PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Advice please- parking!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Advice please- parking!  (Read 4044 times)

Sainthelen

Advice please- parking!
« on: June 28, 2008, 02:00:16 PM »

I'll be coming regularly to Alty next season with my husband, and possibly more.
Last time we went- as away supporters, some time ago, we found parking difficult.
Can you give us some advice? Good place to park?
Thanks! 

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Advice please- parking!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 02:06:25 PM »

I drove up from Redhill for the FA Cup tie against Millwall. I parked on Acacia Avenue which is off Moss Lane and faces the entrance to the Golf Road End. There was plenty of parking along Acacia Avenue and that was for our biggest gate of the season.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 02:19:11 PM »

yes, while i'm sure the householders there won't thank us for saying so, over the last few years i have driven up a few times and never had problems parking in the streets opposite the main stand and a bit further down the road

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 03:31:16 PM »

You can park outside my house.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 04:22:23 PM »

If you don't mind a walk, park along Moss Lane near Stamford Park.

Longman

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 05:02:40 PM »

I'll be coming regularly to Alty next season with my husband, and possibly more.
Last time we went- as away supporters, some time ago, we found parking difficult.
Can you give us some advice? Good place to park?
Thanks! 

Are you an Alty fan then?  Or not?  If you were here last time as away fans?

Like others have said there's loads of places to park on the streets / avenues near the ground.

baldrick

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 05:26:38 PM »

Use the pub car park (King George) in Moss Lane

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 08:11:17 PM »

I think (from a previous post) that sainthelen is a friend or parent of one of our new play.
Loads of parking within 1 min and 10 mins of the ground (depending where of course)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sainthelen

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 10:21:47 PM »

I think (from a previous post) that sainthelen is a friend or parent of one of our new play.
Loads of parking within 1 min and 10 mins of the ground (depending where of course)

Friend.

The name is because we live near St Helens- but we're not Rugby League fans- take an interest in Saints results but prefer
Football.

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 12:31:05 AM »

Who cares?

Plenty of parking near the ground, or get the train and make use of the bar!

Longman

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 01:00:06 AM »

Who cares?

I care, hence the reason why I aksed the question.

Narcissist

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 01:12:44 AM »

Who cares?

Why is it important?

Do you think that your questions are welcoming to potentially new fans?

Now, i'm not saying that this is you, i'm just saying something that springs to mind. There is a certain attitude amongst certain alty fans that perplexes me. We spend all our time trying to get more people through the gates yet there is also this elitist attitude where you are lambasted for not being a big enough fan or 'not being worthy of supporting us'.

Please be clear longman that this isnt directed at you, its just that your original post smacked of this attitude. i dont think you meant it, i just wanted to point it out and now ive made some half cut tirade about it. As 'they' say many a true word spoken when drinking red wine at home watching glastonbury after a night on tequila!

Longman

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 01:44:47 AM »

Who cares?

Why is it important?

Now, i'm not saying that this is you, i'm just saying something that springs to mind. There is a certain attitude amongst certain alty fans that perplexes me. We spend all our time trying to get more people through the gates yet there is also this elitist attitude where you are lambasted for not being a big enough fan or 'not being worthy of supporting us'.

Please be clear longman that this isnt directed at you, its just that your original post smacked of this attitude. i dont think you meant it, i just wanted to point it out and now ive made some half cut tirade about it. As 'they' say many a true word spoken when drinking red wine at home watching glastonbury after a night on tequila!

You couldn't be more wrong in your assumption that I have that attitude!

I have only started following Alty regularly from the beginning of last season due to an injury which stopped me playing on a Saturday, beforehand I used to attend maybe 3 times a year.  Therefore I have absolutely no 'elitist attitude'  whatsoever when it comes to Alty.  My questions were in fact because I was curious as to whether SaintHelen was a new Alty convert, as she said she had been before but in the away end,  I was slightly confused and simply interested that was all.

So Sainthelen I certainly hope I did'nt give off any negative attitude.

The Watch3r

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 06:34:33 PM »

Who cares?

Why is it important?

ONCE AGAIN THE SO CALLED 'NARCISIST' HAS TURNED A RUN OF THE MILL QUESTION INTO A POLITICAL DEBATE.

BORING

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 07:01:09 PM »

Couldnt agree more watcher, in my mind a very sensible question, i was asking the same question to myself as I was curious.

1) It is good if an existing fan
2) It is good if a new fan
3) It is good if a converted fan
4) it is good if a friend or gf of a new alty player.

But it is interesting to know which, if a new fan or a converted we could have asked why, this may have lead to something to perhaps get more converted fans. If a wife or gf or friend it is nice to know of which player, it is good to have closer contact with players.

So Narcis I think your attack being "who cares" is out of ordsr and wrong.

Nice to see you online SaintHelen and welcome to Altrincham FC - I think that is what everyone is trying to say  ;D

I often get to the ground just before kick off now due to family issues ( small dauighter and wife working) and i manage to park at maximum 3 mins walk away up a side road.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Advice please- parking!