News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Our squad is looking really good

Author Topic: Our squad is looking really good  (Read 2709 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 27, 2008, 11:32:41 PM »

Some good ball players have come in,and with a few more additions to come, we're looking a good capable squad on paper

GOALKEEPERS
Coburn

DEFENDERS

Batersby
Doughty
Lane
Young

MIDFIELDERS

Danylyk
Lawton
Owen
Peyton
Street
Denham

FORWARDS

Johnson
Little
Meechan
O'Neil
Senior

YOUTH TEAMERS PROMOTED TO FIRST TEAM SQUAD

Danny Browne - M
Dominic Lillie - M
Tom Bailey - CF

Alty365

Re: Our squad is looking really good
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 12:07:54 AM »

Totally agree, it's shaping up really well and full credit to the management for the signings made so far. Will feel more comfortable once we have a little more cover in defence but I'm sure this will happen in due course.

Best summer signings in a very long time!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 12:14:26 AM »

Totally agree, it's shaping up really well and full credit to the management for the signings made so far. Will feel more comfortable once we have a little more cover in defence but I'm sure this will happen in due course.

The recruitment of Eddie Hussin, Colin Potts and Colin Little in the summer of 2004 proved to be rather influential!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 12:20:50 AM »

The recruitment of Eddie Hussin, Colin Potts and Colin Little in the summer of 2004 proved to be rather influential!

Totally agree Cult. In an ideal world, if we can look back in 12 months and substitute Danylyk and Denham for Hussin and Potts respectively we will be onto a winner.

Another thought which occurs is how weak we were in terms of our own players (ie. non-loan players) last season. By the looks of things we have made huge improvements this close season already and if we can bring in loan players of the same calibre as Shotton our strength in depth will be immense. Lots to be optimistic about!

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 01:10:02 AM »

Totally agree Cult. In an ideal world, if we can look back in 12 months and substitute Danylyk and Denham for Hussin and Potts respectively we will be onto a winner.

Another thought which occurs is how weak we were in terms of our own players (ie. non-loan players) last season. By the looks of things we have made huge improvements this close season already and if we can bring in loan players of the same calibre as Shotton our strength in depth will be immense. Lots to be optimistic about!

Bloody hell! I agree with Cult and 365 in the same sentence!!! What's going on with the world?!?!?!?

Agree 100% about our players last season and about the sigings made so far this prte season. Hussin and potts were fantastic in their time here and i am disappointed that neither opf them got the chance to play at conference level with us (nobody deserved it more than eddie, playing through injury to get us to BSP level and then not being able to play a part at the level he so thoroughly deserved. As with pottsy. His final balls were fantastic and with the service he could give i tink Col (Little) would have scored more than fleetwood. No question!!

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 09:11:02 AM »

There's potentially a good back four there already, i'm sure we can add a couple to that too.

One permanent centre back and another left back/centre back on loan and we're good to go.

Ive mixed feelings about Meechan but he wouldnt be the first striker to turn up at Altrincham having spent a couple of years unsettled and not on top form, only to go and be a goal machine. The glass is half full at the moment! Hope it rubs off on the players.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team