PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I Hope this goes on the dressing room wall next season
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I Hope this goes on the dressing room wall next season  (Read 5742 times)

starjammer

Re: I Hope this goes on the dressing room wall next season
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 12:47:18 AM »

It portrays the Alty support in a very bad light when we make personal attacks on an individual (not related to his performance on the field of play) just because he has chosen to join another Club.

This is the territory occupied by supporters of lesser clubs than ours in my view.

As an Alty supporter, I'm afraid to me it is par for the course for fans on this forum to slag players for the most facile of reasons. Probably part and parcel of football, but facile none the less.
I think LB may have a very good point about our style of football. For me the best attacking football I saw at Moss Lane happened when we had loan players who came in and played their own game, and without them we played a negative and ineffective style of football - to a degree that was bewildering to me.
No point putting this up on the dressing room wall, as there is a home truth in his comments that should make the team look at themselves, but this will not happen.
Seems like most fans don't want to take his comments on board either.
What is most telling, is that he's getting slagged off for his grammar and spelling, when I'd guess that there are a few 'Alty legends' who he'd put to shame in this respect. No offence, but these are footballers, and my judgement of is as footballers, and I couldn't care less if they couldn't read or write.

This is very much the territory of many Alty supporters (read the posts!)- and yes, it does portray us in a very bad light  ::)

joe

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 08:07:16 AM »

Lets be fair its been along time since altrincham played good football, as for established players actually how many of them have played for a team last season that wasnt struggling against relegation and proved that they are good enough at that level to progress altrincham to new heights...i would like to see this happen as altrincham is a big name in non league but being the only non full time team in the division it will be more difficult than ever unfortunately...but until their is an influx of money into the club this is how it will stay....to have serious claims of staving off relegation altrincham need to be full time, but if they can keep staying in the league for now by whatever means possible this gives them the chance to turn full time and aim for progression in the BSP!!

If a club needs a statement like liams putting on the wall in the dressing room to perform they need to be looking at theirselves and wondering what is wrong

as i local lad id like to see altrincham back where they belong and unfortunately as my namesake in russia i am not as affluent otherwise i would make a vast cash injection into the club but for now i'll just have to keep playing the saturday yankee as my contribution to the clause

I think you'll find there are several other part time teams in the BSP, one of which - Histon, finished in the top half last year.

I am absolutely dumbfounded that Brownhill thinks Droylsden is a better 'career choice' than Alty, I really am!  Why does he keep referring to this 'style of play' issue??  It seems to me someone has led and advised him in the direction of Droylsden.

Histon will be training in the afternoons next season and have written into the players contracts that they will be available for afternoon training. I think this makes them pretty much full time.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 09:41:57 AM »

Good to see that Liam Brownhill didn't let education get in the way of his football.

brian1925

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 10:07:17 AM »

The point being missed by everyone is that Droylsden's 'style of football' has just signed for Alty in the form of Chris Denham!!! From what I saw of the Bloods last year, Chris created nearly everything for them and now he's come to us. For the first time in ages I'm genuinely looking forward to a season...and perhaps also a cup match against Droylsden - now that would be fun!

jimbo

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 10:29:50 AM »

WHAT IS ALL THE FUSS ABOUT.HE CAME HERE A FEW YEARS AGO ON TRIAL.FAILED TO WIN CONTRACT.HE IS RIGHT FOOTED PLAYIN LEFT BACK?HE DID OK IN UNIBOND?CAVELL COO KEPT HIME OUT OF PROPER POSITION.WOULD PROBABLY BE OUT OF HIS DEPTH AT BS PREM.AND IF ENGLAND C CANT PLAY A LEFT FOOTED PLAYER AT LEFT BACK OUT OF ALL THE TEAMS IN BS PREM THEN ITS EMBARRASING.MOST PLAYERS WHO REPRESENT ENGLAND C MOVE INTO THE LEAGUE AFTER A SHORT TIME BUT ONLY US AND DROYSLDEN WERE IN FOR HIM?I AM DELIGHTED HE CHOSE THEM END OF.AND IT IS SO OBVIOUS THAT ROMAN IS ACTUALLY HIM OR RELATED .HE KNOWS FAR TO MUCH ABOUT HIS CAREER. 

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »

The point being missed by everyone is that Droylsden's 'style of football' has just signed for Alty in the form of Chris Denham!!! From what I saw of the Bloods last year, Chris created nearly everything for them and now he's come to us. For the first time in ages I'm genuinely looking forward to a season...and perhaps also a cup match against Droylsden - now that would be fun!

Somebody else mentioned that on another thread and i have to agree. And another reason for their 'style of football' has left and gone to Burton in the form of Banhim (which people seemt o have missed ;D)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 12:23:48 PM »

Would have loved to have heard what Pacey has spouted to this lad  ;D

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 12:49:13 PM »

See the Vics forum......£125 a week more than us may have had something to do with it!!!!!!

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 01:05:19 PM »

I think the point that only us and Droylsden were in for him is a good one.

If he really has/had that potential bigger clubs that both of us would be looking at him.

Perhaps the hype is overrated for this T**T, whether is suit for Alty or not he has gone back on his word and anyone in life who do that are not worth knowing.

Good ridance.

jimbo

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 01:53:41 PM »

i think its fair to say how wud roman er i mean brownhill be able to hold down the left back slot against an establsihed left footed conf prem left back .matt dougty.

la rumba

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »

why do people choose to take a cheep shot at the lad after he explained his reasons?

has he not done the right thing by being honest?

i think so

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 04:54:53 PM »

I'm surprised he didn't choose Bradford PA. He would have been better off staying at Witton. A player of his ability should be playing at a higher level than Conference North.
They really should be beating teams like us

Narcissist

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 05:07:17 PM »

I think t**t is a bit harsh.

He's made a bad decision. My major dissapointment in the whole thing is that Alty didn't get the player we were all well excited about. Thats down to two reasons. The main one that he signed for someone else, but secondly because he's not the type of person/player we all presumed he was.

So in one sense good riddance, better off without him. In another, bit gutted a getting carried away in at all.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 06:16:59 PM »

At least you spelt that correctly.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team