

if we had cash to buy players would we really still be doing half time bucket collections to top us up each week.

i still rather have a mid table club, a cup run and no debts.

If we ain't got it we sure as hell shouldn't spend it.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 05:38:27 PM »

I am convinced that there are fans who genuinely believe that the club is sitting on a pile of cash and choosing not to spend it.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 05:56:49 PM »

Best wait for the police bill before we spend any
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 06:04:08 PM »

Best wait for the police bill before we spend any

what police? i saw  two at full time and that was it

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »

There were a few police in the GRE for a while, at least 4, possibly a few more, because there were four police cars parked up outside when I left.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 06:23:13 PM »

I am convinced that there are fans who genuinely believe that the club is sitting on a pile of cash and choosing not to spend it.

Well this fan isnt claiming the club are sitting on a pile of cash I am just surprised that we havent actually paid a transfer fee for a player for quite a while

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 06:26:17 PM »

if we had cash to buy players would we really still be doing half time bucket collections to top us up each week.

i still rather have a mid table club, a cup run and no debts.

If we ain't got it we sure as hell shouldn't spend it.

If we were loaded with cash I would still be happy to chuck a quid in the bucket each match I go to (as I do now) - A club at this level can never have enough money coming in -

DavidP

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »

seriously this post is a joke. yes lets become a portsmouth or rangers. sorry no thanks love alty as we are debt free

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »

seriously this post is a joke. yes lets become a portsmouth or rangers. sorry no thanks love alty as we are debt free

This post isnt a joke. I was asking the question as to why we never ever buy a player. We will not get promotion by just signing frees all the time, and I too do not want us to go down the path of Pompey or Rangers - I was just asking the fkn question

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 08:07:44 PM »

If they command a transfer fee, they will be under contract. If they are on a contract, they are probably on good money. The transfer fee might not be the issue as much as the weekly total wage bill.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 08:29:58 PM »

Obviously we can't know, but isn't it a tiny percentage of players at this level who are under multiyear contracts anyway? Nearly everyone is available every summer if they want the move.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 09:43:25 AM »

I really don't think that there is money to be spent on transfer fees for players,if the club cannot even sort out the PA system to keep the fans informed of who is actually playing or being substituted etc.I would love to see our club being in a position to spend money on the transfer of players but let's get realistic,those days are long gone.We are a small town club who have been overtaken at our level by the big money injections of the one man Mr.Moneybags.
We have to accept that we are who we are now and live in hope that things may change one day and our club can once again progress to the higher levels of the non league game.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »

You do realise that they're in trouble because they didn't pay their taxes. It's an entirely different thing.

Are people so stupid that they can't imagine there is any other way than not spending at all or going bankrupt? Jesus wept.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »

I'm stupid - unless you mean have debts which are serviced or secured?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time to Buy